Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

09/1/2024 12:19 am  #1

ICT vs UTD - Friday 12th January - 7.45PM

If Gallagher and Docherty are still out then i think Goodwin really needs to mix things up a bit.

Should even consider going 3 at the back. And swamping the midfield.

09/1/2024 8:13 pm  #2

Re: ICT vs UTD - Friday 12th January - 7.45PM

we could be facing a right defence of freeman and graham and a midfield of tilson and grimshaw

11/1/2024 11:44 pm  #3

Courier reporting Declan Gallagher had surgery today on his groin problem and will be missing for a month.

Docherty and Moult also likely to miss out.

Thinking tomorrow could be bad.

12/1/2024 3:08 am  #4

Tek wrote:

Courier reporting Declan Gallagher had surgery today on his groin problem and will be missing for a month.

Docherty and Moult also likely to miss out.

Thinking tomorrow could be bad.

Yep, not great at all.

12/1/2024 12:51 pm  #5

Would be huge to get through tonight with 3 points.

15 days until next game when (hopefully) it’s just Gallagher missing. And time to bring a CH in.

2/3 from Watt Middleton Fotheringham & Greive should be enough. Obviously the CM situation is a worry

12/1/2024 1:25 pm  #6

Tillson is due us his best game in tangerine after getting himself stupidly sent off last time in Inverness. I think this is likely to be a tough one.  Pity the weather looks OK for the game going ahead...

12/1/2024 3:53 pm  #7

It’ll be Freeman RB, and Grimshaw / Tillson in CM.

Caley have injury worries too, and have just let their captain go.

12/1/2024 4:13 pm  #8

MockChop wrote:

It’ll be Freeman RB, and Grimshaw / Tillson in CM.

Caley have injury worries too, and have just let their captain go.

Sean Welsh? I wonder what happened there, he's been a bit of a stalwart up there. Sounds awful like a falling-out. Where there's Big Dunc there's always something happening.

12/1/2024 4:50 pm  #9

Walton

Grimshaw
Graham
Holt
McMann

Tilson

Fotheringham
Mochrie
Middleton

Watt
Greive

12/1/2024 10:29 pm  #10

It is completely unacceptable that Jordan tillson plays centre midfield for Dundee United, he’s on par with rabitsch, the players avoid giving him the ball, Dinna let him back on the bus leave him in the highlands with a number of others

Last edited by SuperMario (12/1/2024 10:29 pm)

12/1/2024 10:47 pm  #11

United win 1-0, Tony Watt in the 87th minute

Considering the injuries, that's a good result.

Well done to Ross Graham and the rwst of the team for keeping a clean sheet ip there, aslo good to see Archie meekison back fit and playing.

12/1/2024 10:54 pm  #12

Yessssss !!

12/1/2024 10:55 pm  #13

Absolutely massive win, stand by comments above.

Great celebration from watt 🤣

12/1/2024 11:08 pm  #14

Really poor performance but what a relief to nick the 3 points at the end.  Only Walton and Holt get pass marks for me, which is pretty shocking.  Good to see Meekison back.  A much needed fortnight off now.

12/1/2024 11:15 pm  #15

Brilliant spirit shown by the lads, I doubted them a bit before the game but that's the results that win you titles.

15 days before the next game and hopefully time to get some of our key personnel back.

Missed Sibbald massively in the middle but I disagree with Super Mario, I thought Tilson fought well in the middle and competed very well. Granted he is not the guy who will split open a defence or bang it in the net from 30 yards but on that pitch tonight he done well. Fought for everything and looks like he is also injured☹️.

Great 3 points and couldn't care less about the performance.

12/1/2024 11:15 pm  #16

Wasn’t pretty at all but what a win. That will be massive come the end of the season.

Hopefully the lads get a few days off and everyone gets back to 100% minus Gallagher for the Dunfermline game on the 27th.

12/1/2024 11:24 pm  #17

That has to be one of the worst games I've seen for a while. It looked to me like ICT went for almost a  3-7-0 formation.
Hopefully when we have Docherty , Sibbald & Wotherspoon available we can look back at the day we won with Tilson &Mochrie in Midfield as a championship winning result.

12/1/2024 11:30 pm  #18

I really feared this one. I thought bearing in mind we had a hugely depleted squad and had conceded three, at home, last week, it was an immense result. To win “ugly” away, demonstrates for the first time, grit within the squad. I thought Tillson did everything asked of him.

12/1/2024 11:58 pm  #19

Tillson cleared that header off the line. He's not there and we're 1-0 down.

With the boys missing that we had, I'd have taken a draw before the game. With a second-choice midfield, a left-footed CB on the right and missing our top scorer, we held them to two decent efforts on target and Goodwin made the tactical switch that let us open them up. I was sceptical when Archie was the sub coming on as he can't be close to match fit, but he brought that bit of quality and composure in our link-up play that had been missing.

Greive was a thorn in their side for an hour. Never stopped running, making a nuisance of himself and not giving their back line time on the ball. Drew quite a few fouls and the ref actually gave one of them. Decent debut.

Delighted for Ross Graham to be in the team for a clean sheet, after his last 2 or 3 starts. Thought he looked pretty solid all night.

Walton's kicking is shocking.

Continually going backwards with the ball certainly reduces their possession and will reduce the opportunities they have to create chances, but Jesus it's painful to watch.

I'd give the players 3 or 4 days off now, I think.

13/1/2024 2:22 am  #20

Bottom line: 3 points, more pressure one Raith.
Dreary game - both sides a mirror image of one another until Watt ripples the net (again.)

Tillson a boo boy amongst some - again bottom line - in the right place to head off the line for that. 
Would have preferred Glass in there but he wasnae that bad.

Kiwi lad you can rely on to be tireless.

Was a stonewaller, but so was Holt's last week.

2 weeks off couldn't have come at a better time to recover from injuries and mebbe augment the squad.

Sibbald badly missed and still out another week ?

All good result well ground out.

Edit - loved the wee bit Watt niggle after goal, good commitment, what we've been looking for.

Last edited by Shakey Isles Arab (13/1/2024 3:59 am)

13/1/2024 3:29 am  #21

HUGE WIN.

Ok, granted, it was probably about the worst we've played all season, but considering we were missing the entire spine of the team in Gallagher, Docherty, Sibbald and Moult then you just have to be happy with the clean sheet and win on a bitterly cold night in the Highlands.

Takes us back top and puts a wee bit of pressure on Raith now. First time they've not been top for a few weeks.

Players get a few days rest now and it is coming at a very good time. Hopefully get two or three back for a fortnights time and at least one more signing.

13/1/2024 8:15 am  #22

We now have Gallagher, Sibbald, Doch, Archie, Wotherspoon and Moult coming back to that squad. 6 strong players that massively improve our squad.

Our bench will look considerably stronger too wirh Greive, Tillson and Kai dropping down.

13/1/2024 1:33 pm  #23

RogerTheAlien wrote:

We now have Gallagher, Sibbald, Doch, Archie, Wotherspoon and Moult coming back to that squad. 6 strong players that massively improve our squad.

Our bench will look considerably stronger too wirh Greive, Tillson and Kai dropping down.

Hopefully a right sided center back that can also cover RB too

13/1/2024 1:36 pm  #24

Would also like to say a rare ‘well done’ to the referee last night.  Didn’t rush to produce yellow cards in what was a scrappy game and played a good advantage for our goal when I think Fotheringham was fouled in the build up.

13/1/2024 5:16 pm  #25

RogerTheAlien wrote:

Would bench Middleton before Kai.

Board footera