Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

15/12/2023 12:18 am  #1

Utd v Raith - Saturday 16th December

What would be your starting XI for Saturday?

15/12/2023 7:39 am  #2

Re: Utd v Raith - Saturday 16th December

Don’t like to change a winning team so the same team as last week but wouldn’t be surprised if Tony starts.

15/12/2023 9:37 am  #3

BMT wrote:

Don’t like to change a winning team so the same team as last week but wouldn’t be surprised if Tony starts.

Heard Watt might be a doubt to start

15/12/2023 10:46 am  #4

Going to stick my neck out here.  I'd play Tilson alongside Docherty and Sibbald in the middle of the park.  We lost too much ball in the middle of the park at Starks Park which played into their hands.  Middleton, Moult and Fotheringham up top and the usual defence.  Keep our unbeaten record and we will win this league.

15/12/2023 11:10 am  #5

Finn Seemann wrote:

Going to stick my neck out here.  I'd play Tilson alongside Docherty and Sibbald in the middle of the park.  We lost too much ball in the middle of the park at Starks Park which played into their hands.  Middleton, Moult and Fotheringham up top and the usual defence.  Keep our unbeaten record and we will win this league.

yeah we would probably win the ball a bit more but we wouldn't be able to string 3 passes together 

15/12/2023 1:09 pm  #6

Issue is that none of Watt, Glass, Mochrie, Meekison or Cudjoe appear to be able to pass consistently either.  

15/12/2023 4:31 pm  #7

My prediction for tomorrows game is a cheeky 2-1 win for Utd.  Moult and Middleton.  Not sure if this is the correct thread or not, but didn't want to start another for the sake of it.  I won't be on again until next week, so can this be accepted as my prediction?

Oooooohhhh yeeeeeaaaaaah!!

15/12/2023 4:49 pm  #8

Macho Man wrote:

My prediction for tomorrows game is a cheeky 2-1 win for Utd.  Moult and Middleton.  Not sure if this is the correct thread or not, but didn't want to start another for the sake of it.  I won't be on again until next week, so can this be accepted as my prediction?

Yes 👍

15/12/2023 5:24 pm  #9

2-1 United

15/12/2023 8:55 pm  #10

dufc2019 wrote:

BMT wrote:

Hearing Watt definitely not playing tomorrow and he's NOT injured.

Also Docherty injured again, as is Glass.😔

15/12/2023 8:59 pm  #11

Tek wrote:

dufc2019 wrote:

BMT wrote:

Yeah all 3 out. But heard Watt was injured…?

Expect team that started v Ayr with Tillson in for Docherty.

16/12/2023 12:05 am  #12

100 tickets left in George Fox

Jerry Kerr now open to United fans too

16/12/2023 1:06 am  #13

Tek wrote:

dufc2019 wrote:

BMT wrote:

Fuck sake, this isn't looking great. Docherty made of glass, Glass made of marshmallow.

16/12/2023 10:45 am  #14

Tek wrote:

dufc2019 wrote:

BMT wrote:

Sakes, of all the games to choose.

16/12/2023 11:14 am  #15

only change from last weeks starting team is Tilson in for Doch and after the way he played that might not be a bad thing.

16/12/2023 1:33 pm  #16

dufc2019 wrote:

only change from last weeks starting team is Tilson in for Doch and after the way he played that might not be a bad thing.

Our bench will be absolutely weak as piss, not a single game changer if required.

16/12/2023 7:24 pm  #17

We were poor today but I still reckon a draw would have been a fair result.
Definitely need more strength in CM, 3rd stint for Butcher maybe.
I won't be joining those who booed the team of the park telling a few players to f##k off.
Away to buy tickets for Friday night at Hampden and try to get back to winning ways

16/12/2023 7:53 pm  #18

Stillliving wrote:

I won't be joining those who booed the team of the park telling a few players to f##k off.
Away to buy tickets for Friday night at Hampden and try to get back to winning ways

Agree, we weren’t great and need more creativity but wasn’t much in the game and a draw would have been fair.  Need new signings early January though, simple as that.

16/12/2023 8:48 pm  #19

Snacks94 wrote:

Stillliving wrote:

Agree, we weren’t great and need more creativity but wasn’t much in the game and a draw would have been fair. Need new signings early January though, simple as that.

too many punts upto Moult for a knockdown, he's not a target man. Also think Middleton is too 1 dimensional

16/12/2023 9:31 pm  #20

Gonna be blunt so dinna expect to hae any pals left by the end oe this.

