Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

25/4/2016 10:05 pm  #51

Re: Can Leicester win the EPL?

spurs botted it tonight

29/4/2016 10:07 pm  #52

Whatever anyone's feelings about Leicester, Ranieri seems to be a genuinely nice person (in a profession that's not short of utter tossers).

Born out by the piece linked below on his early days in Italy.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/29/claudio-ranieri-gentle-man-leicester-city-premier-league

30/4/2016 2:17 am  #53

scarpia wrote:

Whatever anyone's feelings about Leicester, Ranieri seems to be a genuinely nice person (in a profession that's not short of utter tossers).

Born out by the piece linked below on his early days in Italy.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/29/claudio-ranieri-gentle-man-leicester-city-premier-league

Really hope he wins the league.

30/4/2016 1:50 pm  #54

fairplay to Leicester, they deserve It.

02/5/2016 1:14 pm  #55

Aye to take effectively a standing count at Old Trafford after Manure's fast start yesterday and to turn it round to be the better team for 80% of the remaining game took courage and guts which they seem to have in spades.

02/5/2016 1:36 pm  #56

Think it'll be all over tonight. Chelsea will get at least a point off Spurs.

03/5/2016 12:13 am  #57

huntedbyafreak wrote:

No.

Is this the reason he inexplicably stopped posting i wonder? 

Guess we'll never know.

p.s Hi Hunted.

03/5/2016 9:27 am  #58

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36181320

Now Leicester City are to coin in a potential £150 million, it would be a positive gesture if they paid back the £30 million they shed when they went into administration in 2002.

But I doubt that will happen.

Nonetheless, it is a great 'sporting achievement' (I think, grudgingly).

03/5/2016 11:46 am  #59

Don't see what an admin in 2002 under previous ownership has got to do with now?

Businesses (and individuals)  all over the world make financial mistakes and unfortunately people and other business get fucked over because of it.

If United go into administration are we as well never competing again, because if we win anything post admin it's not right?

Brilliant sporting achievement, Leicester have spent less in their 130 or whatever year history than Man Utd spent this season.

It's results like this that make me believe that it is possible for United to win the league again.

Brilliant.

03/5/2016 12:19 pm  #60

Andy wrote:

Don't see what an admin in 2002 under previous ownership has got to do with now?

Businesses (and individuals) all over the world make financial mistakes and unfortunately people and other business get fucked over because of it.

If United go into administration are we as well never competing again, because if we win anything post admin it's not right?

Brilliant sporting achievement, Leicester have spent less in their 130 or whatever year history than Man Utd spent this season.

It's results like this that make me believe that it is possible for United to win the league again.

Brilliant.

I've said it's a great sporting achievement, but it leaves a bit of a sour taste with me. In the same way that clubs who have cast off debts (specifically to the tax man) and will be playing in a league above us pisses me off. Like Dundee, Hearts and Motherwell. Rangers went a step further, got liquidated, yet are still the 'same club'?

If United go into admin, owing money to the tax system, then I'm out.

03/5/2016 1:13 pm  #61

Fair point about debt to the tax man Pat, I don't know if that's who Leicester owed tbf.

I was always told there are two rules in business:

Rule 1: pay the tax man.
Rule 2: pay the tax man.

04/5/2016 1:38 am  #62

Next question will be can Leicester keep ahold of their top players?

They have a very wealthy owner.

Can Ranieri persuade them to stay and cement Leicester as a top club both in England and abroad (in the short-term anyway)?

Or will the modern curse of football (money) talk?

04/5/2016 9:03 pm  #63

Tek wrote:

Next question will be can Leicester keep ahold of their top players?

They have a very wealthy owner.

Can Ranieri persuade them to stay and cement Leicester as a top club both in England and abroad (in the short-term anyway)?

Or will the modern curse of football (money) talk?

With £150m as a result of winning the league/CL monies plus the new TV deal down there next season (I believe the ball boys will be on more money than the average SPFL player) they'll have no need to sell.

Whether the players want to hang around is another matter.....will be interesting to see...

19/1/2021 11:08 pm  #64

Mid-January and they're top of the EPL.

They couldn't again. Could they?

20/1/2021 1:16 am  #65

I think it’ll be Man City but you never know. If they win their next game that’ll be three different leaders in 3 days. Don’t think we’ve had that in Scotland at this stage in 30 odd years?

It's not where you're from it's where you're at.

Board footera