Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

27/4/2024 8:10 am  #26

Re: Airdrie Vs Utd - Friday 26th April (7.45pm)

A performance that looked like they had spent the week on the piss.

Walton 9
Thomson 2
McClelland 3
Graham  6
Mcmann 4
Sibbald 2
Mochrie 1
Tilson 2
Wotherspoon 3
Middleton 2
Watt 2
Fotheringham 0. 5
Moult 3
Mcleod 4
Grimshaw 3

Hopefully something resembling a bit of effort for next week's trophy presentation.

Last edited by Stillliving (27/4/2024 8:10 am)

27/4/2024 8:22 am  #27

Sorry to put a separate post on aboot this Tek, but dinna think we got a coarner ?

27/4/2024 9:42 am  #28

Airdrie played us off the pitch last night, the right back was impressive for them. They played some good football. Jack Walton made 4 brilliant saves.

Who cares cause the shed finally officially done it, absolutely buzzing.

It’s times to keep enjoying the party this week.

After Partick, time to release many.

27/4/2024 11:11 am  #29

thats the last 2 games JG hasnt been able to cope with the Airdrie Shape and tactics

but most worry of all, he hasnt had a clue how to change it during the game when its clearly not working.

There is no pattern of play to get us playing. All he's done is got us playing long balls to 2 strikers, I could do that ffs. Worked this season but no way that will work next.

27/4/2024 12:47 pm  #30

If the players are going to party every weekend until the end if the season it's a bit fucking alarming that JG can't reign them in and say right lads,let's keep it professional and wait until the trophy is lifted then the party can start. That performance last night was an absolute embarrassment to the club, wear that fucking shirt with pride or don't wear it at all. Airdrie had so much space last night it was bordering on ridiculous.  I can't really fault the defence at all tbh and the keeper was outstanding but the rest were a disgrace. We've won the 2nd tier trophy and promotion which is brilliant but the partying by the players is OTT and they need to get their heads back down from the clouds and put on a performance next week before they lift the trophy. The fans deserve that. Talking of fans,let's not make a fool of ourselves and invade the pitch for a third game running,party in the stands and the pubs instead!

27/4/2024 12:49 pm  #31

Billy_Hainey wrote:

Sorry to put a separate post on aboot this Tek, but dinna think we got a coarner ?

We didn't mate,fucking disgrace.

27/4/2024 1:02 pm  #32

BMT wrote:

Tek wrote:

Snacks94 wrote:

Not good enough and concerning that we were so slack and uninterested- regardless of having won the league.

Eight of the starting XI are out of contract after next Friday. Ten out of contract players played played tonight in total.

Players post-match talking about 'partying' again.

Is it just me who thinks this is overkill now? They have 6 weeks to rip the arse out of it.

Hard weeks training and intention on putting on a performance worthy of Champions vs Thistle on Trophy night should be the focus.

Kinda speaks volumes for me about some players attitudes. The top players party when the job is done. Fully done.

This is spot on. Disrespectful to all the brilliant supporters who have paid good money all season travelling to support the team.

the support last night in the stands was magnificent nobody really gave a fuck about the game it was all about winning the title

27/4/2024 3:32 pm  #33

dufc2019 wrote:

BMT wrote:

Tek wrote:

Eight of the starting XI are out of contract after next Friday. Ten out of contract players played played tonight in total.

Is it just me who thinks this is overkill now? They have 6 weeks to rip the arse out of it.

Hard weeks training and intention on putting on a performance worthy of Champions vs Thistle on Trophy night should be the focus.

Kinda speaks volumes for me about some players attitudes. The top players party when the job is done. Fully done.

This is spot on. Disrespectful to all the brilliant supporters who have paid good money all season travelling to support the team.

the support last night in the stands was magnificent nobody really gave a fuck about the game it was all about winning the title

I was caring about the fame, that's why I went.  In the car and on the way home by the time the pitch invasion started

27/4/2024 3:41 pm  #34

BMT wrote:

Tek wrote:

Snacks94 wrote:

Not good enough and concerning that we were so slack and uninterested- regardless of having won the league.

they were out Saturday and Sunday plenty of time to recover

27/4/2024 4:37 pm  #35

dufc2019 wrote:

BMT wrote:

Tek wrote:

If you think that performance last night was acceptable thats up to you. For me the fans that have turned up week after week paying there hard earned money deserve more than a piss poor performance because they can’t be bothered as they have had a few nights on the piss. Not even a corner for ffs.

27/4/2024 5:03 pm  #36

BMT wrote:

dufc2019 wrote:

BMT wrote:

If you think that performance last night was acceptable thats up to you. For me the fans that have turned up week after week paying there hard earned money deserve more than a piss poor performance because they can’t be bothered as they have had a few nights on the piss. Not even a corner for ffs.

of course not but IMO your blaming the wrong thing

27/4/2024 6:24 pm  #37

The lads who turned up at Station Park to play Forfar in a testimonial game on 15th May 1983, having not been to their beds and most of them still blootered, put in a more professional performance than that yesterday.

Aye, the title was in the bag and the result didn't really matter. But to offer that shite in front of yet another huge and very vocal travelling support was not acceptable.

