Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

19/10/2014 11:26 pm  #26

Re: January

Aye. Jackie has been 'lucky' that we've got a very good youth system. He played them though whilst Houston thought that playing them would weaken us. Although I think thon press conference was more to do with the fact that Houston had fallen out with Thompson and wasn't prepared to take a pay cut. 

We would have won that final in May though under Houston IMO

Last edited by huntedbyafreak (19/10/2014 11:29 pm)

Yeah yeah Industrial Estate

19/10/2014 11:36 pm  #27

Houston did give both Gauld+Souttar their debuts remember.I think people tend to forget that.

He also brought in young guys like Russell+Armstrong.And started playing other young guys like Goodwillie and Swanson who Levein rarely played.

I think it's a wee bit of a myth that he didn't play youth.I personally think he got the mix of youth+experience pretty much correct.

I do agree things wen't pear shaped at the end.But i agree with you think that was more down to the total breakdown of a working relationship (and a personal one) with the Chairman.

I also think he didn't fancy cutting his wages in half and was probably confident he would get offered a job down south with Levein or in his own right.

20/10/2014 1:10 am  #28

Love Houstie, he gave us that day back In 2010 .

Levein turned the club around, him and cathro rejuvenated our youth system. Gauldy, Johnny and Goodie, there's 6 million pound of talent that will keep the club alive or years (Andy Robbo wasn't youth system), plus not to mention: Amo, John Souttar, Ryan Dow, Scott Smith while improving our scouting system (Andy Robbo, Connolly, Telfer, Spittal, Nadir, Conway, Swanno, jimmy, prince, GMS) all plucked from obscurity who have done a lot for the club and some hopefully good youngsters that will do well and keep the club going for years. Well done CL. Well done Houstie for counting It. Hopefully Jackie keeps doing the same.

Hibs are releasing Liam Craig and Scott Robertson I heard tonight off a Hibees mate, I'd take them.

Last edited by RogerTheAlien (20/10/2014 1:10 am)

20/10/2014 9:30 am  #29

stobievulture wrote:

huntedbyafreak wrote:

Hope so. I think Jackie has a wee bit of arrogance and stubborness about him which I think could be his outdoing as a manager and will possibly stop him getting a bigger move to a bigger club tbh

totally agree with this...i would love him to stay for the forseeable..years even.. but this stubborness to keep the same formation is driving me potty ...not a fucking soul within 50 yards at times going doon the left hand side shooting towards the ET yesterday...was tearing my fucking hair out... nae wonder i'm going gary capaldi

Totally agree we this.

His unwillingness to alter things will come back to bite him and the team right on the erse.

Love Paton and Rankin but in certain gemes they need to be split up. We don't need 2 holding players of their ilk at times, especially at home and especially when we're chasing a geme.

A Telfer or dare I say it, Souttar would be great in there along side Ranks or Paton. It would bring in the much needed creativity imo.

Last edited by Silver (20/10/2014 9:36 am)

20/10/2014 9:54 am  #30

agree silver mate, i was aboot greeting on saturday, does nae cunt on the park see what we see at times, take the game by the scruff of the neck and get people moving into space...aye dillon disna get forward but he gives us that soldility doon the left, but why at times did GMS no float over just before we've got the ball back and totally stretch teams when breaking

we did it v Dundee at dens...sorry to keep harping on at shifty but its like the rest oh the team play like they've fell oot with him or he with them... the way they celebrate goals suggest thats total pish but beh christ it looks like it at times

21/10/2014 1:23 am  #31

May 17th Scottish cup final day, that cunt and his unwillingness to use his brain and change his tactics cost us the cup final.

23/10/2014 6:24 pm  #32

We need a plan B . When plan A isn't working , like any match versus the farmers fae perth last season JMac needs to change it .

10 and counting!

16/12/2014 1:31 am  #33

Darren0502 wrote:

We need a plan B . When plan A isn't working , like any match versus the farmers fae perth last season JMac needs to change it .

More than anything ^^^^ THIS.

New left back and Centre forward are only gonna add to the squad if

1.They are actually any good i.e not a (Marcus Tornstrand,Rory Boulding or Kudus Oyenuga).
2.Are ready to play first team fitba IMMEDIATELY i.e. (have the relevant experience and fitness levels)

and

3.Are a wee bit different to what we have already.

Jackie really needs to 'mix it up' a bit if were to go forward.For all the talent we have in the squad were very predictable.Always the same formation and has 5 or 6 'favourites' who always play regardless of form/attitude (Rado,Fojut,Paton,Armstrong,Ciftci).

4.Couple of players who are leaders/winners.

Board footera