Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

15/3/2024 11:27 pm  #1

GOODWIN OUT

This can go on no longer.

This man has to be removed this weekend an Interim Manager appointed by Monday morning, someone that galvanises the club and support and puts a bit of fight into us for the battle ahead in the next few games.

Goodwin would in no way be able to navigate us through the Play-Off's, never known a Manager who loses so many crunch games.

15/3/2024 11:40 pm  #2

Re: GOODWIN OUT

Tek wrote:

This can go on no longer.

This man has to be removed this weekend an Interim Manager appointed by Monday morning, someone that galvanises the club and support and puts a bit of fight into us for the battle ahead in the next few games.

Goodwin would in no way be able to navigate us through the Play-Off's, never known a Manager who loses so many crunch games.

I agree totally mate,but just can't see it happening. Never wanted the cunt after the way last season ended. Said it from the get go,he's a serial loser and totally fucking bottled that tonight. I want him gone by morning but it just isn't gonna happen. We had better get used to championship football 🫤

15/3/2024 11:46 pm  #3

I think he will cling on till the Raith game at Tannadice and when we lose that (or draw) that will be it.

And we'll appoint Tam Courts as Interim.

16/3/2024 12:32 am  #4

He simply has to go he will end up as a salesman again selling chocolate, Neil lennon would be my number one choice

16/3/2024 3:45 am  #5

One main word to sum up Jim Goodwin.

Predictable.

Every team that can give us a game has sussed him out and is now improving their results against us.

He never changes anything. Not talking 'in game' so much or tactically but outside of matchday (huge).

Same old routine, every cunt trudging along to St.Andrews and going though the same drills and motions.

I remember when we were under the cosh as a club guys like Levein changing things up and us training at Tannadice, or Alex Smith taking the boys down to Broughty Ferry and making them get into the water, or running on the beach.

We are so insipid and dull now. Boring football, boring tactics, boring interviews, BORING. 

And most of all PREDICTABLE. 

16/3/2024 4:12 am  #6

Tek wrote:

One main word to sum up Jim Goodwin.

Predictable.

Every team that can give us a game has sussed him out and is now improving their results against us.

He never changes anything. Not talking 'in game' so much or tactically but outside of matchday (huge).

Same old routine, every cunt trudging along to St.Andrews and going though the same drills and motions.

I remember when we were under the cosh as a club guys like Levein changing things up and us training at Tannadice, or Alex Smith taking the boys down to Broughty Ferry and making them get into the water, or running on the beach.

We are so insipid and dull now. Boring football, boring tactics, boring interviews, BORING. 

And most of all PREDICTABLE. 

Don't forget fucking shite too

16/3/2024 7:42 am  #7

Houston or Lennon would do for me.

It’s revisionist to say Goodwin has been absolutely shite for us, we’ve actually got a pretty respectable points total at this point that ordinarily would have us well out in fron, and we’d saunter our way to the title without any real pressure on us. However, it ain’t an ordinary season and Raith aren’t going away.

We’re fine winning the run of mill turgid championship games that we should be winning, but it’s Goodwin’s record in the big games that concerns me, the signs have been there for a while now that when the pressure is on in the must-win games, Goodwin bottles it. In hindsight, we should’ve known this from the last 5 games of last season, that was a bottle-job like no other.

We’ll no go up this season under him, I’m pretty certain of that now, been worrying me for weeks since Stark’s Park, but last night confirmed it. Raith will beat us at Tannadice, or at least we won’t beat them. Umpteen times they could’ve crumbled this season and they haven’t, they’ve shown their mettle and we’ve shown ours, and I know who I fancy for the title now.

And he’ll never manage to guide us through the playoffs, not in a million years he simply does not have it in him to win a succession of hugely charged, high pressure ties like that. I’d honestly be surprised if he beat the winner or the 3rd/4th game.

16/3/2024 7:52 am  #8

Also, Ogren has to take a massive share of the blame for this too. Neck and neck with a team in January for the title, and what does he do? Sign a 34 year old crock and a junior level (that’s being generous) player who couldn’t get a game for St. Mirren. Having seen how desperately shite he is myself, the Buddies probably couldn’t believe their luck that someone was willing to actually take his wage off their hands. I suspected he was shite from the minute we signed him, and it was 100% confirmed to me within 5 minutes of him making his debut, how the fuck can I see it, but Goodwin canna?

I ken Simon Murray isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but my god, he’s 10x the player thon Grieves is. He’d have been guaranteed 8-10 goals between January and the end of the season. £50k is what it would’ve taken to get him, is that really that much to speculate vs. another season in the championship?

