Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

14/3/2022 1:08 am  #26

Re: Omicron

Tek wrote:

Not gonna try and argue the toss over events happening in your adopted land CA.

But sounds like your view is slightly lopsided, given other stuff i have read.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/feb/08/canada-ottawa-trucker-protest-extremist-qanon-neo-nazi

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/feb/17/ottawa-protests-anti-terror-agency-warned-violent-extremists

Now admittedly these aren't the "F*ck Trudeau" facebook chat group pages, but they still contain one or two interesting snippets.

15/3/2022 9:48 am  #27

1800 in hospital now in Scotland, almost back to January 2021 levels.  

15/3/2022 2:56 pm  #28

SlatefordArab wrote:

1800 in hospital now in Scotland, almost back to January 2021 levels.  

Yes. I actually think Sturgeon has a rather hard call to make. On one hand the vaccines have done their job of reducing the number of seriously ill people and making the virus more akin to a common cold, however, the AB.2 variant is much more transmissible than any of the previous variants, so, could present a real problem for healthcare settings. The other thing is, that, we have shifted to relying on LFT tests rather than PCR, which means we a relying on people to be honest. My guess is that we are much nearer 1 in 14 people positive, rather than 1in 18

I really don’t know what is the right call here. My fear is that care homes will go into a near permanent lockdown.

15/3/2022 8:02 pm  #29

masks stay for 2 more weeks, due to rise in cases. that will put the "Muh freedoms" mob into meltdoon.

27/3/2022 9:29 am  #30

With cases in Scotland 1/11 now running far higher than England 1/16 it would appear obvious that masks are a complete waste of time.
However the policy of keeping masks has achieved the SNPs objectives in making sure Scotland has a different policy than England

28/3/2022 6:26 pm  #31

Stillliving wrote:

With cases in Scotland 1/11 now running far higher than England 1/16 it would appear obvious that masks are a complete waste of time.
However the policy of keeping masks has achieved the SNPs objectives in making sure Scotland has a different policy than England

No, masks are not a complete waste of time. They reduce spread, with some mask types being far more effective than others, but there are many other factors that impact infection rates.
There is no longer a mask mandate here, but I'd say around 40% of people are continuing to mask in public, out of choice.

Board footera