Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

19/4/2021 12:23 am  #1

The Super League

What a bunch of greedy, elitist, self serving cunts.

19/4/2021 12:37 am  #2

Re: The Super League

The root cause of all this is that Barcelona are shit scared of ever playing us again

19/4/2021 1:34 pm  #3

Might have a silver lining if the ugly sisters get invited to the EPL to replace the six.

19/4/2021 2:18 pm  #4

Its just a blatant way for the rich to get richer and destroy Competion. It's been happening at all levels - I guess scotland was ahead of the curve on this with the OF power grab...

The worst thing is the champions league revamp proposals are awful for competition.. and this is worse!

Keeping in mind it's called the CHAMPIONS league. A team winning an average league has to jump through so many hoops to qualify and countries like England get 4 or 5 places. Even worse under the new proposals, spaces will be reserved for teams in those leagues who have a crap season and don't qualify!!!

I'd much rather sit and watch Dunfermline v Raith - a game steeped in history, rivalry and passion than ANOTHER game between Man United and Barcelona, watched by a relatively small hard-core support and football tourists.

Keep competition fair. Supporting all teams in a league will increase the quality throughout and raise the quality exponentially.

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

19/4/2021 9:01 pm  #5

Tek wrote:

If you're referring to the Multi-Billionaire owners of these Clubs, then I concur.

19/4/2021 9:08 pm  #6

Tek wrote:

Does that really surprise you?

I recall when the Glazers bought Man U over 20 years ago, I thought that: They know nothing about football; They don't care about the history or the fans; They just want to monetise "the product". Since then, CVC capital has taken huge stakes in many football clubs, The Arrows F1 team and The 6 Nations.

These guys are thematic investors. Where are football clubs getting most  of their sponsorship money? Gambling companies. In fact, only three EPL clubs don't have a betting company sponsor. After that Sky and BT pay billions for broadcast rights. The biggest gamblers in the World are the Chinese. China makes up a third of the World's population.

Fans don't matter. Man U supporters could have thwarted the Glazers by buying the shares (it was a FTSE 250 company) but they didn't. Craig Whyte and Green would have been nowhere near Rangers if the supporters purchased the shares. They didn't.

Supporters will moan on BB's, sub-ignoramus phone in debates etc, but, the reality is: If you are not a shareholder, it's not your club.

The American buyout firms own "the product". It's been vertically integrated, monetised and leveraged.

This ship has sailed.

For the record, I bought 9000 shares in Celtic at 104.

19/4/2021 10:15 pm  #7

If the Chinese and the Americans want these clubs, can they not just fuck off there and leave the rest of us to get on with actual football? Or alternatively they can support their own leagues???

Last edited by lifesanocean (19/4/2021 10:25 pm)

Too much commotion

19/4/2021 10:40 pm  #8

Billy_Hainey wrote:

Tek wrote:

If you're referring to the Multi-Billionaire owners of these Clubs, then I concur.

I am Bill, yes.

20/4/2021 6:22 am  #9

Hope this doesn't mean we'll now have Super Fans to contend with! 😱😵😨

It'll be like eastfitba.Co.UK multiplied by a million...

😂

21/4/2021 5:01 am  #10

So this was all just a political game then...

"If you don't give us what we want, we're leaving!"

= There you go. Here's your bus-fare!

"Ach, we'll just stay then. What's for dinner???" 😂

Board footera