Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

09/12/2014 11:02 pm  #51

Re: charlie telfer

Very good point about Scott Allan, I'd never thought of it that way.

09/12/2014 11:09 pm  #52

TEK wrote:

He was with them two years.

They're a new club.

That is an indesputable fact.

Fucking shameful that the media+authorities kow tow round this simple fact.

We've been shafted and whether Tony Higgins is a nice guy or not that's twice he has sat on a panel that have fucked us over.

Another example, for me, where they can have the benefit of their history as long as they accept the total debt their history incurred.

Or, they can start afresh and go down exactly the same route.

09/12/2014 11:52 pm  #53

TEK wrote:

He was with them two years.

They're a new club.

That is an indesputable fact.

Fucking shameful that the media+authorities kow tow round this simple fact.

We've been shafted and whether Tony Higgins is a nice guy or not that's twice he has sat on a panel that have fucked us over.

I know their a new club, DUFC didn't argue that point though.

If anyone thinks ST wasn't prepared to pay that level of fee when he signed the boy then I think they're wrong. He tried to save the club money, rightly so, but knew the risks and wouldn't have signed him if he wasn't prepared to pay the possible level of fee a tribunal could give.

When you look at other tribunal fees over the years, I don't think it's that bad, certainly not fucked over.

09/12/2014 11:57 pm  #54

As one of my twitter followers said earlier on,if Telfer went fae say Alloa to St.Mirren what do you think the fee would have been?

10/12/2014 12:00 am  #55

St Mirren wouldn't have offered 100k tho

10/12/2014 12:07 am  #56

The Shed wrote:

No too bothered by it TBH, think it's a decent bit of business, when you consider we got 400k for Scott Allan, who had played a bit more and for Scotland 21s it's not far off being right, and forget the vat money it's irrelevant in the long run.

Scott Allan had a year left on his contract when we offered him another one. Telfer had about 2 minutes left on his contract when they offered him another one, and they only did that because they got wind he was going to sign for us. There is a world of difference between the two situations.

We've been royally shafted. Again.

Too much commotion

10/12/2014 12:15 am  #57

Can't help but think if this had been the other way round, loads of folk would be moaning the fee wasn't enough.

Whatever anyone's thoughts on the tribunal, Telfer or 170k, I know which I'd rather have at Tannadice.

10/12/2014 12:44 pm  #58

Sell him for 2 million In a couple of years, fuck them right over.

Board footera