Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

27/1/2024 7:35 pm  #26

Re: Utd Vs Dunfermline

If Eh'd come on right efter the gehm, and posted, think Eh woulda felloot we a lot oe fowk, because Eh was phuckin livid.

Canna believe we blew the chance oe pullin awa, just a wee bit fae Raith. efter Big Dunc did us a favour.

The Ref was shite, the shove on Docherty in the 1st half 2 yairds in front of him being ane oe the shitey examples. But thats no the raason we never scored
the day against an average side.

Our pace was woeful virtually throughout the gehm, except fir the last 10 mins.

On the few occasions that the Pars moved forrit we the ba, thir pace was as expected, quick.

When we had the ba it sat we the back 3. Looked like they were playing yoga we the ba mair than futba. (Ross Graham was the biggest t culprit)
Then it moved forward at 1/4 speed, allowing the Pars to get their whole outfield playerd behind the ba., and it made it hard fir us to play thru.
We made it harder fir wirselves than it ever needed to be against an average side.

6 coarners in the 1st half, 13 in total, and yet phuck-all to show fir it. 3 shots on target the hale gehm.

Dinna ken what JG is tellin them to play like,and what he's thinkin aboot this, but Ehd love to ask him.

Going awa to a Burns night oot If Rabbie Burns had written anythin aboot this gehm, it wid go somethin like:-
Come on United. get phuckin with it
And stop playin like this shit
You're only playin the phuckin Pars
Baet them and git it right up Raiths arse.

27/1/2024 7:46 pm  #27

Billy_Hainey wrote:

If Eh'd come on right efter the gehm, and posted, think Eh woulda felloot we a lot oe fowk, because Eh was phuckin livid.

Canna believe we blew the chance oe pullin awa, just a wee bit fae Raith. efter Big Dunc did us a favour.

The Ref was shite, the shove on Docherty in the 1st half 2 yairds in front of him being ane oe the shitey examples. But thats no the raason we never scored
the day against an average side.

Our pace was woeful virtually throughout the gehm, except fir the last 10 mins.

On the few occasions that the Pars moved forrit we the ba, thir pace was as expected, quick.

When we had the ba it sat we the back 3. Looked like they were playing yoga we the ba mair than futba. (Ross Graham was the biggest t culprit)
Then it moved forward at 1/4 speed, allowing the Pars to get their whole outfield playerd behind the ba., and it made it hard fir us to play thru.
We made it harder fir wirselves than it ever needed to be against an average side.

6 coarners in the 1st half, 13 in total, and yet phuck-all to show fir it. 3 shots on target the hale gehm.

Dinna ken what JG is tellin them to play like,and what he's thinkin aboot this, but Ehd love to ask him.

Going awa to a Burns night oot If Rabbie Burns had written anythin aboot this gehm, it wid go somethin like:-
Come on United. get phuckin with it
And stop playin like this shit
You're only playin the phuckin Pars
Baet them and git it right up Raiths arse.

Very poetic indeed Billy 🤣🤣

27/1/2024 8:07 pm  #28

3 league defeats in a row for raith and we’re 1 point ahead, incredibly poor all down to the awful home form.

27/1/2024 9:40 pm  #29

0 = > 90mins ....zzzzzz
90 => 95mins ..thriller

Walton - rarely gets a mention - 1 or 2 great stops, hate to think if we'd gone a goal behind.
Graham - MOTM solid at back, some lovely long raking balls.
Watt - lazy.
Wotherspoon - once he develops understandings he'll be  a good signing, difficulty being he's no got long to do it.
Grieve -- made a difference when he came on.
Tillson - wtf is that man even doing on the bench, far less bring him on at stage in game when you want to make some positive impact.
All up we look disjointed, we're never going to beat teams who put 10 behind the ball if we lack guile and the ability to string passes together.

... Oh aye, corners, 11 or 12 I counted result zippo, nada, no even a threat. Concentrate on the ball in the back o' the net instead o' this 2 men pissing around at corner flag - predictable not to say pointless if corners miscued and no even hitting danger areas. - Give up on it Jim.   - Get 'Spoon loitering with intent on 18 yard line.  

... Geez we make life hard for ourselves.     ....Broken record.

Last edited by Shakey Isles Arab (27/1/2024 9:49 pm)

27/1/2024 11:14 pm  #30

Agree with most of the points highlighted in the posts above but the main take away for me and I will sound like a stuck record.

As per just about every home league game and also the Queens park game.

1-shoot for God's sake.
2-when the balls out for a corner, move yir fuckin arse. Stop fannying about and trudging over the quadrant.
3- Take risks in the final third, put it in the box rather than back to our half way line. It will go there anyway if they clear it.
4- If Tony Watt tells another player to calm down, sub him. We are at home, tell players to get going. Come on man!

As Barry Robson would say I was Frustrated,  we are like a fart in a trance at times. Countless sideways passes with no intent, take a risk , we don't care how many completed passes and percentage of the ball we have.

Thought Graham, Holt and Walton were decent, middle of the park OK.

Middleton, what is it with him? The boy he was up against was stinking, McMann strolled past him a few times by the lad. Middleton is capable of much much better.

Thankfully the next two league games are away from home.

Last edited by CCX2 2010 (27/1/2024 11:16 pm)

28/1/2024 12:46 am  #31

CCX2 2010 wrote:

Countless sideways passes with no intent, take a risk , we don't care how many completed passes and percentage of the ball we have.

Blame the Manager for that.

Teams tend to mirror their Gaffer and Goodwin was a player who was stuffy and tried to frustrate the opposition, his game was never about making anything positive happen. It's no wonder he's infatuated with Tillson.

I've heard him say more than once this season that he wasn't happy how little we 'kept the ball', these on days btw when we won convincingly (4-1 v QP springs to mind).

I couldn't care less if our possession stats are 20% if we are clinical in the final 3rd and defend well. Too many modern Manager's obsessed with stats and possession and 'recycling the ball'. All bollocks.

Football's a simple game. Get the ball wide, get crosses into the box, hunt in packs and get men in and around the box when on the attack. We are far too passive and safe.

More concerned about retaining possession, 'keeping our shape' and all that bollocks.

28/1/2024 10:08 am  #32

Everyone in the ground yesterday knew Kai and Tony needed to be subbed at half time but also everyone in the ground knew it would be a like for like substitutions as it is getting more and more obvious the manager has no plan B.
MOTM for me was Kevin as he atleast looked like he wanted to win the game.

29/1/2024 1:21 am  #33

Win our next 2 and we are 7 points ahead with 13 games left, mad.

More urgency in attack though ffs

29/1/2024 10:28 am  #34

I don't think I have ever seen a team so in control of a game create so few chances.  They were woeful bar a couple of decent players (left hand side of their defence in particular).  Neither Watt or Moult appear capable of leading the line and we seem totally devoid of ideas in the last third of the pitch.  Clearly running with the ball hasn't been part of training for a few weeks as I lost count of the numbers of time we lost control of the ball when trying to move with it.  (Watt looked like his laces were tied together).  They are clearly told not to shoot unless you know you can score.

My first time up to Tannadice for a few weeks and I have no idea why so many people want to sit in the cold watching that.  Sort it out Goodwin.

Last edited by Finn Seemann (29/1/2024 10:28 am)

Board footera