Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

08/5/2022 11:50 pm  #1

Utd V's Celtic - Wed 12th May (7.30pm)

The back 3 has worked fairly well for us at times this season.

But yesterday against Rangers was a timely reminder that when we are up against a bit of pace we invariably struggle.

Let's play two banks of 4 on Wednesday. Play two wide players who can protect the fullbacks but also give them the remit to get forward whenever possible and get the ball in the box. Let's also play two Forwards ffs. We're at home.

I hate the term 'free hit'. It's loser talk.

Feel like we are already looking ahead to the Ross County match as the 'big one'.

We have a huge match at home on Wednesday, where we can seal European qualification with a win. And in front of our home support.

What is a bigger incentive than that?

My team would be -

...........................Siegrist....................
Smith......Edwards....Graham....McMann
Freeman......Levitt....Mulgrew.....Niskanen
.......................Clark...Watt...........

Subs - Eriksson, Neilson, Cudjoe, Sporle
McDonald, Macleod, Mochrie, Meekison, Moore

09/5/2022 6:25 am  #2

Re: Utd V's Celtic - Wed 12th May (7.30pm)

Yeah totally agree Tek. Let's be positive

09/5/2022 7:36 am  #3

Tek wrote:

But yesterday against Rangers was a timely reminder that when we are up against a bit of pace we invariably struggle.

Let's play two banks of 4 on Wednesday. Play two wide players who can protect the fullbacks but also give them the remit to get forward whenever possible and get the ball in the box. Let's also play two Forwards ffs. We're at home.

Feel like we are already looking ahead to the Ross County match as the 'big one'.

We have a huge match at home on Wednesday, where we can seal European qualification with a win. And in front of our home support.

My team would be -

Freeman in midfield wouldnt work

09/5/2022 9:49 am  #4

dufc2019 wrote:

Tek wrote:

My team would be -

We don't really have much choice.

Needs must and we badly need a player who can carry the ball forward on the right.

09/5/2022 10:41 am  #5

Tek wrote:

dufc2019 wrote:

Tek wrote:

My team would be -

Needs must and we badly need a player who can carry the ball forward on the right.

he can do it from fullback maybe but not midfield he's not good enough technically IMO and anyway its a mute point I would say as Tam wont even play him at RB

09/5/2022 11:00 am  #6

dufc2019 wrote:

Tek wrote:

dufc2019 wrote:

he can do it from fullback maybe but not midfield he's not good enough technically IMO and anyway its a mute point I would say as Tam wont even play him at RB

I disagree totally.

'Technically' i think he's one of the best players at the club. If we are talking how he is with the ball at his feet and crossing ability etc.

09/5/2022 11:58 am  #7

Tek wrote:

dufc2019 wrote:

Tek wrote:

I disagree totally.

'Technically' i think he's one of the best players at the club. If we are talking how he is with the ball at his feet and crossing ability etc.

If he was technically one of the best players at the club, would he not be playing ?

09/5/2022 12:10 pm  #8

How many senior first team players are out? Feels like we must have half a dozen starters out and others not fit enough for 90 mins?

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

09/5/2022 12:42 pm  #9

A free hit game, we've got nothing to lose here. I'm predicting a 2-2 draw to set up a cliffhanger in the Highlands next week.

09/5/2022 1:34 pm  #10

dufc2019 wrote:

Tek wrote:

dufc2019 wrote:

I disagree totally.

If he was technically one of the best players at the club, would he not be playing ?

I've seen with my own eyes his abilities. 

Declan Glass is also technically brilliant and has natural ability.

TC doesn't rate him either.

09/5/2022 1:40 pm  #11

Tek wrote:

dufc2019 wrote:

Tek wrote:

I disagree totally.

I've seen with my own eyes his abilities. 

Declan Glass is also technically brilliant and has natural ability.

TC doesn't rate him either.

Neirher did Mckinnes, Neilson or Shabba to be fair

09/5/2022 2:54 pm  #12

Agree we should revert to a back 4 but I can't see it happening unfortunately. Tam's persistence to play Smith at right wing-back ahead of Freeman who is a more natural box-to-box full back gets more baffling by the week. Assuming we are playing the usual formation, I'd be going with:

Benji

Edwards
Mulgrew
Graham

Freeman
Levitt
McDonald
Meekison
Niskanen

Watt
Clark

In a back 4 I'd love to see:

Benji

Freeman
Edwards
Mulgrew
McMann

Niskanen
Levitt
McDonald
Meekison
Sporle

Watt

09/5/2022 3:42 pm  #13

dufc2019 wrote:

Tek wrote:

dufc2019 wrote:

I disagree totally.