Jim Goodwin knows that keeping his job depends on what we do over the first half of next season. He has made tough decisions already and I don't see him handing out contract offers to lads who he does not think he can rely on to put in a regular Premiership-quality performance.

28/4/2024 4:43 am  #38

Canadian Arab wrote:

The lads who turned up at Station Park to play Forfar in a testimonial game on 15th May 1983, having not been to their beds and most of them still blootered, put in a more professional performance than that yesterday.

Aye, the title was in the bag and the result didn't really matter. But to offer that shite in front of yet another huge and very vocal travelling support was not acceptable.

Jim Goodwin knows that keeping his job depends on what we do over the first half of next season. He has made tough decisions already and I don't see him handing out contract offers to lads who he does not think he can rely on to put in a regular Premiership-quality performance.

From someone who was there, it was close, very close, one United player threw up at the side of the pitch and others were clearly still half pissed.
Great times.

28/4/2024 7:56 am  #39

Job done with the point, champions with a decent points total, lots of goals and very few conceded.

I haven't ever been to a game like it in my life where most of the fans there at Broomfield couldn't give a shit about the performance as others on here have quite rightly highlighted how poor it was. The party was in full swing especially in the first half, couple of old classics getting belted out from the crowd.

As the game wore on we were clearly miles off it and it slightly improved in the second half.

It's job done though and that's what we all wanted at the start of the season.

Please though, no more running on to the pitch, let the players and the management team do a lap and thank our fans who have been magnificent again this season.

28/4/2024 8:45 am  #40

CCX2 2010 wrote:

Job done with the point, champions with a decent points total, lots of goals and very few conceded.

I haven't ever been to a game like it in my life where most of the fans there at Broomfield couldn't give a shit about the performance as others on here have quite rightly highlighted how poor it was. The party was in full swing especially in the first half, couple of old classics getting belted out from the crowd.

As the game wore on we were clearly miles off it and it slightly improved in the second half.

Please though, no more running on to the pitch, let the players and the management team do a lap and thank our fans who have been magnificent again this season.

no excuse to go onto the pitch now

28/4/2024 9:53 am  #41

dufc2019 wrote:

CCX2 2010 wrote:

no excuse to go onto the pitch now

Personally I never understood Friday's pitch invasion but each to their own.

Friday against Thistle will hopefully be the last time we are down here, the players should be looking to finish this season in style in front of another large home crowd and its on TV.

Moult needs one more to break the 20 goal mark, young Rory looked lively when he came on also.

28/4/2024 7:36 pm  #42

Shedtastic wrote:

From someone who was there, it was close, very close, one United player threw up at the side of the pitch and others were clearly still half pissed.
Great times.

I was there too. Even if you turned up sober, by the end of the afternoon you would have inhaled enough alcohol from the fumes coming off our team and most of the United crowd to be over the limit for driving home!

29/4/2024 9:10 am  #43

Re the pitch invasion - its not for me but if others want to do it then fine.

However some of what I witnessed was a bit of a minter - running over to the Airdrie fans and goading them, throwing bits of the BBC teams equipment about.  Seems to be a real lack of respect from a lot of people at the moment for some reason.

Hope there is not another one on Friday and the team can stay on the pitch to get the trophy and celebrate.

29/4/2024 11:44 pm  #44

SlatefordArab wrote:

However some of what I witnessed was a bit of a minter - running over to the Airdrie fans and goading them, throwing bits of the BBC teams equipment about.  Seems to be a real lack of respect from a lot of people at the moment for some reason.

Hope there is not another one on Friday and the team can stay on the pitch to get the trophy and celebrate.

Good post.

I strongly defended the pitch invasion at Tannadice after the Ayr match and could understand the jubilation that day.

But Friday was absolutely embarrassing. I'm not having a pop btw at the people who ran on to the pitch with their kids and just wanted a selfie etc. But there was a significant number of fans who went directly to the Airdrie end looking for trouble.

To then try and destroy their goalposts was very poor stuff, particularly after they showed us respect by giving us a guard of honour. The BBC stuff was ott as well. That lassie Leanne Chricton sounded pretty shaken by it all.

If another set-of supporters came to Tannadice and acted like that we'd be calling them scum etc etc. 

30/4/2024 9:23 pm  #45

Tek wrote:

SlatefordArab wrote:

Good post.

I strongly defended the pitch invasion at Tannadice after the Ayr match and could understand the jubilation that day.

But Friday was absolutely embarrassing. I'm not having a pop btw at the people who ran on to the pitch with their kids and just wanted a selfie etc. But there was a significant number of fans who went directly to the Airdrie end looking for trouble.

To then try and destroy their goalposts was very poor stuff, particularly after they showed us respect by giving us a guard of honour. The BBC stuff was ott as well. That lassie Leanne Chricton sounded pretty shaken by it all.

If another set-of supporters came to Tannadice and acted like that we'd be calling them scum etc etc. 

Totally agree, it was embarrassing actions by a minority. 

01/5/2024 12:09 am  #46

kdyteejay wrote:

Tek wrote:

SlatefordArab wrote:

Good post.

Totally agree, it was embarrassing actions by a minority. 

Me too, testosterone, stupeed laddies

01/5/2024 8:54 am  #47

What happens when some boys think it is a good idea to get coked up for a football game.  Beyond embarrassing for me.  It is not OK, but I follow rules.

Board footera