You reap what you sow, Ogren clearly learned nothing from last January, and he can have no complaints when it all blows up in his face and he’s in an even deeper hole come this summer.

Last edited by JerryDungle (16/3/2024 7:53 am)

16/3/2024 8:44 am  #9

JerryDungle wrote:

We’re fine winning the run of mill turgid championship games that we should be winning, but it’s Goodwin’s record in the big games that concerns me, the signs have been there for a while now that when the pressure is on in the must-win games, Goodwin bottles it. In hindsight, we should’ve known this from the last 5 games of last season, that was a bottle-job like no other.

This for me. His inability to get results in the big games is what concerns me. Yes we are top of the league(for now) and our goal difference that we've built up in the first half of the season is impressive. But we are bottling this big time.

I keep going back to that Raith game at Starks Park. Raith went and made subs to go and win the game while our changes and tactics were all about holding on for a draw.
That's when I decided he needed to gtf.

Goodwin might be fine at a club the size of St Mirren where mid table is deemed success but he proved at Aberdeen he couldn't handle the demands and expectations of a bigger club and he's doing the same here.

16/3/2024 2:42 pm  #10

yes needs to go not making those players better.

When you have an assistant who is more interested in going to the gym after training and improving his pecs than doing extras with the young players who are then left with Dave Bowman (no disrespect ) who just treading water at united.

And thats your lot, no one on one coaching, no reviewing player clips to improve them individually nothing.

Anything they work on in training just never happens in the actual game. Thats why they look like they dont know what their doing as they really dont.

3 senior players who just fuck off training when they are not starting or cant be bothered. Good pro's they most certainly are not and that shit filters down. Obviously wont name them but a clue is they clap the fans the most vigeriosly before games (they know how to play fans alright)

Anyway we still might go up 

Last edited by dufc2019 (16/3/2024 2:50 pm)

17/3/2024 12:17 am  #11

Presuming Goodwin can't turn things around.  (Beginning to look a bit  of a task)
Presuming McIntyre or any other body wants it.
Presuming Ogren will bite the bullet - after Raith game on that performance.
Won't happen just yet, but like Billy said: shoogly peg.

Last edited by Shakey Isles Arab (17/3/2024 1:15 am)

18/3/2024 12:52 pm  #12

I dont see us getting rid of him anytime before the end of the season - if we dont make it up this year then he has to go, so many other managers out there would get more of a tune out of this team.

In terms of recruitment we may have more options as a block was TAs presence at the club, people in football talk and no doubt word spread about what he had implemented and many decided to stay away.

18/3/2024 5:01 pm  #13

Its the main problem with football club owners.  More often than not they only make changes when it's too late.

I get that making changes is a costly exercise, but the problem is that is a lot of the time at our level the owners opt for the cheap option.  The problem with that is if you buy cheap, you buy twice.

Not only does that create a problem with management/tactics/performances of the team, it also causes a issue with sacking & hiring costs that the owner won't have budgeted for.

Oooooohhhh yeeeeeaaaaaah!!

19/3/2024 11:00 am  #14

If Ogren had let us buy a new keeper in  January 23 we wouldn’t be where we are today. 

23/3/2024 6:44 pm  #15

Seen enough, we ain’t going up with him at the helm. A perennial loser who’s spent his career cruising along at clubs who play every week with absolutely no pressure whatsoever on them, Hamilton, St. Mirren, Stockport County, Scunthorpe… what pressure really is on you at these sort of clubs? Does it really fucking matter what league they’re or what position they are in the table?

Once he joined Aberdeen, then United, clubs where there is real pressure to get results every week, he soon showed his mettle, a shitebag loser who doesn’t have the stomach for the fight or the shoulders to carry the pressure at a big club. He’ll probably do just fine in his next job at a Morton or a Partick Thistle, but he ain’t cut out for a team with expectations on them.

If Ogren had anything about him, even only to make back some of his investment, he’d sack this loser and move heaven and earth to get Neil Lennon in, even if only till the end of the season.

But he won’t, and we’ll get beat off of Raith next week, they’ll go on to get promoted, and Ogren will be all apologies for not acting and promising lessons have been learned and that things will be different next year etc.

Grow some fucking balls Mark and sack this loser.

Last edited by JerryDungle (23/3/2024 7:11 pm)

23/3/2024 8:01 pm  #16

He’ll be sacked after we lose next week and it’ll be too late.

Get him and yourself to fuck Ogren.

