Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/4/2024 12:22 pm  #1

Ayr United tickets

Just a heads up that they are on sale on the club website.

Why are they club asleep at the wheel on the issue of ticket sales?

I genuinely are starting to believe that they dont want a large support at this match and I get a feeling that they could be in for a bit of unrest within our support for the Thistle match if and fingers crossed it a trophy presentation.

It was a pitiful effort from the club at Raith the other week, no billboards advertising the game, nothing really on social media trying to drum up interest. All we had was an update from the club, whilst no doubt on the pan dreading that we sold out the Jerry Kerr. What would they have done after that if the Jim McLean is out of order.

What is the plans for the partick game?  Are Thistle in the Shed?

There should have been a two for one or something to try and pack the place, they could remove the cost of tickets for anybody these matches from new season tickets for next season.

Where is Maurice Malpas or Heggy with a flashcard encouraging fans to buy tickets for these games? Maybe I have just missed it but we are asleep at the wheel

This is meant as positive criticism,  come on we can do better.

10/4/2024 3:08 pm  #2

Re: Ayr United tickets

We could potentially win the league this day, get Ayr fans in the Jerry Kerr and keep the shed for united fans surely.

10/4/2024 8:08 pm  #3

RogerTheAlien wrote:

We could potentially win the league this day, get Ayr fans in the Jerry Kerr and keep the shed for united fans surely.

They had less than 2000 for a home game last night so fuck giving them the shed anyway, has to be packed out with home fans for every home game that's left now

15/4/2024 11:40 am  #4

Still not clear what’s happening with the shed.  I’ve been holding off buying tickets as would prefer to go in the shed if it’s open for Utd fans.

Away tickets showing as sold out https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/tickets/away-club-online-ticket-hub?ftredirect=1,  which can’t be correct

15/4/2024 12:05 pm  #5

shed £10 for adults kids for a fiver, pack it out

15/4/2024 2:02 pm  #6

dufc2019 wrote:

Is that confirmed?

15/4/2024 4:34 pm  #7

dufc5 wrote:

dufc2019 wrote:

Is that confirmed?

just what i would like

15/4/2024 4:49 pm  #8

Jerry Kerr now on sale to United fans so looks like Ayr have the shed for their 100 fans

15/4/2024 4:55 pm  #9

It's completely bizarre and the lack of communication is deafening on this issue from the club.

Why can't you just give the Shed to United fans?

This is a day that many will be looking forward to, hopefully they sell out the Jerry Kerr.

15/4/2024 5:36 pm  #10

United aren't shy of asking for money when they need it, release a 6th strip, range of golf gear, Shed Rule Paddlin' Pool etc

So there must be a good reason why away fans get the shed, or maybe as the Jerry Kerr holds more, we keep that for home fans and we sell it section by section.

So will all the best will in the world Shed holds approx 1800, we then give it to home fans, but give Ayr the Jerry holds approx 2300?

In theory 500 fans could be locked out?

"Don't F*cking ever offer me that again!"

15/4/2024 7:03 pm  #11

As long as every UTD fan who wants to attend Tannadice on Saturday is able to there will be no issue.

15/4/2024 7:08 pm  #12

If Raith dont beat Inverness the demand will be huge

15/4/2024 10:57 pm  #13

It should’ve been sell all tickets for the GF & ET (which is done) then open the shed.

1800 tickets in the shed, if Raith don’t win Friday night i reckon you’d go close to selling out the shed.

16/4/2024 7:51 am  #14

The Federation and Foundation both requested to the club that we kept the ahed for our fans for the Raith game and both were told it couldn't happen due to the stadium operational plan set out at the start of the season.

The club when replying must have forgot that initially they put away fans in the top tier of the fair play stand to get an extra £2 per ticket before moving them to the shed.

16/4/2024 9:02 am  #15

No safety certificate for Jim McLean stand apparently

16/4/2024 4:18 pm  #16

4 days out from the game and without the club really trying to push/promote sales both GF & ES are almost sold out.

2nd batch on sale got Jerry Kerr and this game is heading for a sell out.

If anyone needed any further clarification of bad our club is being run it will be highlighted again on Saturday when we have 1500 tickets that can't sell in the Jim McLean standard over 2000 spare seats in the Shed.

16/4/2024 5:09 pm  #17

Dinna fash yersel, abody will get in.
Where are these extra United fans coming from tell me? Who are they & where have they been all season?
We simply do not have enough fans to occupy 3 sides of the ground.
If you let extra/new fans into the Shed FOR FREE we still wouldn't fill it. That is a fact, the support is finite, we can't invent it.

The attendance without Ayr's couple of hundred (& full credit to them) will be a 'full house' of 10,000 with hundreds of empty seats in the Dode wings, upper & lower, and a smattering of tangerine in the Jerry Kerr.

Everybody will get in, don't worry.

16/4/2024 5:45 pm  #18

United Arab Emarite wrote:

Dinna fash yersel, abody will get in.
Where are these extra United fans coming from tell me? Who are they & where have they been all season?
We simply do not have enough fans to occupy 3 sides of the ground.
If you let extra/new fans into the Shed FOR FREE we still wouldn't fill it. That is a fact, the support is finite, we can't invent it.

The attendance without Ayr's couple of hundred (& full credit to them) will be a 'full house' of 10,000 with hundreds of empty seats in the Dode wings, upper & lower, and a smattering of tangerine in the Jerry Kerr.

Everybody will get in, don't worry.

For the past three or Four seasons we have sold out the three stands and the JK, games against Aalkmar and several times against Dundee.

The GF will sell out before tomorrow would be my guess.

My main gripe here is in my opinion the lack of marketing for the next two fixtures, that possibly will end up with a few extra seats in the JK to justify not getting a safety cert for the fair play stand.

We are either asleep at the wheel in terms of marketing or shitting ourselves of the scenario where we have sold out signs up with thousands of empty seats.

Bear in mind that the club have already had the begging bowl out to the Foundation and asking us to cover the bill for ground maintenance.

Last edited by CCX2 2010 (16/4/2024 5:59 pm)

16/4/2024 5:50 pm  #19

If the Jerry Kerr sells out tomorrow then there WILL be united fans who want to go but cant go

16/4/2024 7:14 pm  #20

This is where the adults who've taken tickets for their kids that they never use or the UFK seasons tickets that go unused needs to be addressed.

Plenty times when the sold out signs are up there's been gaps and loads of empty seats dotted around.

"Don't F*cking ever offer me that again!"

16/4/2024 9:43 pm  #21

PATG ?
Cut the angst, keep it simple.

16/4/2024 10:41 pm  #22

douglas arab wrote:

If the Jerry Kerr sells out tomorrow then there WILL be united fans who want to go but cant go

Only one section released so far, still over 1000 tickets available for Utd fans if needed.  Be amazed if anyone who wants to go misses out.

17/4/2024 9:17 am  #23

Anybody know why the Jim McLean doesn’t have a safety certificate?  Something structurally found wrong or just the club felt it wouldn’t be needed this season and didn’t bother to apply for one?  A cost cutting measure I guess?

Might be wrong but I’m sure there were away fans in it at the first few home games this season?

17/4/2024 11:10 am  #24

Depends when the certificate ran out, we may have decided to not renew because of work needing done.

17/4/2024 4:37 pm  #25

I would think it’s cost cutting.

Board footera