It was a pretty even gehm in the 1st half, but the 2nd half, they were the better side. Their goal was comin. Ye could see that. But how was Easton no tackled or even challenged, or the shot no blocked.

Moult looked isolated till Watt came on. Lost coont oe the number oe times the ba went to him fae a Goal-kick, a drap-kick, or a pass. Moult won ah the haeders, but he haeded the ba to a player that wasna there, and it went straight to a Raith defender.

Canna believe we have yet anither key match, we a big crowd and its a let-down.

If ye canna score in 97 mins, how can ye expect to win the League, and Eh find that phuckin shockin. Eh ken its only the middle oe December, and we've got a gehm in hand, but we now hae to win 2 gehms mair than Raith.

Didna like Beatons performance the day, dinna like the chunt anyweh. eg. He gees a free-kick to Raith for a push, then twa mins later, Moult gets shoved
in the back, but nae free-kick fae Beaton.

MOTM for me Sibbald.

Last edited by Billy_Hainey (16/12/2023 9:32 pm)

16/12/2023 9:33 pm  #21

Horrendous watch again.

Players and manager deserved the reception they got at the end of the game, we’ve been terrible for a number of weeks now, raith weren’t great which has given me hope one bit of magic won the game.

Moult- my god his form has fallen of a cliff, worrying. See instead of his going wondering out on the wing where’s he’s completely ineffective, he should stay in the box where he’s his most dangerous. Hes not the only one whose form has dropped Middleton, Gallagher and mcmann all in particular.

Number of signings in January are needed.

16/12/2023 10:49 pm  #22

Not much between the sides in the first half then Raith were definitely the better team 2nd half and were the only team who were going to win it even though they didn’t create that much.Don’t know if it was because the Raith manager  sussed us out or we are not as good as we think we are. Could honestly say none of our players were any better than there’s. Totally disappointed in our wingers today who offered nothing. Looked like they wanted it more and the worrying thing is it didn’t look look like JG had any idea of how to change things to try and win the game as the subbies he made we’re like for like and brought nothing to the game. 4 points behind worrying times.

16/12/2023 11:37 pm  #23

BMT wrote:

Not much between the sides in the first half then Raith were definitely the better team 2nd half and were the only team who were going to win it even though they didn’t create that much.Don’t know if it was because the Raith manager  sussed us out or we are not as good as we think we are. Could honestly say none of our players were any better than there’s. Totally disappointed in our wingers today who offered nothing. Looked like they wanted it more and the worrying thing is it didn’t look look like JG had any idea of how to change things to try and win the game as the subbies he made we’re like for like and brought nothing to the game. 4 points behind worrying times.

Have you seen the state of our bench though? Said it before the game, we have absolutely no one that can come on and swing the game our way. Our bench is pathetic and this was the case back in August when we had the opportunity to do something about it. But the clown who holds the purse fucked it up again. All this chat about who we should sign is pointless, it will be another shite January window followed by us falling right off the cliff edge and staying down.

Last edited by Arabdownsouth (16/12/2023 11:38 pm)

17/12/2023 12:02 am  #24

First game ive managed to get to for a while but really disappointed by that performance today.

A real opportunity to put a bit of daylight between us and them and we just never turned up.

Felt the midfield created nothing, Moults form seems to have dropped off. Middletons corners were awful, needs to be doing extra practice on them in training or get someone else to take them.

We are so slow getting the ball up the pitch, lost count of the times we would move the ball down the wing and then take an age to whip the ball in meanwhile allowing Raith to get numbers back into the box, so frustrating to watch.

Goodwin should take note at how Raith on the break got the ball quickly up into our box that's what we should he doing instead of this ponderous passing in our own half 

Also this keeping two players in our box at goal kicks needs put in the bin.

17/12/2023 12:23 am  #25

We need a Simon Murray/Stevie May type of striker to partner Moult. This Moult flicking it on to nobody and him drifting out wide to create is leaving major gaps.

We need a creative player as well. Doch, Sibbald, Glass, Mochrie, Tillson and Cudjoe… not one of them has any real talent that could open up a defence. We need a Kris Commons esq signing like Hibs did against us. Someone that will drag this team.

Board footera