Last edited by RogerTheAlien (23/3/2024 8:01 pm)

23/3/2024 8:18 pm  #17

JerryDungle wrote:

Seen enough, we ain’t going up with him at the helm. A perennial loser who’s spent his career cruising along at clubs who play every week with absolutely no pressure whatsoever on them, Hamilton, St. Mirren, Stockport County, Scunthorpe… what pressure really is on you at these sort of clubs? Does it really fucking matter what league they’re or what position they are in the table?

Once he joined Aberdeen, then United, clubs where there is real pressure to get results every week, he soon showed his mettle, a shitebag loser who doesn’t have the stomach for the fight or the shoulders to carry the pressure at a big club. He’ll probably do just fine in his next job at a Morton or a Partick Thistle, but he ain’t cut out for a team with expectations on them.

If Ogren had anything about him, even only to make back some of his investment, he’d sack this loser and move heaven and earth to get Neil Lennon in, even if only till the end of the season.

But he won’t, and we’ll get beat off of Raith next week, they’ll go on to get promoted, and Ogren will be all apologies for not acting and promising lessons have been learned and that things will be different next year etc.

Good post JD.

Agree word for word.

23/3/2024 9:12 pm  #18

Tek wrote:

JerryDungle wrote:

Good post JD.

Agree word for word.

I absolutely detest Lennon,but right now I'd take that all day long

23/3/2024 9:18 pm  #19

The club is an absolute mess.
Goodwin needs to go & we need Mark Ogren to sell up and then we build in a sensible way. We are skint, and there isn't a chance Lennon would come to us. I'd be happy with Alan Archibald or Jim McInally. 

We need the hangers-on to leave. Clean sweep. 

23/3/2024 9:21 pm  #20

If we loss next week, I think we'll have had it as far as winning the League's concerned. (jist meh opinion of coorse, no trehin to start anything).

That's when I think it'll be curtains for him, but as Roger sayed, probably too late.

23/3/2024 11:38 pm  #21

UniDundee wrote:

The club is an absolute mess.
Goodwin needs to go & we need Mark Ogren to sell up and then we build in a sensible way. We are skint, and there isn't a chance Lennon would come to us. I'd be happy with Alan Archibald or Jim McInally. 

We need the hangers-on to leave. Clean sweep. 

I’d take McGlynn.

25/3/2024 10:21 am  #22

This isn't a dig at Ogren.  I want that to be clear from the start.

Ogren just doesn't know football.  Moreso, he doesn't know Scottish football.  I don't hold that against him, far from it.  I think his intentions were genuine - try to make us better and get European football and in doing so make a bit of cash.  He is just involved in a 'business' that he doesn't fully understand.  He is used to franchises in sport.  He doesn't get that our team is part of our personal fabric and a big part of a fans identity.

He was sold a bogey by Asghar.  I personally think that Asghar used Ogrens money to play real life Football Manager.  He was badly advised and because he doesn't know football, or Scottish football, he was easily swayed to make the wrong decisions/moves.  I don't know how successful he was with the other sports he got involved with, but those were closer to home for him and were sports that I'm guessing he was far more familiar with and had a greater understanding of.

We are in a position where we have an owner who doesn't really know the market he is playing in and who is trying to control/run the club from thousands of miles away.  With an element of hindsight, I think he made the wrong decision with Goodwin and before that I think he was guided down the Fox route by Asghar as (I'm assuming) Fox was someone that Asghar would have an element of 'control' or 'influence' over.

I think Ogren needs, for his own sanity, to sell United.  We definitely need an owner who has an understanding of how football works.  We also need a manager who can inspire and get the team playing with a bit of passion and fire instead of the flat, low intensity fare that we have had to watch since Xmas.

25/3/2024 11:00 am  #23

Macho Man wrote:

Ogren just doesn't know football.  Moreso, he doesn't know Scottish football.  I don't hold that against him, far from it.  I think his intentions were genuine - try to make us better and get European football and in doing so make a bit of cash.  He is just involved in a 'business' that he doesn't fully understand.  He is used to franchises in sport.  He doesn't get that our team is part of our personal fabric and a big part of a fans identity.

He was sold a bogey by Asghar.  I personally think that Asghar used Ogrens money to play real life Football Manager.  He was badly advised and because he doesn't know football, or Scottish football, he was easily swayed to make the wrong decisions/moves.  I don't know how successful he was with the other sports he got involved with, but those were closer to home for him and were sports that I'm guessing he was far more familiar with and had a greater understanding of.

