Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

31/7/2024 8:34 pm  #526

Re: Summer transfer window 2024

Rocky Raccoon wrote:

lifesanocean wrote:

Winger and a loan right back still to come as far as I'm aware.

A right back on loan who knows the city and has played in Scotland.  . . . . . . Imagine the outrage from the wee team.

Is this some coded message?

01/8/2024 7:07 am  #527

Did anyone else see a tweet from some united fans account naming the loan RWB as Cameron Zekou. French U21 at Guingamp B.
I can’t find it now but saw him post a cryptic message on Tuesday saying a signing was imminent then yesterday, named this guy

01/8/2024 8:06 am  #528

Aberdeen Arab wrote:

Did anyone else see a tweet from some united fans account naming the loan RWB as Cameron Zekou. French U21 at Guingamp B.
I can’t find it now but saw him post a cryptic message on Tuesday saying a signing was imminent then yesterday, named this guy

There was a boy playing in the B-team the other night called Zeke Cameron. I’d imagine there’s been some sort of mixup.

01/8/2024 9:00 am  #529

David_Blunkett wrote:

That's what I heard.

We might churn one out today or tomorrow though.

Thanks for spreading the word.

01/8/2024 10:42 am  #530

Rocky Raccoon wrote:

lifesanocean wrote:

Winger and a loan right back still to come as far as I'm aware.

A right back on loan who knows the city and has played in Scotland.  . . . . . . Imagine the outrage from the wee team.

Mare cryptic than the pyramids of Giza. Did this right back play for any particular club whilst in Scotland?

01/8/2024 10:47 am  #531

It was not a hint, i was just nodding towards the seethe from the wee team if we attempted to sign Beck on loan.

01/8/2024 10:53 am  #532

Rocky Raccoon wrote:

It was not a hint, i was just nodding towards the seethe from the wee team if we attempted to sign Beck on loan.

Yeah, Beck's a left back.

01/8/2024 11:13 am  #533

Arab87 wrote:

Rocky Raccoon wrote:

Never seen the lad play, I thought he was a right back for some reason.

01/8/2024 1:30 pm  #534

Arab87 wrote:

Rocky Raccoon wrote:

Pity, he would be a gouda pick up.

01/8/2024 3:47 pm  #535

Hen Broon wrote:

Arab87 wrote:

Rocky Raccoon wrote:

Pity, he would be a gouda pick up.

Yeah, it grates on you that we can't get him.

01/8/2024 4:42 pm  #536

Please,please,please can we sign someone soon? Anyone please? 🙉

02/8/2024 10:23 am  #537

02/8/2024 4:59 pm  #538

Heard good things about him. 

02/8/2024 6:52 pm  #539

Tek wrote:

Heard good things about him. 

6 clubs fighting over him,hopefully he gets a nod from his dad, show him your winners medal Danny!

03/8/2024 2:24 pm  #540

03/8/2024 2:33 pm  #541

Hopefully he's good,hopefully cleared in time for a spot on the bench tomorrow?

Welcome to the club Meshack 🧡🖤🧡

Last edited by Arabdownsouth (03/8/2024 2:34 pm)

03/8/2024 5:23 pm  #542

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Hopefully he's good,hopefully cleared in time for a spot on the bench tomorrow?

Welcome to the club Meshack 🧡🖤🧡

Won't be registered in time according to Alan Temple.

04/8/2024 1:18 am  #543

Watched Ubochioma's, Youtube videos.

Looks a good attacking winger and i like having a left footed player in the team to give us a bit of balance. Looks like he likes to cut inside and shoot (a bit like Trapanovski). Looks like he also plays Left wing at times.

My only concern is (a bit like Trapanovski) that his style of play is sussed out. Can either also adapt and be 'byline wingers' when they need to be? He also seems very one footed. Something quite common in left footers i've noticed over the years.

