Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

05/5/2024 8:57 am  #51

Re: Summer transfer window 2024

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE UNDERESTIMATE LOUIS MOULT.

Had he not been here we wouldn't be where we are now.
He is a consummate professional & I would give him a 5-yr contract. Ok 3.
He is my Player of the Year and putting him ahead of Craig Sibbald only shows how highly I rate him.
He is also a gentleman, has a great brain, experience in spades, and he surely makes the changing room a happy place.

Did you see him on Friday just after slipping that delicious ball through for Fotheringham to score?
I noticed him stand there for a second to congratulate himself cos he was pained by his penalty miss 3 minutes earlier.
Then he ran over to join the goal celebration.
Next he finds himself taking his 2nd penalty & as he stood over the ball I was feeling more pressure than he did.
Was he going to suffer the the embarrassment of two missed pens & miss out on 20 goals?
Top left corner, no f'n chance.

I love LOUIS MOULT. (In case you were in any doubt) 

05/5/2024 9:23 am  #52

United Arab Emarite wrote:

He is my Player of the Year and putting him ahead of Craig Sibbald only shows how highly I rate him.
He is also a gentleman, has a great brain, experience in spades, and he surely makes the changing room a happy place.

Did you see him on Friday just after slipping that delicious ball through for Fotheringham to score?
I noticed him stand there for a second to congratulate himself cos he was pained by his penalty miss 3 minutes earlier.
Next he finds himself taking his 2nd penalty & as he stood over the ball I was feeling more pressure than he did.
Was he going to suffer the the embarrassment of two missed pens & miss out on 20 goals?

Great post and totally agree. Absolutely love his rapport with the crowd too,fuckin loved his celebrations. On top of that,20 goal strikers are not easy to find and he has previously played at Premiership level too. Get him signed up!

05/5/2024 9:44 am  #53

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Great post and totally agree. Absolutely love his rapport with the crowd too,fuckin loved his celebrations. On top of that,20 goal strikers are not easy to find and he has previously played at Premiership level too. Get him signed up!

aye 20 in the championship. slow as a week in the Jail as is Watt, we  should be looking for better

05/5/2024 9:55 am  #54

dufc2019 wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

aye 20 in the championship. slow as a week in the Jail as is Watt, we  should be looking for better

Yeah let's get some big names on top money instead 👍 did the trick last time right enough 🤔

05/5/2024 10:14 am  #55

Arabdownsouth wrote:

dufc2019 wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Yeah let's get some big names on top money instead 👍 did the trick last time right enough 🤔

head of recruitment based in England, worked in England i expect a lot of signing that have never played in Scotland

05/5/2024 11:08 am  #56

dufc2019 wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

dufc2019 wrote:

head of recruitment based in England, worked in England i expect a lot of signing that have never played in Scotland

Cool,let's get another Birighitti while we're at it. I'm not saying we don't need new players,of course we do but there are people amongst our support spunking themselves over Simon Murray ffs. Murray is scoring goals at Premiership level and I fully expect Moult to do the same.

05/5/2024 2:07 pm  #57

Just watched Tony Watts blog and he mentions whilst travelling up with Holt and Docherty that his commute will be different next season as someone them are moving up closer to Dundee.

For Docherty in particular, he is someone I think can make the step up. Never had injuries until he joined us but a 90 minute drive then jumping out a car and then travelling home again, that can't be good for the old joints and bones.

I hope he gives this everything he has next season and staying locally will only help I think, I also feel its important for our 3 Derby games that he knows just how important they are to us.  I am sure he does know but staying in the city can only magnify it.

Two players that I like are Gogic (mentioned above) and the boy Armstrong at Killie who tore us a new one a few times last season.

05/5/2024 2:29 pm  #58

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Cool,let's get another Birighitti while we're at it. I'm not saying we don't need new players,of course we do but there are people amongst our support spunking themselves over Simon Murray ffs. Murray is scoring goals at Premiership level and I fully expect Moult to do the same.

C'mon, no one is 'spunking themselves' over Simon Murray.

But he is free this Summer, lives in Dundee and wanted to come to United in January.

Given he has pace, experience of the league (and our club) and can score goals.

It seems a bit of a no brainer to sign him.

05/5/2024 4:08 pm  #59

Would like to see us attempt to sign Scott Fraser, out of contract and lives in Dundee so there’s no problems in logistics like Ross Docherty etc.

05/5/2024 5:20 pm  #60

Cudjoe has been told he won't be offered a new contract.

Apparently.

