Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

25/1/2021 11:12 am  #1

Chelsea to sack Lampard

Apparently confirmation expected today that Chelsea are about to sack Lampard after 18 months in the job.

Ever since the Russian boy took over at Chelsea I've not liked them. The way they rattle through managers, they way they just sign new players instead of blooding their own youngsters, I just saw them as a classic example of how shite football is nowadays and how much money is the only player.

Then when they hired Lampard I thought, fair enough, makes sense. It looked like they were going to give him the chance to bring through some of the talented youngsters they have at the club. So you're looking at guys like Mount, Abraham, Hudson-Odoi, Tomori, James, Gilmour that have all been given a chance to play. I dont know this for sure but I'd be fairly confident when I say that Lampard has given more minutes to youngsters than all of Chelsea's managers in their Abramovich reign combined. And that is something that should surely be given time to make work?

They backed him in the summer by letting him spend some serious dough and he has put it to good use by signing boys like Werner, Havertz, Ziyech, Mendy (GK), T.Silva, Chilwell, and one or two more that slip my mind. He's then given 6 months to make it work and is now on the edge of being punted? Whats the point? How many players have you seen move to a big English Prem club and take a bit of time to climatise? Robertson and Tierney two examples a bit closer to home. Both barely played their first 6 months at the club and are now two of the first names on the team sheet.

Now I'm not a Chelsea fan, I don't really care where they end up, but for me, looking in, I saw Lampard as a guy who deserved a few years in the job to build the club back up to a force in the league and in Europe. What I can almost guarantee is about is to happen, is that a new manager will come in and the new guys who came in the summer will start to settle in a bit more, results will improve and Lampard will be labelled as a shite manager. For me this just isn't fair and I've gone from someone who was starting to look upon Chelsea as a team that I hoped to see challenging at the top of league and maybe rooted for them a bit more than other English teams in Europe, to a team that, if they do sack Lampard, I hope to see fail. Shame. Solksjaer (sp?) at Man United was on the verge of the sack 6 weeks ago... now he is the new Fergie. Lampard should be given time.

25/1/2021 8:09 pm  #2

Re: Chelsea to sack Lampard

Everyone's a winner here.  Lampard will get a few £M to go.  Everybody gets to hate Chelsea a little more.  Abramovich will waste a few more £M that was never his in the first place.  Chelsea will have a transition season and it will all be forgotten in a few months of the new season.  Oh and the 'fans' will be royally pissed off at the whole thing.

I'm delighted.  Everyone's a winner.

Board footera