We are in a position where we have an owner who doesn't really know the market he is playing in and who is trying to control/run the club from thousands of miles away.  With an element of hindsight, I think he made the wrong decision with Goodwin and before that I think he was guided down the Fox route by Asghar as (I'm assuming) Fox was someone that Asghar would have an element of 'control' or 'influence' over.

I think Ogren needs, for his own sanity, to sell United.  We definitely need an owner who has an understanding of how football works.  We also need a manager who can inspire and get the team playing with a bit of passion and fire instead of the flat, low intensity fare that we have had to watch since Xmas.

All good points.

When he made his comment along the lines of "If we go down we'll come straight back up!" Wow.

He just doesn't get it, or perhaps it was just arrogance, i'm not sure.

I definitely think Fat Tony was given way too much power and influence, but how can some who by all accounts is quite successful be so naive?

There's also the issue of his level of investment and how it's tied to the club, If he's invested as much as he's claiming he has, then he has that money to lose and not be overly phased by it. I'd equate it to a gambler who's chasing loses, but has scope to.

He's got a spare wedge, he thought he could realistically spend £100 and try and make a profit, then he's spent another £50 and so on, to the point he's down £1000..

He'll never get his £1,000 back and he shouldn't expect to, he might get his £100 back if he's willing to accept the £900 was his own folly.

And that's not me having a go, that's just how it is, It's a bit of a shame because when they came in we really needed their help, we were in serious trouble, the just put the wrong guy in charge, but it shouldn't have taken as long as it did to empty him.

You'd like to think that if there's anything in the Brighton rumour, then we'd be run a lot more sensibly, a tighter reign on finances, on how the whole place is run.

We as fans still expect a decent level of football, the size of the club, fanbase, run properly we should be the 6th biggest club and looking to take advantage of Aberdeen or Hibs etc having a poor season.

But we'd also need to temper our expectations for a few seasons, get up, build the club up again, get a solid base to work from, maybe take a 9th or 10th position, whilst we year on year improve, kinda like what Brighton have done.

We'll be solid, never in danger of going down, be clever in the transfer market, buy players who can improve us, but they'll move on, stop chasing marquee signings.

We might end up being that boring mid table never do anything club, but really, outwith McLean's tenure, bar the odd season, that's all we've ever been.

"Don't F*cking ever offer me that again!"

25/3/2024 11:58 am  #24

David_Blunkett wrote:

All good points.

When he made his comment along the lines of "If we go down we'll come straight back up!" Wow.

He just doesn't get it, or perhaps it was just arrogance, i'm not sure.

I definitely think Fat Tony was given way too much power and influence, but how can some who by all accounts is quite successful be so naive?

There's also the issue of his level of investment and how it's tied to the club, If he's invested as much as he's claiming he has, then he has that money to lose and not be overly phased by it. I'd equate it to a gambler who's chasing loses, but has scope to.

He's got a spare wedge, he thought he could realistically spend £100 and try and make a profit, then he's spent another £50 and so on, to the point he's down £1000..

He'll never get his £1,000 back and he shouldn't expect to, he might get his £100 back if he's willing to accept the £900 was his own folly.

And that's not me having a go, that's just how it is, It's a bit of a shame because when they came in we really needed their help, we were in serious trouble, the just put the wrong guy in charge, but it shouldn't have taken as long as it did to empty him.

You'd like to think that if there's anything in the Brighton rumour, then we'd be run a lot more sensibly, a tighter reign on finances, on how the whole place is run.

We as fans still expect a decent level of football, the size of the club, fanbase, run properly we should be the 6th biggest club and looking to take advantage of Aberdeen or Hibs etc having a poor season.

But we'd also need to temper our expectations for a few seasons, get up, build the club up again, get a solid base to work from, maybe take a 9th or 10th position, whilst we year on year improve, kinda like what Brighton have done.

We'll be solid, never in danger of going down, be clever in the transfer market, buy players who can improve us, but they'll move on, stop chasing marquee signings.

We might end up being that boring mid table never do anything club, but really, outwith McLean's tenure, bar the odd season, that's all we've ever been.

All good points too.

25/3/2024 2:57 pm  #25

Macho Man wrote:

No shit, Sherlock!  Do you not read these boards?  Same for David Blunkett (apologies if you don't read!) This has been pointed out from the day Asghar was appointed if you care to listen to people who are not happy clapping.  Can't quite believe these posts genuinely appear to be thinking they have stumbled across something no-one else has seen (astonishing actually).

Last edited by Finn Seemann (25/3/2024 3:01 pm)

Board footera