Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

06/5/2024 7:18 pm  #76

Re: Summer transfer window 2024

Killie and Dundee offering Bruce Anderson a deal. Wouldn’t of minded united going for him.

06/5/2024 8:25 pm  #77

RogerTheAlien wrote:

Killie and Dundee offering Bruce Anderson a deal. Wouldn’t of minded united going for him.

Both Anderson and Murray's best days are behind them, it's a no from me.

Sadat and Grieve will both be leaving the club with Watt and Moult looking like they will be staying.

The two coming in need to ge young, energetic, quick and a bit of an unknown gor me.

I want something a bit different, Cfiti or Sfranko type that gets my arse off the seat.

06/5/2024 8:34 pm  #78

Paton at Queens Park should be on our radar, good scoring record in a team that just avoided the playoffs, if we're gonna take a punt, it should be on someone like him.

"Don't F*cking ever offer me that again!"

06/5/2024 8:59 pm  #79

CCX2 2010 wrote:

RogerTheAlien wrote:

Sadat and Grieve will both be leaving the club with Watt and Moult looking like they will be staying.

The two coming in need to ge young, energetic, quick and a bit of an unknown gor me.

I want something a bit different, Cfiti or Sfranko type that gets my arse off the seat.

Anderson is 25 years old

06/5/2024 9:54 pm  #80

dufc2019 wrote:

CCX2 2010 wrote:

RogerTheAlien wrote:

Anderson is 25 years old

🤣 I should have googled that before I typed it.

You know what I mean though been about for a while🤣

07/5/2024 1:16 pm  #81

Kevin Nisbet’s been bombed out at Millwall.

Think he’s an absolute knob, but undoubtedly a good striker at this level.

07/5/2024 6:24 pm  #82

Tek wrote:

Rumour that we want Alex Gogic.

Be very happy with that signing.

Rated him since his days at Accies.

Signed a new contract at St Mirren so can put that one to bed.

07/5/2024 11:28 pm  #83

KdyArab wrote:

Tek wrote:

Rumour that we want Alex Gogic.

Be very happy with that signing.

Rated him since his days at Accies.

Signed a new contract at St Mirren so can put that one to bed.

Good business for the Buddies. Type of player we should have recruited years ago.

10/5/2024 12:01 am  #84

Last edited by JerryDungle (10/5/2024 12:09 am)

10/5/2024 1:42 am  #85

JerryDungle wrote:

?

10/5/2024 10:23 am  #86

Tek wrote:

JerryDungle wrote:

?

Are we signing the riddler?

10/5/2024 12:08 pm  #87

Alan Temple of The Courier rubbishing reports we were looking at Paul Hanson released by Hibs.

10/5/2024 7:31 pm  #88

Regan Charles-Cook being mentioned on mad. Ex county boy.

10/5/2024 7:55 pm  #89

RogerTheAlien wrote:

Regan Charles-Cook being mentioned on mad. Ex county boy.

He was very good at County as I recall.

However is he not playing over in Belgium just now so I guess it depends on how much his club would want before getting to suscussing personal terms.

Wonder what he is on a week over there.

10/5/2024 9:03 pm  #90

Charlie telfer has grown in to a excellent centre midfielder

11/5/2024 8:48 am  #91

SuperMario wrote:

airdrie have a good manager that knows how to get a team playing good football

11/5/2024 8:59 am  #92

SuperMario wrote:

Aye he’s looked very good this year with Airdrie.  Funny how him and Cammy Ballantyne - two players who were deemed not good enough for United - have been integral parts of a team who have arguably played much better football than us at times this year.

First time we played Airdrie at Tannadice, they bored the shit out of me, passing the ba about at the back from side to side, but the other three times we’ve played them they’ve looked very good.

11/5/2024 9:12 am  #93

SlatefordArab wrote:

SuperMario wrote:

Aye he’s looked very good this year with Airdrie. Funny how him and Cammy Ballantyne - two players who were deemed not good enough for United - have been integral parts of a team who have arguably played much better football than us at times this year.

First time we played Airdrie at Tannadice, they bored the shit out of me, passing the ba about at the back from side to side, but the other three times we’ve played them they’ve looked very good.

Seems weird to say this after winning the league, but i think Airdrie have a better manager then us.

11/5/2024 10:25 am  #94

dufc2019 wrote:

SuperMario wrote:

airdrie have a good manager that knows how to get a team playing good football

A lot of good it's done them

11/5/2024 12:48 pm  #95

dufc2019 wrote:

SlatefordArab wrote:

SuperMario wrote:

Aye he’s looked very good this year with Airdrie. Funny how him and Cammy Ballantyne - two players who were deemed not good enough for United - have been integral parts of a team who have arguably played much better football than us at times this year.

Seems weird to say this after winning the league, but i think Airdrie have a better manager then us.

Absolutely do not want Goodwin to go however if he did at some stage he’s who I would be going after !

11/5/2024 11:37 pm  #96

Christ, we've done exactly what Goodwin said and exactly how he said he was going to do it.
Yes we did have hiccups. Who would have bet against that at start of season.
Yet some on here not backing him, and particularly pointing at Dunfermline debacle.
It happens, get over it, get real, get behind him 100%.
Put a damper on revolving door.

12/5/2024 9:50 am  #97

Shakey Isles Arab wrote:

Christ, we've done exactly what Goodwin said and exactly how he said he was going to do it.
Yet some on here not backing him, and particularly pointing at Dunfermline debacle.

i'd say after that Dunfermline game 80-90% of the support wanted him sacked. Before the last Raith game there was a lot of doom and gloom with most not thinking we would beat them.

I'd say JG has almost no credit in the bank and the first sticyk patch we have the fans will turn on him.

12/5/2024 12:24 pm  #98

I think Jim has a lot to still to do to oprove that he is the man for the job. Everyone who sat and watched Utd during the hiccup and witnessed the same slow pedestrian football and the like for like substituting whilst calling out for a change were quite right to question if he was the man for the job and only with the forced changes due to the injuries to the first choice centre half pairing did performances improve.

12/5/2024 12:33 pm  #99

Dutch centre back in talks according to reliable poster on Mad

12/5/2024 3:22 pm  #100

dufc2019 wrote:

Shakey Isles Arab wrote:

i'd say after that Dunfermline game 80-90% of the support wanted him sacked. Before the last Raith game there was a lot of doom and gloom with most not thinking we would beat them.

I'd say JG has almost no credit in the bank and the first sticyk patch we have the fans will turn on him.

You are right, some fans just can't take to him and will be like a coiled spring, waiting on a bad run of form but they got it wrong this season and some people don't like being incorrect.

To say he has no credit in the bank is wide of the mark unless you blame him for the relegation debacle.  I don't blame him and can't for the life in me understand why anyone would. Like many others I was there, I watched them, I heard 100% of fans saying we were down after County put 4 by us. That team just didn't have the balls for a fight, they absolutely shat it when it came to a battle after the split.

As Shaky said we need to get behind him and going by season ticket sales we are again supporting the club massively again.

I am again impressed by Goodwins ruthlessness with the amount of players we let go and expect further guys to be told they are free to go ( Gallagher & Grimshaw).

The feeling of impending doom before the Raith match also had a lot to do with injuries to key personnel which I felt also.

Onwards and upwards.

Board footera