Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

19/12/2023 12:43 am  #1

Queens Park vs Dundee United - Friday 22nd December

United's first trip to Hampden since the Scottish Cup Semi Final against Hibs at Hampden in 2021, a totally forgettable day with no fans in attendance and an insipid Utd performance delivered.

First game against Queens Park at Hampden in 60 years.

Quite simply a must win game against the Championship's current bottom side.

What is your XI?

19/12/2023 11:52 am  #2

Re: Queens Park vs Dundee United - Friday 22nd December

Walton
Grimshaw Gallagher holt mcmann
Doch sibbald
Kai watt Middleton
Moult

If doch and watt not fit

Walton
Freeman Gallagher holt mcmann
Grimshaw sibbald
Cudjoe Middleton Kai
Moult

19/12/2023 11:58 am  #3

QP on a really bad run I'd like us to go a bit more attacking and get the ball down and play. assuming doch not playing

Walton
Mochrie sibbald
Kai watt Middleton
Moult

19/12/2023 4:45 pm  #4

SuperMario wrote:

Walton
Doch sibbald
Kai watt Middleton
Moult

If doch and watt not fit

Walton
Grimshaw sibbald
Cudjoe Middleton Kai
Moult

That's what I'd play as well. Both.

Too much commotion

19/12/2023 10:01 pm  #5

lifesanocean wrote:

SuperMario wrote:

Walton
Doch sibbald
Kai watt Middleton
Moult

If doch and watt not fit

Walton
Grimshaw sibbald
Cudjoe Middleton Kai
Moult

That's what I'd play as well. Both.

Me too.

If there is anything in this Watt rumour i don't think we will see him much before January. Might not want to risk him getting injured and the swap deal falling through.

If it's true that is.

20/12/2023 10:06 am  #6

If Watt is going, has Goodwin lost the dressing room?  I've always been concerned that Goodwin has outwardly been his biggest fan whilst anyone that watches football can see he is a lazy b.  Either Goodwin has been bluffing all along (and people on the inside know that) or he is clueless.

20/12/2023 10:49 am  #7

Finn Seemann wrote:

If Watt is going, has Goodwin lost the dressing room?  I've always been concerned that Goodwin has outwardly been his biggest fan whilst anyone that watches football can see he is a lazy b.  Either Goodwin has been bluffing all along (and people on the inside know that) or he is clueless.

I dont think he has lost the dressing room I just think Watt is a bit shit and with him being on such a big wage the club are keen to get him off the books.

If we get rid of Watt we can get 2 quality players in

20/12/2023 11:16 am  #8

Finn Seemann wrote:

I'd love to watch your press conferences if you were our manager.

"Yeah Watt is a bit useless, and he costs us an arm and a leg.  I'm not sure what to do with him, to be honest, I think Ashgar only bought him because he wanted to learn how to setup a YouTube channel.  I hope someone buys him the next time the transfer window opens".

20/12/2023 12:52 pm  #9

did anybody notice Watt shrugging his shoulder to the stand when he was warming up on Saturday ? 

A team player dosnt do that IMO

20/12/2023 1:20 pm  #10

nomad wrote:

Finn Seemann wrote:

I'd love to watch your press conferences if you were our manager.

"Yeah Watt is a bit useless, and he costs us an arm and a leg. I'm not sure what to do with him, to be honest, I think Ashgar only bought him because he wanted to learn how to setup a YouTube channel. I hope someone buys him the next time the transfer window opens".

Haha, but slightly missing the point.  Clearly I understand why Goodwin bums him up (although the extent of it I'm not convinced) - my point is everyone else in the dressing room is either in on the amateur psychology, or, more likely, they are also wondering why the useless tosser appears to continue to contribute the square root of feck all and still the manager eulogises over him and plays him if he's 'fit'.  

I invited him, verbally, to GTF at Spartans and my view has not been changed by Goodwin's misplaced praise.

20/12/2023 4:54 pm  #11

Wonder if oor ticket allocation will exceed the SSB on Sunday. Surely we'll get mair than 20,000.

20/12/2023 8:41 pm  #12

Finn Seemann wrote:

No, don't believe Goodwin has lost dressing room.  I think you're mebbe being a bit rhetorical in putting that one out there Finn ?

Whilst I'm no party to what's going on on the inside, I do think it's pretty clear from body language, respect shown to Goodwin, workrate, disappointment shown by players - in a word, sweat suggests otherwise. - The question's premature at this stage, although getting back to winning ways is a must.
Problem 1 being I would exclude highest paid member of the dressing room compliment from that statement - it's crystal.   Goodwin already knows it, part of why Watt's already a bit part, unhappy player - when we're crying out for a striker.
Problem 2 being losses - leaves all glum to say the least.

As to whether Goodwin has been bluffing all along with Watt ?    I think he was yes, I think he hoped in that way he'd get more out of him , I think he thought better the devil you know.    ... Clearly the penny dropped lang syne, he's a splinters man who still has frustrating flashes of the mercurial about him , but it's a long time since vice captain role was anywhere near him.

