Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

26/2/2024 4:41 pm  #1

United V Airdrie

with 5 games in 15 days I expect to see the team rotated a bit again.

Hopefully another win and some football played

26/2/2024 5:04 pm  #2

Re: United V Airdrie

think there will be changes also

Walton
Thomson Gallagher or McClelland holt mcmann
Cudjoe Grimshaw sibbald Middleton
Moult grieve

Tillson cannot play, don’t care if he “breaks up play”, the guy cannot pass the ball a yard, would rather try Grimshaw in there to do that job than him- however wouldn’t be surprised to see Grimshaw at right back and Tilson keeping his position in the midfield.

Unsure whether Gallagher will be risked due to him just being back at the weekend, if he’s out I would rather mclelland got the opportunity, really not a fan of Ross Graham at RCB he just slows everything down far to much- also not really got the love in for him after his last 2 performances.

Last edited by SuperMario (26/2/2024 5:07 pm)

26/2/2024 5:34 pm  #3

I agree with much of Super M above, Tilson who I have defended a few times can't play again on Tuesday after that individual performance on Saturday.

That said we need to be disciplined tomorrow night and not listen to the crowd by staying in our shape when we don't have the ball. Seen enough of them so far this season to know that they can knock it about but do lack the cutting edge if you deny them space.

Grimshaw back in at right back or in midfield but we can't have big Ross at RCB and MT at right back (disaster written all over it) at the same time.

Hopefully Gallagher is fit, what a difference he makes to us but need to manage his recovery.

I've a wee feeling that Louis is going to come good with a couple of goals tomorrow night.

Three more points please.

26/2/2024 10:19 pm  #4

Walton
Thomson Gallagher or Graham holt mcmann
Cudjoe Sibbald Middleton
Grieve Moult Watt

Last edited by Shakey Isles Arab (26/2/2024 10:27 pm)

26/2/2024 11:18 pm  #5

Shakey Isles Arab wrote:

Walton
Thomson Gallagher or Graham holt mcmann
Cudjoe Sibbald Middleton
Grieve Moult Watt

Cudjoe on bench apparently.

26/2/2024 11:27 pm  #6

Incredibly poor if cudjoe on the bench.

Kai is absolutely miles off it atm

27/2/2024 5:01 am  #7

Walton
Grimshaw.   Gallagher.     Graham        McMann
                                    Holt
Thomson        Sibbald.      Mochrie.      Middleton
                                  Moult

27/2/2024 8:54 am  #8

I'm not really an impact sub man cos if you're good enough to be a good impact sub you're surely good enough to be a good starter too but Cudjoe with his strange skills is maybe an exception.
Pity he's not quicker, you see him trying a burst of pace but his legs are too short. Tho to be fair they do reach the ground
I'm just waiting to see him run between a big full back's legs.

27/2/2024 10:15 am  #9

United Arab Emarite wrote:

I'm not really an impact sub man cos if you're good enough to be a good impact sub you're surely good enough to be a good starter too but Cudjoe with his strange skills is maybe an exception.
Pity he's not quicker, you see him trying a burst of pace but his legs are too short. Tho to be fair they do reach the ground

yeah but those wee legs also help him, he has such a low center of gravity he's a nightmare 1 on 1 for a defender

he's fun to watch but his biggest problem is he's too greedy

Last edited by dufc2019 (27/2/2024 10:16 am)

27/2/2024 10:51 am  #10

United Arab Emarite wrote:

I’d just love to see him getting into the box with the ball. Defenders would be petrified to tackle him.

27/2/2024 3:33 pm  #11

Midfield 3 of Meekison Mochrie and Sibbald tonight at least there should be some football played between the lines if the Defender are not too scared to pass it to them.

27/2/2024 4:51 pm  #12

dufc2019 wrote:

Midfield 3 of Meekison Mochrie and Sibbald tonight at least there should be some football played between the lines if the Defender are not too scared to pass it to them.

I appreciate that people like to know what the line up is going to be ahead of time (so they can start moaning well before kick-off 😂) but I wonder how wise it is to post details on a public message board? If I was Jim Goodwin and I saw this, I'd be livid. It's maybe not likely that Airdrie get a hold of this info, but it's possible. And it wouldn't take much effort to figure out that your team info is usually on the money.

For context: years ago, the papers had Gough injured. When the team got off the bus at the main entrance to Pittodrie, Gough was last off, and he was on crutches. I was therefore more than a bit surprised when he was listed in the starting XI, and Alex Ferguson was too, as he had already submitted his team sheet to the ref with a focus on attacking down our right. We won.

27/2/2024 4:54 pm  #13

Canadian Arab wrote:

dufc2019 wrote:

I appreciate that people like to know what the line up is going to be ahead of time (so they can start moaning well before kick-off 😂) but I wonder how wise it is to post details on a public message board? If I was Jim Goodwin and I saw this, I'd be livid. It's maybe not likely that Airdrie get a hold of this info, but it's possible. And it wouldn't take much effort to figure out that your team info is usually on the money.

For context: years ago, the papers had Gough injured. When the team got off the bus at the main entrance to Pittodrie, Gough was last off, and he was on crutches. I was therefore more than a bit surprised when he was listed in the starting XI, and Alex Ferguson was too, as he had already submitted his team sheet to the ref with a focus on attacking down our right. We won.

If the general consensus is its detrimental to the Team im more than happy not to share info. 

