Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

24/3/2022 11:05 pm  #1

Is this DUFC's biggest support since the 80's?

I ask this question given that for the (4th?) Derby in a row we have sold out the Shed. We have also sold out the Entire East Stand and George Fox is 95% sold out with over 2 weeks still to the Derby.

We also sold out The Shed in recent(ish) big Scottish Cup matches (2-2 v Hibs) and much more recently 0-3 v Celtic.

Taking a look at the last few Tannadice Derby attendances -

Utd 1 - 0 Dundee - Sun 19/9/21 (12,806)
Utd 1 v 1 Dundee - Fri 27/12/19 (14,007)
Utd 6 v 2 Dundee - Fri 30/8/19 (14,108)

Two of those are the highest Derby attendances since Tannadice became all-seater in the mid 90's. And the most recent Derby is close to being the 3rd highest

You have to go back over 30 years to 19th March 1991 for a higher Tannadice attendance.

16,228 in a 3-1 home win in the Scottish Cup 5th Round.

This was the highest Tannadice Derby attendance of the 90's incidentally.

25/3/2022 6:30 pm  #2

Re: Is this DUFC's biggest support since the 80's?

In over 50yrs of watching the Terrors I would say getting roughly 10k UTD fans at a match at Tannadice is a high point.
The funs support at Tannadice has fallen of a cliff in recent years.
When I started going as a lad they outnumbered by about 2-1.

26/3/2022 8:23 am  #3

Tek wrote:

We also sold out The Shed in recent(ish) big Scottish Cup matches (2-2 v Hibs) and much more recently 0-3 v Celtic.

We didn't come close to selling out the Carling Stand in either of these games, plus there were large gaps in the other home stands too.

Derby sales have been excellent in recent times, but that is the only time we are realistically going to sell out for a domestic game, unless there is something huge at stake.

27/3/2022 12:26 am  #4

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Tek wrote:

We didn't come close to selling out the Carling Stand in either of these games, plus there were large gaps in the other home stands too.

Derby sales have been excellent in recent times, but that is the only time we are realistically going to sell out for a domestic game, unless there is something huge at stake.

Had a look back at the Hibs game and you're right. The Shed only looks about 50 or 60% full on the day. I had it in my head we sold it out or nearly did, for some reason. The East Stand does look 90% full however.

Celtic game 2 weeks ago the Shed looks 90% full and there was a decent crowd in East Stand and George Fox too.

The point of my initial post was more to highlight that the Utd support have really stepped up these past 2 or 3 seasons. Considering the product on the park has not always been great.

Hopefully this trend continues going forward but the club must balance this out with sensible ticketing pricing to reflect the recent steep rise in the cost of living vastly outstripping inflation rates and the average working man's wage.

Last edited by Tek (27/3/2022 12:28 am)

27/3/2022 10:01 pm  #5

I see there’s around 50 tickets left for the derby (home end)

incredible effort, with the cost of living crisis etc, Arabs are turning out to support their side. If the club could recognise this and meet us halfway with lower admission prices, it’ll persuade some of these fans to come back..

they may even buy a season ticket, who knows..

28/3/2022 6:55 am  #6

MockChop wrote:

I see there’s around 50 tickets left for the derby (home end)

incredible effort, with the cost of living crisis etc, Arabs are turning out to support their side. If the club could recognise this and meet us halfway with lower admission prices, it’ll persuade some of these fans to come back..

they may even buy a season ticket, who knows..

In the current climate its more likely prices will go up.  It will cost us more to put the floodlights on, the undersold heating and so on.
I've just got my Hibs ticket= £30, not quite qualifying for a pensioners ticket yet.
Football is just following on what is going on in the wider economy.

14/5/2022 3:57 pm  #7

Looking at that away support today.

I would say in answer to my original question then the answer is 100% YES.

Might even be the biggest our support has ever been. Taking ridiculous numbers to away games these days.

Support this season has been unreal.

15/5/2022 5:40 am  #8

It's just brilliant to see the scenes of celebration at St Mirren and Ross County away games recently.

After some brutal times in the championship, and then our first season back in the premiership having the totally alien situation of no fans there, they deserve it.  

31/5/2022 8:50 pm  #9

Seen that we have sold over 5000 season tickets, what the most we have sold for one season?

31/5/2022 10:03 pm  #10

CCX2 2010 wrote:

Seen that we have sold over 5000 season tickets, what the most we have sold for one season?

Could be wrong but going by memory i think it was 5,500.

23/7/2022 3:11 am  #11

5,700 season tickets sold.

Our core support has never been better. 

Up to those in charge not to sleep on that now.

05/8/2022 2:11 am  #12

The pictures and videos of the supporters march to Tannadice tonight.

Wow. Just wow.

Never seen anything like that from Utd support before. Looked like a Cup Final Utd crowd outside Hampden or something.

05/8/2022 4:11 am  #13

Tek wrote:

The pictures and videos of the supporters march to Tannadice tonight.

Wow. Just wow.

Never seen anything like that from Utd support before. Looked like a Cup Final Utd crowd outside Hampden or something.

The lads who organise that stuff deserve a lot of credit.

Board footera