So what to do with the lazy bastard becomes the question ?   Seems like he's trying to get rid - good, although I'll believe that when it happens.  To me he needs to give the young Stirton a bit more of a run. I'd like to see Watt as far from the dressing room as possible - he seems to be either the happy joker ot trouble. But what can he do until Jan 1 at the earliest given our sparse resources up front is clear.  Goodwin has the juggling act of getting rid before he can buy in which if rumours are true he's addressing.

And Goodwin is certainly not clueless - unlike previous administration who left him a fecking pariah in the first place.

Last edited by Shakey Isles Arab (20/12/2023 8:43 pm)

20/12/2023 11:17 pm  #13

Walton

Grimshaw
Gallagher
Holt
McMann

Doch
Sibbald
Mochrie

Kai
Moult
Middleton

They’re shit. We should be going at the cunts.

21/12/2023 10:32 am  #14

Shakey Isles Arab wrote:

Finn Seemann wrote:

No, don't believe Goodwin has lost dressing room.  I think you're mebbe being a bit rhetorical in putting that one out there Finn ?

Whilst I'm no party to what's going on on the inside, I do think it's pretty clear from body language, respect shown to Goodwin, workrate, disappointment shown by players - in a word, sweat suggests otherwise. - The question's premature at this stage, although getting back to winning ways is a must.
Problem 1 being I would exclude highest paid member of the dressing room compliment from that statement - it's crystal.   Goodwin already knows it, part of why Watt's already a bit part, unhappy player - when we're crying out for a striker.
Problem 2 being losses - leaves all glum to say the least.

As to whether Goodwin has been bluffing all along with Watt ?    I think he was yes, I think he hoped in that way he'd get more out of him , I think he thought better the devil you know.    ... Clearly the penny dropped lang syne, he's a splinters man who still has frustrating flashes of the mercurial about him , but it's a long time since vice captain role was anywhere near him.

So what to do with the lazy bastard becomes the question ?   Seems like he's trying to get rid - good, although I'll believe that when it happens.  To me he needs to give the young Stirton a bit more of a run. I'd like to see Watt as far from the dressing room as possible - he seems to be either the happy joker ot trouble. But what can he do until Jan 1 at the earliest given our sparse resources up front is clear.  Goodwin has the juggling act of getting rid before he can buy in which if rumours are true he's addressing.

And Goodwin is certainly not clueless - unlike previous administration who left him a fecking pariah in the first place.

Indeed.  I think Goodwin's praise was due to knowing that he was stuck with him until 2024 (January hopefully) and therefore trying to make the best of a bad hand, but the reality is that he's always going to be a waste of space and it looks like Goodwin has admitted defeat.  The club's biggest jobs in January are moving on the Joker and Spaghetti Hands.  If we can manage that then we might just get the player that will win us the league.  Basically two hangovers from the summer and the pinnacle of the inept recruitment of the Fat Controller.

The depressing thing is that we should be strolling through this league, but the Asghar years are still holding us back and will do for a few years yet.

21/12/2023 11:55 am  #15

Doch out again.

21/12/2023 11:58 am  #16

RogerTheAlien wrote:

Doch out again.

do we need 2 CDM's against QP ?

21/12/2023 3:22 pm  #17

dufc2019 wrote:

RogerTheAlien wrote:

Doch out again.

I wouldn’t say so but Goodwin likes two holders. I’d prefer playing the team more attacking against QP.

Last edited by RogerTheAlien (21/12/2023 3:23 pm)

21/12/2023 4:17 pm  #18

RogerTheAlien wrote:

dufc2019 wrote:

RogerTheAlien wrote:

Doch out again.

I wouldn’t say so but Goodwin likes two holders. I’d prefer playing the team more attacking against QP.

I think its fine when we have doch but when its Tilson your a man down in the playing football dept.

22/12/2023 9:35 pm  #19

45 minutes of utter dug shit.

22/12/2023 10:05 pm  #20

Can only hope Cudjoe and Watt are away in january. Fucking hopeless.

22/12/2023 10:49 pm  #21

CCX2 2010 wrote:

45 minutes of utter dug shit.

Make that 90

22/12/2023 10:50 pm  #22

Time to go Jim. Sort this before it’s too late.

22/12/2023 11:10 pm  #23

RogerTheAlien wrote:

100%.
Saw him arguing with the fans on the way up the tunnel, once the fans turn - it’s curtains.

22/12/2023 11:34 pm  #24

WeeDude_83 wrote:

RogerTheAlien wrote:

100%.
Saw him arguing with the fans on the way up the tunnel, once the fans turn - it’s curtains.

Yep, needs to fuck off. Unfortunately I doubt we can afford it so probably stuck with the useless cunt.

22/12/2023 11:41 pm  #25

WeeDude_83 wrote:

RogerTheAlien wrote:

100%.

I think you might be right.

I have to admit that I was a Goodwin, fan, but being beaten by two lower league teams, he really needed a result last Saturday. There seems to be no “b” plan. With Moult off the boil, Watt looking like a passenger, there is no one else to fill the void. Confidence looks fragile. Would Ogren do it, though?

Board footera