Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

22/11/2023 12:55 pm  #1

Qots vs Utd - Saturday 25th November

Hearing Jack Walton hasn't trained so far this week.

22/11/2023 1:03 pm  #2

Re: Qots vs Utd - Saturday 25th November

Docherty has trained so expect him back on Saturday. Can see Goodman go with him, sibald and glass in the middle

22/11/2023 1:41 pm  #3

dufc2019 wrote:

Docherty has trained so expect him back on Saturday. Can see Goodman go with him, sibald and glass in the middle

Glass did absolutely nothing to earn another start, nothing.

22/11/2023 1:43 pm  #4

Was Gallagher injured last week or rested?

22/11/2023 1:44 pm  #5

dufc2019 wrote:

Moult needs a start under his belt imo. I think we'll be back to usual front four. Queen of the south are terrible and their fans want Bartley out we really should be taking them to the cleaners on Saturday. 

22/11/2023 1:52 pm  #6

dufc5 wrote:

dufc2019 wrote:

Moult needs a start under his belt imo. I think we'll be back to usual front four. Queen of the south are terrible and their fans want Bartley out we really should be taking them to the cleaners on Saturday. 

Agreed.

Strongest XI possible on Saturday please.

No underestimating the opposition or taking it lightly.

22/11/2023 6:41 pm  #7

Tek wrote:

dufc5 wrote:

dufc2019 wrote:

Agreed.

Agreed. Whilst the league is the primary objective, all clubs will be fielding full strength teams in the Scottish Cup so I'm not totally against the risk for this one. Also we have to dream don't we, it's around about time we won something again.

22/11/2023 7:33 pm  #8

On the goalkeeper position, does anyone know the reason Jack Newman wasn't on the bench against Falkirk?

22/11/2023 7:35 pm  #9

kiwiarab wrote:

On the goalkeeper position, does anyone know the reason Jack Newman wasn't on the bench against Falkirk?

Away with Scotland under 21s

22/11/2023 9:13 pm  #10

Tek wrote:

Hearing Jack Walton hasn't trained so far this week.

Not surprised, as I mentioned in the Falkirk thread, he was limping badly after Morrison went through him.

I'd play our strongest team minus Docherty - he's too important for the league games to risk in a cup game on plastic.  

22/11/2023 10:26 pm  #11

Re Walton - if he's injured that just rubs salt in the wound of Friday's dismal performance. Certainly didn''t look good.
Feckn stupid unneccesary clattering he took.

Trying (stress trying) to move on and look at bright side.
- We did put out a threadbare/spineless looking side.
- If we had to end unbeaten run better in this irrelevant distraction cup.
- Surely players (excl Sibbald McMann Walton) should get combined arseholes, which may not be a bad thing ?
- Surely the penny has dropped re Watt and particularly him as captain.
- Pleased to hear Newman was in u-21's squad , hopefully able replacement.

That said I dread another game on plastic where you're torn between the imperative of winning and the importance of not picking up injuries.

Last edited by Shakey Isles Arab (22/11/2023 10:28 pm)

23/11/2023 12:10 am  #12

Shakey Isles Arab wrote:

Re Walton - if he's injured that just rubs salt in the wound of Friday's dismal performance. Certainly didn''t look good.

- Surely players (excl Sibbald McMann Walton) should get combined arseholes, which may not be a bad thing ?

That said I dread another game on plastic where you're torn between the imperative of winning and the importance of not picking up injuries.

Madness if he was kept on the pitch whilst injured in that joke of a competition but ends up missing vital games.

23/11/2023 12:22 am  #13

Shakey Isles Arab wrote:

Wtf is a combined arsehole? My mind is boggled 🤣🤣

23/11/2023 7:19 am  #14

Sorry mate, to give someboby arseholes = to rip into them, think JYM.

23/11/2023 8:10 am  #15

Shakey Isles Arab wrote:

Ah right, not a phrase I'm familiar with mate. I was going down the human centipede route 🤣🤣

23/11/2023 11:17 am  #16

Shakey Isles Arab wrote:

Me neither!  I've heard of giving someone their arse on a plate when they have in a sporting sense totally bossed them, but never giving someone arseholes.

That's a new on me Shakey.  

Last edited by Finn Seemann (23/11/2023 11:17 am)

23/11/2023 1:49 pm  #17

It's also possible for someone to tear you a new arsehole, so I guess if the new arsehole and the old arsehole are in very close proximity then they may well be considered a combined arsehole 😋

Well I think I've given far too much thought to this already so I'll leave it to any arsehole experts we may have? 🤣

23/11/2023 3:19 pm  #18

Tek wrote:

dufc5 wrote:

dufc2019 wrote:

Agreed.

I have a feeling Glass will start, Think Goodwin see's something not many other see's

23/11/2023 5:07 pm  #19

I've tried to see the best in Mochrie, Glass and Meekison, but there just seems to be something holding them back from being genuine first team players.  I think the next crop that are beginning to come through might have some exciting players, but I think the 3 mentioned above will all struggle to stay at this level and might even have to drop down a division to find their level.  Mochrie, Meekison and Glass have all been near the first team for a few years but none have really made me pay any real attention.

