Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

08/3/2024 7:23 pm  #1

Brentford & Brighton

Earlier in the week, there was rumours circulating that the Brentford owner has had a meeting with ogren about buying the club.

Jim spence is now reporting Tony bloom the Brighton chairman is now interested.

Both would immense.

Anyone else heard anything?

08/3/2024 7:58 pm  #2

Re: Brentford & Brighton

Heard the Brentford one the other day but was told to keep it off the Forum, by someone who reads here.

Guess now it's out there, it's fair game to speculate on.

Supposedly Brentford owner was up a few days ago getting shown round the place.

08/3/2024 8:00 pm  #3

Tek wrote:

Heard the Brentford one the other day but was told to keep it off the Forum, by someone who reads here.

can only be a good thing surely ?

08/3/2024 8:07 pm  #4

dufc2019 wrote:

Tek wrote:

can only be a good thing surely ?

Well, reading about Matthew Benham he is a very impressive individual indeed.

Oxford University degree in Physics and has brought Brentford from a lowly club in the 3rd tier of English football going nowhere to a respected club in the EPL. Whole structure of the club is excellent.

Apparently bought a plot of land 10 days after he took control of the club and vowed their stadium would be built there (it was). So, he's someone who knows what he wants and acts decisively.

18/3/2024 11:50 pm  #5

19/3/2024 12:04 am  #6

Interesting that later in the article it also says their is 'American interest' in buying Utd.

19/3/2024 11:32 pm  #7

I’d be very wary of American ownership

19/3/2024 11:57 pm  #8

MockChop wrote:

Said the same, no thank you. We need a British based owner who can at the very least be up here every few weeks to keep an eye.

20/3/2024 12:05 am  #9

MockChop wrote:

I'd go further and tell them to fuck right off!

We are in worse shape then ever under this misguided yank buffoon. They can take their star spangled banner and shove it up their arse.

Last edited by Arabdownsouth (20/3/2024 12:05 am)

20/3/2024 11:15 am  #10

we need someone who has a clue about the sport and does not see it as a way of 'connecting with the old country' or making a profit.

Brighton or brentford link or minority stake would probably be much better

20/3/2024 1:13 pm  #11

Club denying all links at the DUSG Meeting last night.

Oh and they are also giving Raith the Shed.

20/3/2024 1:29 pm  #12

Raith gave us extra tickets for the game in Kirkcaldy after we sold out so I think it's only fair.

20/3/2024 4:18 pm  #13

Do we want to go down the multi-club route? Let's keep us local. 

20/3/2024 6:51 pm  #14

UniDundee wrote:

Do we want to go down the multi-club route? Let's keep us local. 

Unfortunately no-one local will have the money Ogren is looking for.

If they did and seriously wanted to buy out Ogren, he'd bite their hand off.

20/3/2024 7:17 pm  #15

Tek wrote:

But not all the seats according to Raith statement, seems utterly bizarre to give them the shed but limit tickets.  Should have been in the fair play with Utd fans in the shed but we are just fucking idiots.

20/3/2024 7:55 pm  #16

Snacks94 wrote:

Tek wrote:

But not all the seats according to Raith statement, seems utterly bizarre to give them the shed but limit tickets. Should have been in the fair play with Utd fans in the shed but we are just fucking idiots.

Found out a wee bit more info as to why.

They are only getting part of The Shed because part of it is to be taped off to leave a 'segregation area' between the Shed and the George Fox. Seems daft considering there is already a natural segregation area, but perhaps a Police decision and not Utd's (as i'm sure they'd want to make as much money as possible).

The reason they are in the Shed is because apparently the Fairplay Stand is not operational and that is the reason away supporters have been in the Shed all season.

Says everything about Ogren's intentions that a part of our stadium is not fit for purpose but no attempts have been made to retify the situation. 

20/3/2024 8:08 pm  #17

If we lose to ICT we would probably be as well giving Raith the George Fox as well

20/3/2024 8:10 pm  #18

Tek wrote:

Says everything about Ogren's intentions that a part of our stadium is not fit for purpose but no attempts have been made to retify the situation. 

What is the issue the with the Fair Play stand not being operational this season?

I had assumed that the smaller away crowds for the majority was why it was shut.

20/3/2024 10:09 pm  #19

ArabChris wrote:

What is the issue the with the Fair Play stand not being operational this season?

Not exactly sure, just what i was told.

Could be a plethora of things. Don't think that stand has had any renovations or upkeep since it was built.

20/3/2024 10:14 pm  #20

I've heard it's because of the costs involved of catering and stewarding a two tier stand it's
cheaper to keep it closed.

20/3/2024 10:20 pm  #21

Rick Dagless wrote:

I've heard it's because of the costs involved of catering and stewarding a two tier stand it's

That may very well be their reasoning RD.

Was just told the club said the Fairplay 'wasn't operational'. So, assumed it must need some work done.

If it's over saving literally 'a few quid' then he (Ogren) really is tightening his financial grip on the club and it seems a poor decision therefore not to have filled the Shed with at least even a handful of Arabs.

Think it always gives the players a boost shooting into two goals housing our fans.

21/3/2024 12:07 am  #22

Tek wrote:

Rick Dagless wrote:

That may very well be their reasoning RD.

Was just told the club said the Fairplay 'wasn't operational'. So, assumed it must need some work done.

If it's over saving literally 'a few quid' then he (Ogren) really is tightening his financial grip on the club and it seems a poor decision therefore not to have filled the Shed with at least even a handful of Arabs.

Think it always gives the players a boost shooting into two goals housing our fans.

I don't think it matters to this bunch of players tbh,it's not as if they make it count very often. Countless times they've been pathetic in front of large home crowds.

Board footera