Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/2/2024 3:10 am  #1

Raith Rovers vs DUFC - Friday 16th February (7.45PM)

Win this, we win the Championship. 

What XI and formation would you play?

11/2/2024 10:02 am  #2

Re: Raith Rovers vs DUFC - Friday 16th February (7.45PM)

I don't agree with the premise that a win means the title is ours. Win lose or draw the title race is going all the way.

11/2/2024 2:18 pm  #3

Stillliving wrote:

I don't agree with the premise that a win means the title is ours. Win lose or draw the title race is going all the way.

If we win we are 7 points ahead, essentially 8 because of our goal difference.

It would also be Raith's sixth defeat in a row, leaving them utterly demoralised and possibly fearful of missing out on a play-off place.

I couldn't see even us throwing it away from there.

11/2/2024 3:52 pm  #4

Win this and it’s done.

Watt and Kai in for greive and Moult. Attack Raith, we owe them one.

11/2/2024 7:10 pm  #5

Win it and we will be in a great position but there will still be a helluva lot of work to do. Hopefully Jim and the players won't be thinking it's all over.

Also, Raith are currently 16 points clear of Airdrie in 5th,absolutely no chance they finish outside the playoffs.

Last edited by Arabdownsouth (11/2/2024 7:13 pm)

12/2/2024 12:05 am  #6

If we win this and go 7 clear our next 2 games are Airdrie and QP at home while they have Ayr away and Morton at home…

12/2/2024 12:59 am  #7

RogerTheAlien wrote:

If we win this and go 7 clear our next 2 games are Airdrie and QP at home while they have Ayr away and Morton at home…

Yep..... And as we've shown plenty of times already, we cannot take teams for granted, especially at home.

12/2/2024 3:36 am  #8

This is United, should'nae even presume we'll even beat Raith.
Personally I think we'll win particularly now given Raith are on a bad run with recent fixtures in diddy nuisance cups.
Win 7 ahead, draw 5 ahead given massive goal diff.

But again, this is United, I'll be touching wood, crossing fingers, toes you name it till the day we lift trophy.

Advantage we do have is as the run in to end of season and top four cut off nears, 5th 6th placed teams are coming to Tannadice with draw no good to them, similar desparation at bottom - got to be good.

Last edited by Shakey Isles Arab (12/2/2024 3:37 am)

12/2/2024 4:25 am  #9

The nice thing about teams coming to Tannadice who need 3 points is that they can't park the bus for 90 minutes.

12/2/2024 9:34 am  #10

Walton,

Grimshaw,  Graham (big performance required), Holt, McMann
                                 Docherty Sibbald
     fotheringham                                       Middleton
                           Grieve                       Moult

Up for it right from the start, plenty of options on the bench.

Short sleeves only, nae gloves and socks pulled up. Right into them, high tempo and work our arses off.

This squad owe the fans a big performance in a big game and there would be no better time than this Friday.

12/2/2024 12:18 pm  #11

I took in the Livi v Raith cup game a couple of weeks back and Raith were fairly poor.  Livi are absolutely guff and they still just about deserved the win (this is a Livi team that took 4 at home to the Dees the next week - put that in context!). 

Raith went at them hard first 10 minutes of each half (scoring in the first) and then pretty much dropped out of the game both halves.  They do have a cutting edge and do create chances, but they are mince at the back.  We need to match their initial enthusiasm (they will definitely try to come at us from kick off) and keep it tight at the back and we should win with our usual away performance - however play like we did against Dunfermline at home and we will lose.  They very much miss Stanton so let's hope he's still out and if not is not match fit.

To be clear however, we should be winning this comfortably as they are not very good.

12/2/2024 12:32 pm  #12

Finn Seemann wrote:

I took in the Livi v Raith cup game a couple of weeks back and Raith were fairly poor.  Livi are absolutely guff and they still just about deserved the win (this is a Livi team that took 4 at home to the Dees the next week - put that in context!). 