27/2/2024 5:06 pm  #14

dufc2019 wrote:

Fuck sake mate, didn’t you know Rhys McCabe reads Tek and mad.

Last edited by RogerTheAlien (27/2/2024 5:06 pm)

27/2/2024 5:32 pm  #15

dufc2019 wrote:

If the general consensus is its detrimental to the Team im more than happy not to share info. 

Not having a go at you mate, and it's just my opinion.

Maybe you're Jim Goodwin, and this is all part of a masterplan where you post legit info for every game up until the next time we play Raith, at which point you leak a completely bogus line-up 😂

27/2/2024 10:41 pm  #16

We have to empty him now and give ourselves every chance to win this league. He’s going to keep us down for a long time if we don’t change it.

27/2/2024 11:17 pm  #17

Tony watt being captain is everything that is wrong with our club, he is meant to lead by example, he is work rate is a complete embarrassment, attitude is a disgrace, meant to be our striker but he’s more arsed getting the ball 40 yards out from goal, needs binned, Middleton really thinks he’s a player aye, wonders about huffing and puffing every game.

Absolutely scunnered

Time is running out for Goodwin, the home form is a complete joke. Next 2 games could be a disaster.

27/2/2024 11:43 pm  #18

Ref was pish. Let them awa we murder. Lets get that oot the weh fir a start, but thats no the reason we never won.

Coz, if ye canna score a goal in 90-oad mnutes against phuckin Airdrie, 1 phuckin goal, how can ye expect to win the League.

A big important gehm like that, and we fir the wahnt oe a better word, "blow it".

Lets be blunt here, it wisna Atletico Madrid we were playin, it was phuckin Airdrie. Eh coonted 2 shots on target.

Think the last time they baet us, mighta been aboot 30 year ago. Think it was under Kirkwood.
Can mind him saying something like - Lossin that gehm was disgrace, and we got what we deserved.
Couldna put it better mysell. Jist aboot sums up the night. So we a bit oe luck, we shouldna be haein this conversation again fir another 30 years.

Goodwin definitely on a shoogly-peg now.

27/2/2024 11:45 pm  #19

No positives tonight, just not good enough from management or the team. 0-2 defeat at home is just not acceptable.

27/2/2024 11:47 pm  #20

was impressed with airdrie tonight due to the simple fact they had a game plan, if we do replace Goodwin we should be after him 100%.

Corner all night they caused us problems, clearly been worked on.

27/2/2024 11:47 pm  #21

dufc2019 wrote:

Or maybe not. Largely because Meekison and Mochrie are nothing players who should emptied at the end of thd season.

Too much commotion

28/2/2024 12:06 am  #22

Absolute fucking shambles,Goodwin can fuck right off. Proven fucking failure!

Thanks again United for sucking the joy out of the game I love.

Last edited by Arabdownsouth (28/2/2024 12:06 am)

28/2/2024 12:22 am  #23

If we had McCabe instead of Goodwin we would be walking this league.  Regardless of if we get promoted Goodwin has to go at the end of the season.  We have been shocking since the start of December.  Thistle at home our only decent performance and a number of absolute stinkers.

28/2/2024 12:56 am  #24

Sometimes you learn more in defeat they say, well if that's true tonight has told us a hell of a lot.

Watt for me again for ghe umpteenth bloody time is never a captain.

Goodwin was massively at fault for that tonight, it was absolutely toothless. He goes on about identity,  I would love to know what the gameplay was tonight, it was all over the shop.

The boy Miller Thomson was excellent tonight, I think he is wasted at right back, push him one forward.

We can never set up with a center midfield that weak ever again, it was men v boys.

Credit to Airdrie they fully deserved their 3 points, if we are retain any hopes of going up then we massively need to improve and pronto

28/2/2024 12:57 am  #25

Are we doing our best to get promoted by 94th min goal at McDairmid or Dingwall - you're making a sterling job o' it thus far Goodwin.

Saw him the other week on DUTV talking about the depth of our squad - o aye St Johnstone rejects, Ross County reject and I hate to say it the two M's - laddies trying to play mens fitba. ... Another in the hate to say it category, Captain Sicknote - one o these things, it happens I know, but he's been born under a bad sign.

Also this rotation shite - 5 games in 15 days blah blah blah all very well but you do not change  a winning side (Moult out - what was that about ??,)  if Goodwin must change a winning side do it 4 or 5 games into this run when points are in the bank.

Other random moans:
Ref complete and utter tit.

Our corners - doing my nut; complete ineffective, predictable, committee meeting shambles which serve to waste our own time.

This business of flops on ground refs let goalies get away wi: I was under the impression that rule stated as soon as goalie controls ba he has tae get rid in 7 seconds. Instead of which goalie has a high ba perfectly under control does a bellyflop that Tony Watt would be proud of, then it's only when goalie feels like getting up that 7 second count starts ..... this goes back to another Airdrie piss take and ref being weak as piss.

Grieve - no doubt about him, tireless runner - that's the laddies best asset. Now tae me Goodwin should have said the one thing to him at the off - bust a gut son, one focus, break up their play - we Know Airdrie are going to play a high line so one job - get in the goalies face. Instead of which they get the ball in their own half and an occasional half hearted challenge goes in. They own their own half, play game at their pace and dictate terms.

Outhought again - thanks Goodwin, doesnae seem to be too hard at the minute.

Last edited by Shakey Isles Arab (28/2/2024 1:14 am)

Board footera