Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

24/6/2024 12:47 pm  #326

Re: Summer transfer window 2024

David_Blunkett wrote:

If we're assuming Trapanovski gets his permit, then i'd like at least....Keeper, left sided CB, a ball playing midfielder and a Jon Daly type striker.

Work permit been approved, should be in Scotland early this week

24/6/2024 4:32 pm  #327

David_Blunkett wrote:

As posted a bit up the page, Goodwin isn't shy of moving a player on who he deems not good enough and that's a good approach.

Grimshaw mostly was solid, but he was limited, but played his part, so thanks and good luck.

The Morton fans were upset when he left them, it was meant to be a good signing for us, maybe he's just a better player in a team where his main job was to defend, rather than to be on the front foot?

The signing of Strain and the emergence of Miller Thompson who can fill in there if needed, suggests he'd see very little game time anyway.

I just hope he wasn't put on a decent contract, as we might struggle to shift him.

Is Goodwin ruthless ?   yes

Can Goodwin set a team up to play football ?  absolutely  not 

24/6/2024 9:39 pm  #328

Rumour on twitter that Jack Newman to Inverness for a season long loan.

That would be a great move for him.

24/6/2024 10:06 pm  #329

CCX2 2010 wrote:

new no1 incoming shirley?

24/6/2024 10:21 pm  #330

Beardy23 wrote:

CCX2 2010 wrote:

new no1 incoming shirley?

Got to be, top priority for me.

Putting 2 n 2 together and guessing the Luton friendly must be part of some sort of deal that will result in Walton returning.

25/6/2024 8:39 am  #331

Rumour Walton is returning.

25/6/2024 9:15 am  #332

Liverpool are wanting £35 million for their back-up goalkeeper.
RoI goalie who was actually 3rd choice last season.
You could buy five SPFL Prem clubs for £35 million.
A lot of inequality in pro football & I blame Sky Sports.
Who are also responsible for the ruination of the game.
But the fans are going to turn off one day & the pundits will be redundant.

25/6/2024 9:15 am  #333

SuperMario wrote:

If he is he better be good.

25/6/2024 9:36 am  #334

United Arab Emarite wrote:

SuperMario wrote:

?

25/6/2024 10:13 am  #335

Arabdownsouth wrote:

SuperMario wrote:

?

Sorry Ads, I'm not saying he didn't do well last season but for me he remains a bit untested.
And he is/we are going to be tested at the back this season.
I'd be happy with a 6'3" Pole coming in and the three of them (Dave Richards as well) battling it out for the No 1 spot.

25/6/2024 10:48 am  #336

Arabdownsouth wrote:

?

Sorry Ads, I'm not saying he didn't do well last season but for me he remains a bit untested.
I'd be happy with a 6'3" Pole coming in and the three of them (Dave Richards as well) battling it out for the No 1 spot.

Zwick was 6'4" and fucking shite though, I'd rather go with the lad we at least know can handle playing in front of an expectant crowd personally.

25/6/2024 11:39 am  #337

Arabdownsouth wrote:

?

I’m kind of  with you on this

25/6/2024 3:44 pm  #338

Almost done according to Alan Temple, it will be on loan.

25/6/2024 3:54 pm  #339

RogerTheAlien wrote:

Almost done according to Alan Temple, it will be on loan.

There's a boy on twitter claiming he's at St andrews training.

There's a video but terrible quality. Could/could not be him. Steady set of hands in goal. I don't see this move as a risk at all.

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

25/6/2024 4:28 pm  #340

Looks like he'll be given the chance then.
Like every goalie he'll make mistakes, not too many we hope, and it's how he reacts.
Who'd be a goalie anyway?

25/6/2024 5:32 pm  #341

Safe option, will save us more points than he will cost us.

Never again must we sign a keeper just because they fit the correct profile.

25/6/2024 8:08 pm  #342

Walton announced on the official site just now.

25/6/2024 9:12 pm  #343

Brilliant.

V good window so far. Hope Newman can go out and be a regular somewhere.

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

25/6/2024 10:12 pm  #344

Putting together a tasty team & some depth in the squad.
Fingers crossed for one or two more.

25/6/2024 10:42 pm  #345

Here's the link.

If we pick up a point for everything he says obviously then we will be fine🤣

Last edited by Tek (25/6/2024 11:59 pm)

26/6/2024 12:04 am  #346

I'm not totally sold on Walton. He is a decent enough Keeper, don't get me wrong. But he had a good few errors in him last season.

I was kinda hoping we'd look for a better option personally. But he's here now and i wish him all the best and hope he does well of course.

I do agree with what UAE said (for once) he will be tested A LOT more this season. I hope the errors he made last season are limited to less and not amplified given he will have more action at his end of the pitch next season.

26/6/2024 1:59 am  #347

Tek wrote:

I'm not totally sold on Walton. He is a decent enough Keeper, don't get me wrong. But he had a good few errors in him last season.

I was kinda hoping we'd look for a better option personally. But he's here now and i wish him all the best and hope he does well of course.

I do agree with what UAE said (for once) he will be tested A LOT more this season. I hope the errors he made last season are limited to less and not amplified given he will have more action at his end of the pitch next season.

I think it’s better the devil you know considering some of the keepers we’ve gambled on in recent history. Walton’s solid, if unspectacular, but I think he might go up a level with being tested more in Premiership. He never made too many mistakes that cost us goals last season. The ones he did make came more from lapses in concentration than being a poor keeper. It is probably harder spending 89 minutes with your finger up your hoop than if you’re having to make saves regularly throughout the game. I’m happy to see him back.

26/6/2024 3:21 am  #348

JerryDungle wrote:

Tek wrote:

I think it’s better the devil you know considering some of the keepers we’ve gambled on in recent history. Walton’s solid, if unspectacular, but I think he might go up a level with being tested more in Premiership. He never made too many mistakes that cost us goals last season. The ones he did make came more from lapses in concentration than being a poor keeper. It is probably harder spending 89 minutes with your finger up your hoop than if you’re having to make saves regularly throughout the game. I’m happy to see him back.

He cost us a goal in the last game he played for Utd. Besides a couple more.

On the concentration thing. That's a huge part of being a Keeper. Watching the game being played elsewhere and needing to be focused in the moments you are called on.

26/6/2024 3:55 am  #349

Speaking of keepers, Hinchcliffe is the new goalie coach at the sheep. He must have a tremendous agent. Am I right in saying he coached every stinking keeper we’ve had recently? No coincidence either in their play, every one of them was guilty of similar errors—- parrying out shots to strikers rather than holding on to the ball for example. 

It's not where you're from it's where you're at.

26/6/2024 6:26 am  #350

japanarab wrote:

Speaking of keepers, Hinchcliffe is the new goalie coach at the sheep. He must have a tremendous agent. Am I right in saying he coached every stinking keeper we’ve had recently? No coincidence either in their play, every one of them was guilty of similar errors—- parrying out shots to strikers rather than holding on to the ball for example. 

He's been with us for both of our relegation seasons and we had horrific goalkeepers throughout both of his tenures. Hope he has the same run of form with those mutton molesting cunts 🤣🤣

Welcome back Jack Walton btw. Team is starting to take shape and I'm feeling optimistic at this stage .

Board footera