Raith went at them hard first 10 minutes of each half (scoring in the first) and then pretty much dropped out of the game both halves.  They do have a cutting edge and do create chances, but they are mince at the back.  We need to match their initial enthusiasm (they will definitely try to come at us from kick off) and keep it tight at the back and we should win with our usual away performance - however play like we did against Dunfermline at home and we will lose.  They very much miss Stanton so let's hope he's still out and if not is not match fit.

To be clear however, we should be winning this comfortably as they are not very good.

And yet we've taken 1 point off them so far this season

12/2/2024 2:13 pm  #13

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Finn Seemann wrote:

And yet we've taken 1 point off them so far this season

I think that is explained by the fact that we are not very good either...

12/2/2024 3:36 pm  #14

Shakey Isles Arab wrote:

Personally I think we'll win particularly now given Raith are on a bad run with recent fixtures in diddy nuisance cups.

But again, this is United, I'll be touching wood, crossing fingers, toes you name it till the day we lift trophy.

Advantage we do have is as the run in to end of season and top four cut off nears, 5th 6th placed teams are coming to Tannadice with draw no good to them, similar desparation at bottom - got to be good.

If we draw surely we’re still only 4 ahead.

Edited to add, yeah it's like 5 ahead given the goal difference.

Last edited by kdyteejay (12/2/2024 3:37 pm)

12/2/2024 3:40 pm  #15

Finn Seemann wrote:

I think Stanton will be back for Friday, he’s back training again certainly.

12/2/2024 9:24 pm  #16

kdyteejay wrote:

Shakey Isles Arab wrote:

Yup, should have thrown in "effectively."

13/2/2024 5:10 am  #17

Shakey Isles Arab wrote:

kdyteejay wrote:

Shakey Isles Arab wrote:

Yup, should have thrown in "effectively."

Tbf you pretty much did 🤣

13/2/2024 11:06 am  #18

i'd take Docherty out of that starting line-up, Crocked again apparently

13/2/2024 12:09 pm  #19

dufc2019 wrote:

That's a nightmare.  How do you go from doing backflips one week to crocked the next?

13/2/2024 1:16 pm  #20

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-united/4893888/declan-gallagher-fitness-update-jim-goodwin-raith/

No mention of Docherty being injured here, also Gallagher may be available on Friday too

13/2/2024 3:09 pm  #21

Really hope both rumours are untrue.

Docherty- we really miss his leadership qualities when he is not in the side, he sets the tempo well and let's folk know when the are slacking. Fingers he is fit for Friday night.

Gallagher- please do not rush the big guy back, focus on getting him ready for the last 10 games. Give his injury time to properly heal , we will need him massively for cappilow in a few weeks time.

13/2/2024 4:00 pm  #22

CCX2 2010 wrote:

Really hope both rumours are untrue.

Docherty- we really miss his leadership qualities when he is not in the side, he sets the tempo well and let's folk know when the are slacking. Fingers he is fit for Friday night.

Gallagher- please do not rush the big guy back, focus on getting him ready for the last 10 games. Give his injury time to properly heal , we will need him massively for cappilow in a few weeks time.

Agree - I hope Docherty is available as with him we just seem better organised and shoring up the midfield is key.  On Gallagher I don't think this is the game to come back in.  Keep Graham in the box seat unless McLelland has shown up very well in training.

13/2/2024 4:42 pm  #23

dufc2019 wrote:

If we get promoted get shot of him. Good player in this league but in the top league his body won’t cop the standard.

13/2/2024 5:23 pm  #24

dufc2019 wrote:

Fucking unbelievable 🤦🏻

13/2/2024 5:38 pm  #25

RogerTheAlien wrote:

dufc2019 wrote:

If we get promoted get shot of him. Good player in this league but in the top league his body won’t cop the standard.

Worryingly he'd not be the only one.  Not sure Gallagher has the fitness for the top league.  Several others don't have the game.

Board footera