Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

17/11/2023 10:20 pm  #26

Re: Falkirk vs Utd - SPFL Trust Quarter Final

Like the look of the Falkirk right back Yeats.

17/11/2023 10:23 pm  #27

My god this has been absolutely murder, not one player has pass marks.

17/11/2023 10:37 pm  #28

Complete shite.

17/11/2023 10:40 pm  #29

We were absolutely stinking tonight. Miles off it all over the park . Graham on the 3rd and Holt on the 4th is defending that would be seen in Sunday morning leagues.
A complete lack of f##ks given by a disinterested team.
I've long had my doubts about Glass but that was the final straw, he is simply not good enough.

17/11/2023 11:00 pm  #30

Everyone was poor, but how Glass lasted 90 minutes I have no idea

17/11/2023 11:02 pm  #31

Snacks94 wrote:

Worries me that Jim couldn't see that.

17/11/2023 11:35 pm  #32

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Snacks94 wrote:

Worries me that Jim couldn't see that.

Game was gone rather he took sibbald aff than him.

18/11/2023 12:05 am  #33

Phuckin shockin.

18/11/2023 1:39 am  #34

dufc2019 wrote:

morrison the winger is good on his day

Tore us apart tonight.

18/11/2023 1:51 am  #35

Stillliving wrote:

I've long had my doubts about Glass but that was the final straw, he is simply not good enough.

Sadly, this is where i'm at too. Defended the wee man for ages and hoped he would come good, it's just not happening. And i've also came to the same point with Ross Graham. It's like his first 6 months at the club was some mad dream. The past 18 months though he has proven consistently to just not be good enough, even at this level.

And i hate to seem reactionary, but based on tonight i would have serious concerns about Mochrie too. He was awful.

We learned a lot tonight. not just about the team but certain players.

Tillson - Comes on when we are 2-1 up. 5 minutes later we are 4-2 down. Obviously not all his fault but symbolic for me of what he brings to the team. Not one tackle flew in btw in that mad 5/6 minute period where they blitzed us. That is meant to be his remit. Surely?

Graham - All over the place positionally and just looks slow at times.

Glass - Just weak as fuck and his passing (his supposed forte) was lousy.

Mochrie - Similar to Glass, just weak and ineffectual. Sloppy passing constantly too.

We all probably suspected the above. A wee bit more worrying for me was the performances of.

Holt - By miles his worst game for Utd and looked all over the place at times tonight alongside Graham.

Grimshaw - Got roasted off of Callum Morrison time and time again and done for pace.

Cudjoe - Just looks weak and tippy tappy again. Get the feeling his heads not at Utd.

Moult - Been really poor 3 games on the trot.

Middleton - Can't decide if his head went down early or if he chucked it. Either way he was God awful.

Bizarre comments from Goodwin too, saying the game was lost because we started so bad. Eh?

Yes, we started bad, but we were 2-1 up at half time. We lost because we never kicked a ball in the 2nd half and didn't look up for a fight.

Final thought on a rather gloomy night. 3 games in a row we have been poor. Three games Ross Docherty has been nowhere near. We miss him massively.

18/11/2023 2:30 am  #36

Tek wrote:

Stillliving wrote:

Sadly, this is where i'm at too. Defended the wee man for ages and hoped he would come good, it's just not happening. And i've also came to the same point with Ross Graham. It's like his first 6 months at the club was some mad dream. The past 18 months though he has proven consistently to just not be good enough, even at this level.

And i hate to seem reactionary, but based on tonight i would have serious concerns about Mochrie too. He was awful.

Tillson - Comes on when we are 2-1 up. 5 minutes later we are 4-2 down. Obviously not all his fault but symbolic for me of what he brings to the team. Not one tackle flew in btw in that mad 5/6 minute period where they blitzed us. That is meant to be his remit. Surely?

Mochrie - Similar to Glass, just weak and ineffectual. Sloppy passing constantly too.

We all probably suspected the above. A wee bit more worrying for me was the performances of.

Holt - By miles his worst game for Utd and looked all over the place at times tonight alongside Graham.

Grimshaw - Got roasted off of Callum Morrison time and time again and done for pace.

Cudjoe - Just looks weak and tippy tappy again. Get the feeling his heads not at Utd.

Middleton - Can't decide if his head went down early or if he chucked it. Either way he was God awful.