Everyone has their opinions but for me Freeman's technique is abysmal.
He can run on to a through ball but if he has the ball at his feet he will automatically play it back.
I think TC made his mind up about KF after the last Celtic league game at Tannadice where he got an absolute roasting from Johnston.

09/5/2022 4:13 pm  #14

Stillliving wrote:

dufc2019 wrote:

Tek wrote:

I disagree totally.

He can run on to a through ball but if he has the ball at his feet he will automatically play it back.
I think TC made his mind up about KF after the last Celtic league game at Tannadice where he got an absolute roasting from Johnston.

Thats what i was saying

09/5/2022 4:31 pm  #15

For me this is purely a damage limitation exercise, just look at our record against them, look at where we currently are in the table.

We are a million miles from either side of the OF as was proven against yesterday.

Erikson (keep Benji for Saturday)
Freeman, Edwards, Neilson McMann ( keep Graham for Saturday)
Smith  Levitt, Clark, mc Donald,Niskanen ( keep Mulgrew for Saturday)
Watt.

My eyes will be on Watt on Wednesday to see just how up for this game he will be, hopefully he can burst into a jog this midweek.

Batton down the hatches, ear plugs in and hopefully we get no injuries.

Also whilst holding my nose, fingers crossed for a hearts win.

09/5/2022 5:12 pm  #16

At the Well gehm, some of my neeboring Arabs were saying that they've heard that some of the Celtic supporters clubs have hired out large sections of the Hospo, meaning that some of our own ST Hospo guys will not be in their usual venue.

Also that they are getting seating in Home Support seating areas.

Anybody got any info on this.

09/5/2022 6:47 pm  #17

Billy_Hainey wrote:

At the Well gehm, some of my neeboring Arabs were saying that they've heard that some of the Celtic supporters clubs have hired out large sections of the Hospo, meaning that some of our own ST Hospo guys will not be in their usual venue.

Also that they are getting seating in Home Support seating areas.

Anybody got any info on this.

It's quite open knowledge, there was an announcement by the club around recently and was widely discussed. The fans are not being seated in home areas, they are being seated in the Carling Stand. I'm surprised this is being classed as a rumour.

The link has been taken down now, but for what it's worth I feel it was the correct decision. A large number of Celtic fans planned to buy hospitality tickets, but very few home fans. To maximise both revenue and fan safety, it makes complete sense to have two separate areas.

09/5/2022 6:55 pm  #18

Stillliving wrote:

dufc2019 wrote:

Tek wrote:

I disagree totally.

To be fair all i'm really advocating is him getting forward (and offering minimal support to Liam Smith).

I wasn't saying he should play LB against them again. 

What team would you play?

That's a question for dufc2019 also btw.

09/5/2022 7:04 pm  #19

CCX2 2010 wrote:

My eyes will be on Watt on Wednesday to see just how up for this game he will be, hopefully he can burst into a jog this midweek.

Let's not get crazy.

09/5/2022 8:29 pm  #20

Benji
Freeman Edwards Graham mcmann
Smith mulgrew levitt
Niskanen watt sporle

09/5/2022 9:24 pm  #21

SuperMario wrote:

Benji
Freeman Edwards Graham mcmann
Smith mulgrew levitt
Niskanen watt sporle

I think Mulgrew cant play 3 times a week and will be rested
keeper
Smith Neilson edwards Graham Mcman
 Mcdonald Levitt Meekison
Watt Clark

If mcdonald not fit - Smith in MD and Inni at RWB

11/5/2022 2:55 pm  #22

Eriksson

Neilson  Edwards  Graham   McMann

Smith
Freeman       Levitt  Mochrie              Niskanen

Watt

Rest Benji, Mulgrew. 4-5-1 with Smith sitting at the base of a central triangle. Triangle flips to Levitt and Smith at the base and Mochrie at the point if we're under the cosh, which makes more of a 4-4-1-1. We are lightweight in the middle of the park but options are limited - I wouldn't be against seeing Craig Moore sitting in there, and hope wee Archie gets more playing time to work his way past his error last week. Would take out Watt and put on Clark for the 2nd half, depending on how it's going and thinking ahead to County. Balls wide to Niskanen and Freeman and early balls into the box from wide.

11/5/2022 5:00 pm  #23

McLeod apparently starting

11/5/2022 8:32 pm  #24

That's the best we have played all season.

A wee injection of movement and pace and would you belive it.

European football at his first attempt, well done Tam Courts.

11/5/2022 8:34 pm  #25

Can't argue with that. Kept it tight but opened up when we went behind.

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

Board footera