05/5/2024 5:34 pm  #61

Tek wrote:

Apparently.

Not a total surprise if true.

You have to wonder what that means for Mochrie and Meekinson given they are older, although they have featured more often.

05/5/2024 6:21 pm  #62

Tek wrote:

Apparently.

Good news, boy played like a headless chicken.

Wish him the very best all the same.

05/5/2024 7:08 pm  #63

Lancashire-Arab wrote:

Tek wrote:

Apparently.

Not a total surprise if true.

You have to wonder what that means for Mochrie and Meekinson given they are older, although they have featured more often.

well Mochrie did recently, pretty telling meekison never got on last few weeks

05/5/2024 7:39 pm  #64

CCX2 2010 wrote:

Tek wrote:

Apparently.

Played really well on Friday from what I saw,certainly not a headless chicken anyway.

05/5/2024 8:38 pm  #65

Arabdownsouth wrote:

CCX2 2010 wrote:

Tek wrote:

Apparently.

Played really well on Friday from what I saw,certainly not a headless chicken anyway.

Agreed. Actually thought he looks much more a threat than our other Academy players.

05/5/2024 8:54 pm  #66

Tek wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

CCX2 2010 wrote:

Agreed. Actually thought he looks much more a threat than our other Academy players.

Just too small if anything.

05/5/2024 9:19 pm  #67

Arabdownsouth wrote:

CCX2 2010 wrote:

Tek wrote:

Apparently.

He was very good when he came on last Friday.

Other games he has played well was Dunfermline home and away, in both he more than played his part.

That said I've seen plenty of him to make my mind up over the season, drifts in and out of the game. Other games at times I think he would end up in the allotments if we opened the gates.

Best of luck to the young man.

05/5/2024 9:25 pm  #68

Tek wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

CCX2 2010 wrote:

I agree with that also, seen enough of most of them also, time to get ruthless.

What do I know though, a few months ago I would packed big Grahams bags for him. That boy has made me and others certainly eat our words.

If rumours of a three year deal are true then hopefully we see more progress from the young CH.

Of the other graduates I think Thomson is very exciting, decent chance with that boy.

McLeod still only 18 and he will get opportunities in the next few years.

05/5/2024 10:06 pm  #69

Tony Watt was saying on his vlog that a few lads have indicated they're moving on, so expecting news soon. Each and every one of them deserves our thanks and best wishes.

05/5/2024 10:37 pm  #70

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Tony Watt was saying on his vlog that a few lads have indicated they're moving on, so expecting news soon. Each and every one of them deserves our thanks and best wishes.

No thanks. Time to release the deadwood.

05/5/2024 10:48 pm  #71

RogerTheAlien wrote:

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Nah, for once i'm with AU.

Some of these lads like Glass and Meekison have been at Utd for years and have gave their all, they've just came up a bit short.

They deserve our thanks for their efforts.

05/5/2024 10:54 pm  #72

Tek wrote:

RogerTheAlien wrote:

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Some of these lads like Glass and Meekison have been at Utd for years and have gave their all, they've just came up a bit short.

Well said.

Some just haven't come on as much as we would have hoped.

Best of luck to all of them, they have all played their part in some way this season.

With the exception of the Blunder from down under😀

05/5/2024 11:03 pm  #73

Tek wrote:

RogerTheAlien wrote:

AlwaysUnited wrote:

They were part of a poor youth academy that drastically needs sorted. Declan glass should be the one thanking united for the amount of opportunities he got.

There are a fair few that deserve a good luck and thanks, not them all though imo. Not that i want to sound harsh but some have been a lot more important.

I’d say Tillson deserves a cya and all the best but not everyone would agree.

Last edited by RogerTheAlien (05/5/2024 11:23 pm)

06/5/2024 2:35 am  #74

I'll wish anyone that leaves us all the best in their careers unless they end up a rival, or a club that have taken issue with us over the Hearts ridiculous covid court case.

In some way they've all contributed this season so I can thank them for that, beyond that i'm not arsed.

"Don't F*cking ever offer me that again!"

06/5/2024 8:25 am  #75

RogerTheAlien wrote:

Tek wrote:

RogerTheAlien wrote:

They were part of a poor youth academy that drastically needs sorted. Declan glass should be the one thanking united for the amount of opportunities he got.

There are a fair few that deserve a good luck and thanks, not them all though imo. Not that i want to sound harsh but some have been a lot more important.

I’d say Tillson deserves a cya and all the best but not everyone would agree.

Glass is 24 next month, time to move on for his own sake

Board footera