I'm not sure if it's been said before, but I get the impression they're all decent when in possession, but they don't appear to do that much when they don't have the ball.

Oooooohhhh yeeeeeaaaaaah!!

23/11/2023 9:03 pm  #20

23/11/2023 10:56 pm  #21

Arseholes ... must be an Australian/NZ thing       .... Centipedes don't think I'll be able to get that out of my head.

Moving along to Saturday, think we've got to move on from the angst of the other nights shitey team performance.  If we're singling out anyone it's got to be Watt.

The Meekison/Glass/ Mochrie thing:
Meekison: how much game time has he actually had to comment, Glass: does tend to drift in and out but for me there's an intelligent player there. Sometimes hes not given credit because he's moving into spaces and on two or three occasions he's tried audacioius long range chips when nothing else on. - Chips which if they'd sneaked in under the bar would have been pure class.  Mochrie: don't get this criticism at all, he's scored two or three vital goals and earned us two or three vital points.

And as a collective, agree or disagree, take them out of the squad and we're threadbare.  If you're no keen on them - tough tit, your'e stuck with them.

Last edited by Shakey Isles Arab (23/11/2023 10:59 pm)

24/11/2023 9:42 am  #22

Shakey Isles Arab wrote:

Meekison: how much game time has he actually had to comment, Glass: does tend to drift in and out but for me there's an intelligent player there. Sometimes hes not given credit because he's moving into spaces and on two or three occasions he's tried audacioius long range chips when nothing else on. - Chips which if they'd sneaked in under the bar would have been pure class.  Mochrie: don't get this criticism at all, he's scored two or three vital goals and earned us two or three vital points.

And as a collective, agree or disagree, take them out of the squad and we're threadbare.  If you're no keen on them - tough tit, your'e stuck with them.

Why are Mochrie and Meekison not getting much game time?  There has to be a reason.

The fact they're behind Glass in the pecking order speaks volumes to me - Glass being a player who previously couldn't get much game time when punted out on loan to lower league teams.

I'm not taking away from their small contributions that they have made this season, but these guys are now in their early 20's and have not made an impact despite being around the first team fringes for what seems like  long time.  Maybe these guys are just not good enough and the only reason they are still getting a chance is sentimentality - i know I've been previously guilty of holding out hope that a youngster makes the breakthrough when all the signs point to that never being likely to happen.

If they make it then I'll happily accept the pus shutter that I deserve.  I just can't see how these players go from mediocre bit part championship players to first team players in (hopefully) the Premiership.

Oooooohhhh yeeeeeaaaaaah!!

24/11/2023 10:22 am  #23

Macho Man wrote:

Shakey Isles Arab wrote:

Why are Mochrie and Meekison not getting much game time?  There has to be a reason.

The fact they're behind Glass in the pecking order speaks volumes to me - Glass being a player who previously couldn't get much game time when punted out on loan to lower league teams.

I'm not taking away from their small contributions that they have made this season, but these guys are now in their early 20's and have not made an impact despite being around the first team fringes for what seems like  long time.  Maybe these guys are just not good enough and the only reason they are still getting a chance is sentimentality - i know I've been previously guilty of holding out hope that a youngster makes the breakthrough when all the signs point to that never being likely to happen.

If they make it then I'll happily accept the pus shutter that I deserve.  I just can't see how these players go from mediocre bit part championship players to first team players in (hopefully) the Premiership.

Meekison being injured is probably affecting his game time 🤔

24/11/2023 11:22 am  #24

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Macho Man wrote:

Shakey Isles Arab wrote:

Meekison being injured is probably affecting his game time 🤔

he does seem to pick up injuries easier, lasted 1 game at Falkirk very slightly built his legs are like toothpicks. Heard he is out till new year this time.

Last edited by dufc2019 (24/11/2023 11:22 am)

24/11/2023 11:54 am  #25

I'm guessing this season is make or break for Glass.  He's 23 and needs to be showing he can be a permanent fixture in the first team squad.  I'm not sure he's going to make the step up to the Prem, but I thought that about Blair Spittal too and he'd walk into our team at the moment.  

Meekison and especially Mochrie have a couple of years to step up.  If it hadn't been for the Asghar insistence on putting any youngster who could trap a ball in the shop window then we wouldn't have seen these boys as early as we did.  As it happens, because of Asghar, we think they have been around for years.  Mochrie looks a player to me and for me has the physical attributes to make a decent career of it.  Meekison I'm not sure.  Glass for me has reached his level.

The simple reality is that despite the Academy bullshit bingo from Asghar, we haven't produced a real star who is going to make it big.  There appear to be no Armstrongs, Mackay Stevens, Robertsons or Gaulds waiting in the wings.  Maybe we just have to accept that the Spittal's of this world are as good as we are going to get and maybe we need to embrace them a little more than we do and not expect to see Gauld like wonder performances from the kids.

Board footera