Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

24/4/2022 8:56 pm  #26

Re: Hearts at home

kdyteejay wrote:

Tek wrote:

kdyteejay wrote:

We really need Butcher or at least given an explanation of why he’s been missing.

I doubt we will get an explanation. Because if rumours are true then i can't imagine Benjamin Siegriest will want his personal life publicised.

The irony in all this is Butcher was starting to play his best football in a Utd jersey. We miss him badly.

We’ll if Benji is going, drop him and get Butcher back.

Can't play Butcher if the squad has turned their backs on him.

Wouldn't be against Eriksson getting a game though. Siegrist doesn't seem to have his head in the game just now.

25/4/2022 5:22 am  #27

2 good goals yesterday which was down to the individuals and as usual didn’t create much as a team but been saying that for weeks now so not really surprised. I really don’t understand why we can’t keep playing with the high tempo that we start with as when we play this way we score goals.

25/4/2022 6:43 am  #28

The team is simply not good enough. A Lack of pace, power,technique and football awareness.
I would take a slightly different view and suggest TC has done well to keep this team out of the relegation places.

25/4/2022 7:17 am  #29

We are still in with a decent chance of European qualification, are we ready for that? I would love to see us back in Europe for so many reasons, however with the current squad, would it be a Mypa47 or Tatran Presov situation?

25/4/2022 2:46 pm  #30

kiwiarab wrote:

We are still in with a decent chance of European qualification, are we ready for that? I would love to see us back in Europe for so many reasons, however with the current squad, would it be a Mypa47 or Tatran Presov situation?

Yes would be the answer to that with our current squad.

There is no pressure on the players though I feel ,as they have achieved what most of us thought was not possible and that was a top 6 finish.

Last edited by CCX2 2010 (25/4/2022 2:48 pm)

25/4/2022 2:47 pm  #31

kiwiarab wrote:

Yes would be the answer to that with our current squad.

There is no pressure on the players though I feel ,as they have achieved what most of us thought was not possible and that was a top 6 finish.

I would love to see it also but with this squad I would fear an embarrassment or a hiding.

25/4/2022 3:32 pm  #32

While we "deserve" to be 4th, based on the fact that there are 8 teams who have somehow managed to be worse than us, we don't have a team that will go beyond the first qualifying round of Europe.
When we play with some urgency and press high up the park, we look capable of holding our own against good teams. But as soon as we get our noses in front, and especially if the opposition have a quick forward, our back line defends 15 yards deeper. Are they too scared to step up to the half way line  when we're pressing because they don't have the pace to deal with a ball over the top? So either we stop the high press, or we do a half-arsed high press involving only half the team, so we get massive gaps in the middle of the park and get exploited that way. It was so apparent against Hearts.
Missing Butcher IMO, but more at CH than in midfield.
That Hearts game was massive. Motherwell and County now know that if they can take something from Hearts, it will effectively bump us down to 5th or 6th. I don't see our team as having the stomach for the inevitable battles that the games against Motherwell and County will be.
Two fantastic goals on Sunday but the rest of the game was as frustrating as hell to watch.

25/4/2022 4:40 pm  #33

Canadian Arab wrote:

While we "deserve" to be 4th, based on the fact that there are 8 teams who have somehow managed to be worse than us, we don't have a team that will go beyond the first qualifying round of Europe.
When we play with some urgency and press high up the park, we look capable of holding our own against good teams. But as soon as we get our noses in front, and especially if the opposition have a quick forward, our back line defends 15 yards deeper. Are they too scared to step up to the half way line  when we're pressing because they don't have the pace to deal with a ball over the top? So either we stop the high press, or we do a half-arsed high press involving only half the team, so we get massive gaps in the middle of the park and get exploited that way. It was so apparent against Hearts.
Missing Butcher IMO, but more at CH than in midfield.
That Hearts game was massive. Motherwell and County now know that if they can take something from Hearts, it will effectively bump us down to 5th or 6th. I don't see our team as having the stomach for the inevitable battles that the games against Motherwell and County will be.
Two fantastic goals on Sunday but the rest of the game was as frustrating as hell to watch.

spot on

Board footera