Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/12/2023 6:22 pm  #26

Re: January window, what do we need?

Stillliving wrote:

Tek wrote:

Jeando Fuchs.

Out of contract next Summer and only featured twice in the league for Peterborough this season.

Get him on loan in January. Massive upgrade on Tillson.

He's definitely better than Tilson. I wouldn't play him in front of Docherty or Sibbald though.
Anyone (if there is anyone) who comes in in January should be good enough to be a starter.

Could play all three and play a 4-3-3.

We need better quality throughout the squad and he definitely brings the team and squad quality up.

10/12/2023 6:25 pm  #27

10 goals already this season and out of contract in 18 months.

A wee 12 year extension for young Kia should be on the to do list for the club

10/12/2023 6:27 pm  #28

Fuchs is a decent shout however I think one or two will need to go first, the young Welsh boy should be desperate to get back home.

10/12/2023 6:31 pm  #29

CCX2 2010 wrote:

Fuchs is a decent shout however I think one or two will need to go first, the young Welsh boy should be desperate to get back home.

He is defo getting sent back in January, i heard.

10/12/2023 11:38 pm  #30

Tek wrote:

CCX2 2010 wrote:

He is defo getting sent back in January, i heard.

It must be part of the deal that he has to be in the match day squad. Sat on the bench for about 20 games and never set foot on the pitch.

11/12/2023 6:26 pm  #31

We should do what the old firm do and seek to take the best players from Raith and any other challengers with a view to getting them or unsettling them.

11/12/2023 8:36 pm  #32

Finn Seemann wrote:

We should do what the old firm do and seek to take the best players from Raith and any other challengers with a view to getting them or unsettling them.

Do we really have to sink that low? If we can't beat Raith rovers to the title then we are not good enough to go up anyway

11/12/2023 8:48 pm  #33

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Finn Seemann wrote:

Do we really have to sink that low? If we can't beat Raith rovers to the title then we are not good enough to go up anyway

Yeah the thought of a second season in the championship is a great one isn’t it. I agree with Finn. One I would take is wotherspoon from ICT. We need a backup for Moult. I believe he's on a short term contract.

Last edited by kdyteejay (11/12/2023 8:51 pm)

11/12/2023 9:05 pm  #34

kdyteejay wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Finn Seemann wrote:

Yeah the thought of a second season in the championship is a great one isn’t it. I agree with Finn. One I would take is wotherspoon from ICT. We need a backup for Moult. I believe he's on a short term contract.

Each to their own

11/12/2023 10:10 pm  #35

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Finn Seemann wrote:

Spot on. GMS Cifci Armstrong to name a few.
Was a shame  to see Benji's departure to get splinters in favour of a clown like Hart but thought he was a genuine squad enhancement for them.
Any Scottish player should go south out of the fishbowl.

Anyhow we can't afford to take players for negative reasons. First we need players who can enhance first team. Second we need good squad players. Third we need players like Doch, Holt, Gallacher, Walton, Grimshaw specifically to get us up. And in a perfect world players with sell on potential.

11/12/2023 10:16 pm  #36

Like we'll even sign anyone in January anyway

12/12/2023 12:06 am  #37

Finn Seemann wrote:

I’d agree with this

Not to unsettle but because we know those players can do a job in the division

Sam Stanton is looking a totally different player from when he was at United. Plus Dylan Easton is good though he’s 29

12/12/2023 3:59 am  #38

The old firm and everything they represent are everything that's wrong with Scottish football, and now folk want us to be like them.

It's no thanks from me.

12/12/2023 9:13 am  #39

LS Arab wrote:

Finn Seemann wrote:

I’d agree with this

Not to unsettle but because we know those players can do a job in the division

Sam Stanton is looking a totally different player from when he was at United. Plus Dylan Easton is good though he’s 29

i'd defo be on board with unsettling their players

12/12/2023 10:52 am  #40

Arabdownsouth wrote:

The old firm and everything they represent are everything that's wrong with Scottish football, and now folk want us to be like them.

