Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

02/4/2024 10:18 am  #1

Singing section

As most will be aware, earlier this season we started a singing section in the lower Eddie Thompson stand. We have worked closely with the club throughout this season to improve on it with the club fully behind this in an attempt to make a better atmosphere at Tannadice.

Saturday against Raith Rovers showed the potential Tannadice has to create a special atmosphere on matchday. Our aim is simply to achieve this level of vocal support and more, every home game.

With those within the section giving 100% for 90 minutes, the noticeable difference was also the participation from those behind and around us, across the Eddie Thompson stand and into the George Fox stand. We hope that this will become the norm, to back the team as one!

For those who want to help enhance the atmosphere but do not want to be directly within the section, we suggest relocating to the area behind us if seats become available.

Please get intouch via our social media or pm on here if you would like to join the Singing Section.

We will submit our waiting list to the ticket office by 30th April.

02/4/2024 3:03 pm  #2

Re: Singing section

Am behind the Singing Section 100%, very well done so far & it's imperative it expands.
I would suggest everyone on here should try to back it.
Have p m'ed you.

02/4/2024 4:44 pm  #3

It's a great initiative and has the potential to make a big difference to how successful we are at Tannadice.

Obviously the Raith game was a big game and we got ourselves ahead early, so it wasn't difficult for the singing section to be really enthusiastic. What I would love to see is for the singing section to focus on encouraging the team when we are behind or when we aren't playing as well as on Saturday. In particular, songs to give support to individual players - especially the younger lads - if they're struggling a bit or have just made a significant error. IMO that will make the world of difference in helping turn performances and games around - just as the collective groans or vocal criticism cause players to go into their shells and for the team performance to suffer as a result.

02/4/2024 9:28 pm  #4

Canadian Arab wrote:

It's a great initiative and has the potential to make a big difference to how successful we are at Tannadice.

Obviously the Raith game was a big game and we got ourselves ahead early, so it wasn't difficult for the singing section to be really enthusiastic. What I would love to see is for the singing section to focus on encouraging the team when we are behind or when we aren't playing as well as on Saturday. In particular, songs to give support to individual players - especially the younger lads - if they're struggling a bit or have just made a significant error. IMO that will make the world of difference in helping turn performances and games around - just as the collective groans or vocal criticism cause players to go into their shells and for the team performance to suffer as a result.

This.
Good 90 minute vocal singing section worth an extra man.
When we go a goal behind boo boys become palpable to opposition as well as our own - no help - saps the self belief right our of our own team.
Be interested to know when we last came down fae a goal behind to win, let alone a thriller comeback fae 2 down.
To answer my own question on comebacks fae one down, think it might v Lichties promotion season ?

Last edited by Shakey Isles Arab (02/4/2024 9:29 pm)

02/4/2024 10:29 pm  #5

As someone in their mid-40's, i'm no longer the demographic who this singing section is aimed at (and nor should i be), what i will say is that this is the type of thing i craved at Tannadice when i was a teenager/early 20's.

Hats off to these young lads for actually doing something positive. 

03/4/2024 8:44 pm  #6

Thanks for the replies.

If anyone also has any further comments or deas for us please post or give me a PM

04/4/2024 4:06 am  #7

Shakey Isles Arab wrote:

Canadian Arab wrote:

This.
When we go a goal behind boo boys become palpable to opposition as well as our own - no help - saps the self belief right our of our own team.
Be interested to know when we last came down fae a goal behind to win, let alone a thriller comeback fae 2 down.
To answer my own question on comebacks fae one down, think it might v Lichties promotion season ?

Queens Park twice this season,Ayr united too off the top of my head.

04/4/2024 9:52 pm  #8

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Shakey Isles Arab wrote:

Canadian Arab wrote:

This.

Cheers ADS.   .... ahm gettin more & more doatlie

04/4/2024 11:16 pm  #9

Shakey Isles Arab wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Shakey Isles Arab wrote:

This.

Cheers ADS.   .... ahm gettin more & more doatlie

🤣🤣

Board footera