Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

24/3/2021 10:48 am  #1

Jambos/neilson

Last night was funny for a club who I feel persecuted united twice in the space of a few months, firstly by trying to deny us promotion and secondly by pulling the rug from under our feet during our planning for the new season....

But looking a bit deeper...

I think its fair to say, not many in tangerine were gutted to see neilson go. Personally, I was shocked at what transpired but not too dissapointed.

I felt at the time that we had a group of players who were underachieving almost sleepwalking to the league title and it was a squad that lacked shape. Robbie would say the words about respecting opponents etc but it always felt a bit forced. There was always an air of superiority Bout him. Also the vice-like grip that the likes of alloa and Dumbarton had on us was scary.

Now looking at hearts and reading comments on jambos kickback (it's worth a read if you have time to kill) it looks like v similar things are happening at tynecastle. They have drawn 4 of their last 6 league games. They have lost for the first time in their history (apparently) to Alloa and they have just been pumped in the Scottish by a Highland league team. (Who hadn't played in months)

His interview last night was a shocker and won't do anything for team morale. He deflects away from himself and blames players still there from their relegation season...that was a team that had gms Liam Boyce and Christopher Berra in it - 3 internationals...and that's before thinking they have others at their disposal like Craig Gordon.

(As a side note, they signed elliot frear (ex motherwell) who we were linked with and by all accounts his stinking

It's like history repeating itself but the jambos won't be lucky enough to get money to see him leave. If he underachieves in a league where his team holds all the cards, how will he cope if he gets to keep his job until next season...

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

24/3/2021 11:17 am  #2

Re: Jambos/neilson

I remember when he left us there were a lot of Jambos, and other supporters, talking about how we were being bitter when a good majority of United fans were glad to see the back of him. It's good that we've been proven correct. His brand of football and unbelievably negative tactics were really something to behold when you see that MM had us challenging for the Top 6 with almost the same squad of players.

25/3/2021 5:09 pm  #3

The slow very deliberate build up play he adopts makes it far more likely his teams will lose to so called lesser opposition.
High tempo play is required against P/T teams.

25/3/2021 8:19 pm  #4

Tangy wrote:

Last night was funny for a club who I feel persecuted united twice in the space of a few months, firstly by trying to deny us promotion and secondly by pulling the rug from under our feet during our planning for the new season....

But looking a bit deeper...

I think its fair to say, not many in tangerine were gutted to see neilson go. Personally, I was shocked at what transpired but not too dissapointed.

I felt at the time that we had a group of players who were underachieving almost sleepwalking to the league title and it was a squad that lacked shape. Robbie would say the words about respecting opponents etc but it always felt a bit forced. There was always an air of superiority Bout him. Also the vice-like grip that the likes of alloa and Dumbarton had on us was scary.

Now looking at hearts and reading comments on jambos kickback (it's worth a read if you have time to kill) it looks like v similar things are happening at tynecastle. They have drawn 4 of their last 6 league games. They have lost for the first time in their history (apparently) to Alloa and they have just been pumped in the Scottish by a Highland league team. (Who hadn't played in months)

His interview last night was a shocker and won't do anything for team morale. He deflects away from himself and blames players still there from their relegation season...that was a team that had gms Liam Boyce and Christopher Berra in it - 3 internationals...and that's before thinking they have others at their disposal like Craig Gordon.

(As a side note, they signed elliot frear (ex motherwell) who we were linked with and by all accounts his stinking

It's like history repeating itself but the jambos won't be lucky enough to get money to see him leave. If he underachieves in a league where his team holds all the cards, how will he cope if he gets to keep his job until next season...

Very well put summation Tangy.

I'll put it another way :  Fuck 'em !

29/3/2021 2:16 pm  #5

To be fair, there were very few Jambos I know, if any, who were happy about him coming back to Tynecastle.  I suspect he may survive if the form turns back again as he will have achieved his main goal, promotion.  He'll last 6 or 7 games of next season and when the Jambos aren't sitting in the top 4 he'll get punted.

Board footera