But i do like the look of him. I can see what Goodwin is trying to do at the very least and it is good to see the balance of the team getting serious consideration in this recruitment window. Something i think we have lacked.

Two more needed. Centre Half and Striker. Both need to have pace.

A loanee Right Back too if the budget extends to it. The departures of MacLeod and Watt may help in that regard.

04/8/2024 7:31 am  #544

Tek wrote:

Looks a good attacking winger and i like having a left footed player in the team to give us a bit of balance. Looks like he likes to cut inside and shoot (a bit like Trapanovski). Looks like he also plays Left wing at times.

My only concern is (a bit like Trapanovski) that his style of play is sussed out. Can either also adapt and be 'byline wingers' when they need to be? He also seems very one footed. Something quite common in left footers i've noticed over the years.

But i do like the look of him. I can see what Goodwin is trying to do at the very least and it is good to see the balance of the team getting serious consideration in this recruitment window. Something i think we have lacked.

A loanee Right Back too if the budget extends to it. The departures of MacLeod and Watt may help in that regard.

Near enough all left footers are completely hopeless with their right. It’s strange how it doesn’t work the other way as much, but that’s a known thing in football that lefties right foot’s are just for standing on.

I would agree with the other positions. I’d personally like two centre halves and just push Sevelj permanently into midfield and see what he can do there.

Got to give Goodwin and Cairney credit for clearly having targets identified that fit the way they want to play rather than just big names, and also for getting the bulk of them in before the league starts.

It is exciting having all these unknown foreign quantities in, but it does concern me a wee bit too. We’ve not signed a single Scottish player up to now. I know we still have plenty from last season, but our first choice XI  is gonna be as Un-Scottish as I can ever remember.

In terms of a pacy striker, what about bringing Johnny Russell back? Only a few months away from his MLS contract ending. Would he give up a couple months salary to come back home and have one final swansong at Tannadice. Canna think of many signings other than Gauld that would get as much universal love and acclaim as JR.

Last edited by JerryDungle (04/8/2024 7:31 am)

04/8/2024 9:07 am  #545

JerryDungle wrote:

Tek wrote:

Near enough all left footers are completely hopeless with their right. It’s strange how it doesn’t work the other way as much, but that’s a known thing in football that lefties right foot’s are just for standing on.

I would agree with the other positions. I’d personally like two centre halves and just push Sevelj permanently into midfield and see what he can do there.

Got to give Goodwin and Cairney credit for clearly having targets identified that fit the way they want to play rather than just big names, and also for getting the bulk of them in before the league starts.

It is exciting having all these unknown foreign quantities in, but it does concern me a wee bit too. We’ve not signed a single Scottish player up to now. I know we still have plenty from last season, but our first choice XI is gonna be as Un-Scottish as I can ever remember.

In terms of a pacy striker, what about bringing Johnny Russell back? Only a few months away from his MLS contract ending. Would he give up a couple months salary to come back home and have one final swansong at Tannadice. Canna think of many signings other than Gauld that would get as much universal love and acclaim as JR.

I would love to see Russell back.

04/8/2024 9:09 am  #546

Russell is on 1 million dollars base a year that’ll no happen

04/8/2024 6:04 pm  #547

JerryDungle wrote:

Can attest. Beaut of a left foot, but my right-foot is like a dangling appendage when it comes to kicking and tackling.

04/8/2024 9:19 pm  #548

Still would like a good commanding centre back in, get Ross back to the left.

05/8/2024 10:41 pm  #549

On the topic of adding a central defender, just read that big Sam McCleland ruptured his achilles in the st johnstone game tonight.

Nightmare for him, first game of the season and looking at a long recovery time.

05/8/2024 10:51 pm  #550

kiwiarab wrote:

On the topic of adding a central defender, just read that big Sam McCleland ruptured his achilles in the st johnstone game tonight.

Nightmare for him, first game of the season and looking at a long recovery time.

That's a shame. Really liked the kid. Done us a turn.

Board footera