It's no thanks from me.

My comment was intended to be a little tongue in cheek, but it is a competition.  If we can pick up a couple of solid additions whilst weakening our nearest rivals and building a squad for next season then that's just common sense.  We're getting to see these players week in week out and there are undoubtedly a few who could do a job for us.  

However it is a no to Sam Stanton.  Remember him disappearing in the 6-1 loss at Falkirk (bossed by Sibbald that day) and thinking he just didn't have enough strength for the top level.  That hasn't changed.  The boy Vaughan however looks like the type of player that would do well in our team.  4 ACLs though...

12/12/2023 11:03 am  #41

looking at the squad there is no competition for

RB/LB/CB/LW/CDM

That cant be a good thing

12/12/2023 11:20 pm  #42

Buying the best players from Raith is a good idea in theory, but they don't strengthen us, it weakens them.

Whilst i'm all for anything that wins us this league, lets just actually strengthen ourselves.

There's very few players at United that I have confidence in that can perform in the league above, so lets make sure we get this right in January.

"Don't F*cking ever offer me that again!"

12/12/2023 11:40 pm  #43

David_Blunkett wrote:

Buying the best players from Raith is a good idea in theory, but they don't strengthen us, it weakens them.

Whilst i'm all for anything that wins us this league, lets just actually strengthen ourselves.

There's very few players at United that I have confidence in that can perform in the league above, so lets make sure we get this right in January.

Agreed.

Of all there players i'd genuinely only take Stanton. And even then it would only be as a squad man, moving forward.

I don't think any improve us long term. Which has to be a focus this window (even in terms of pre-contracts).

13/12/2023 8:11 am  #44

I think how we perform on Saturday with nearly a full squad available for selection will tell us all we need to know about strengthening in January for next season. The weather looks good, the pitch looks in fantastic condition we know what we need to do so no excuses.

13/12/2023 8:34 am  #45

Sibbald has signed a new 1 year deal

13/12/2023 9:15 am  #46

David_Blunkett wrote:

Wasn't talking about actually buying them but unsettling them, wouldn't actually want any of them if we go up

13/12/2023 11:03 am  #47

David_Blunkett wrote:

Reality check required.  The chances of us bringing in players who are top league standard this January is simply wishful thinking.  All we will be able to do is pick up maybe one good youngster from the lower divisions that will take a gamble on us going straight back up for the chance to grow into a top league player next season and/or a couple of loan signings of players who are currently not cutting it in better leagues.  The latter either with a view to signing them up next season, or more likely developing them for someone else.

If anyone thinks we'll 'sort' the team for next season this window they are sadly deluded.  If we get up we'll strengthen in the summer, but again that will be around the edges.  We can't afford anything other than that.  Ogren and Asghar have rookied us for seasons - we'd better get used to it.

13/12/2023 11:05 am  #48

Tek wrote:

David_Blunkett wrote:

Agreed.

Of all there players i'd genuinely only take Stanton. And even then it would only be as a squad man, moving forward.

I don't think any improve us long term. Which has to be a focus this window (even in terms of pre-contracts).

Nobody of any use is signing a pre-contract with us until we are guaranteed promotion and as things are currently going that is going to be back end of the season.

13/12/2023 11:10 am  #49

SuperMario wrote:

Happy with that.  Seems he has triggered a contract clause to give him an extension which must mean he wants to be here.  That can only be positive.

Although whilst he has undoubtedly been one of our better players this year, he's probably only a squad player in the top league for the teams that we will be hoping to compete against.

13/12/2023 11:50 am  #50

Finn Seemann wrote:

SuperMario wrote:

Happy with that.  Seems he has triggered a contract clause to give him an extension which must mean he wants to be here.  That can only be positive.

Although whilst he has undoubtedly been one of our better players this year, he's probably only a squad player in the top league for the teams that we will be hoping to compete against.

I disagree i think he is a proper footballer, last season he was better then those 2 clowns that now start for hibs and aberdeen

Board footera