Bizarre comments from Goodwin too, saying the game was lost because we started so bad. Eh?

Yes, we started bad, but we were 2-1 up at half time. We lost because we never kicked a ball in the 2nd half and didn't look up for a fight.

Final thought on a rather gloomy night. 3 games in a row we have been poor. Three games Ross Docherty has been nowhere near. We miss him massively.

Can't disagree with any of that tbh

18/11/2023 12:01 pm  #37

Can’t disagree with anything that’s been said about how bad Utd were and I’d like Utd to play with the desire, intensity and commitment Falkirk showed no matter who they are playing.

18/11/2023 5:49 pm  #38

Tek wrote:

Stillliving wrote:

Agree with 90% however your observations with Tilson are miles off imo.

The team had been brutal up until he came on and you can't blame him for the free kick or both CHs  gifting goals away.

I would agrue that we missed what Tilson has brought to the team was missed. Last night at the game it was very noticeable how quite we were on the pitch.

The players were hiding at times, throw ins were are drag (nobody showing for the ball and nobody wanted it).

Goodwin, as above should never have taken off Sibbald. He was our only midfielder looking remotely competent.

Finally for me, the biggest learning point was our captain on the night. This guy is an imposter and shouldn't wear it again, his lack of work rate and desire was like a disease though the team and reflected how we performed.

Watt was an absolute disgrace last night, he never broke sweat for me. When you wear that armband you need to lead from the front, the wee flicks do my nut in. Get your body spread and take the fuckin tackle-arrghh.

18/11/2023 8:47 pm  #39

Like watchin bairns playin against the Bairns.

18/11/2023 9:10 pm  #40

Watt was an absolute disgrace last night, he never broke sweat for me. When you wear that armband you need to lead from the front, the wee flicks do my nut in. Get your body spread and take the fuckin tackle-arrghh.

I’ve thought that for weeks and I’m struggling to think of a worse display from any forward of any team we have played against and thought the Falkirk forwards put his efforts to shame.

18/11/2023 9:37 pm  #41

CCX2 2010 wrote:

Finally for me, the biggest learning point was our captain on the night. This guy is an imposter and shouldn't wear it again, his lack of work rate and desire was like a disease though the team and reflected how we performed.

Took the words out of my mouth mate, Watt never a captain.  He's a joker no a leader. Football wise occasional occasional good hold up play, very occasional peach but generally spends his time rolling around on his erse - sets a shocking example. And this from the most overpaid player bought on the back on that one stunner at Fir Park and the misplaced hope that he'd be another Lawrence. 

No chance.

Beats me how Goodwin gives him the armband.
The only thing I can think on is after the supposed Mulgrew/Watt role in Ross departure Goodwin is keeping worst enemy close at hand, or mebbe he thought armband would bring out the best in him ? 

- Not working.

January can't come soon enough.

18/11/2023 10:07 pm  #42

Shakey Isles Arab wrote:

CCX2 2010 wrote:

Took the words out of my mouth mate, Watt never a captain.  He's a joker no a leader. Football wise occasional occasional good hold up play, very occasional peach but generally spends his time rolling around on his erse - sets a shocking example. And this from the most overpaid player bought on the back on that one stunner at Fir Park and the misplaced hope that he'd be another Lawrence. 

No chance.

Beats me how Goodwin gives him the armband.
The only thing I can think on is after the supposed Mulgrew/Watt role in Ross departure Goodwin is keeping worst enemy close at hand, or mebbe he thought armband would bring out the best in him ? 

- Not working.

January can't come soon enough.

Don't over excite yourself over January, when was the last time we had a good January window?

18/11/2023 11:38 pm  #43

BMT wrote:

I’ve thought that for weeks and I’m struggling to think of a worse display from any forward of any team we have played against and thought the Falkirk forwards put his efforts to shame.

I watched him closely last night and his head dropped massively after the third which was quite something considering he looked a beaten man from the first whistle.

Goodwin made a mistake not pulling him off last night, zero inspiration for the young men, arguing for lengthy spells with Middleton.  Just absolute shite all round from him, he should be running around like a stolen motor and leading from the front.

He goes down so easy, again looking for an easy option rather than standing up and getting a shot away. When he is fouled and he was last night you can't really blame refs for giving him fuck all.

Sibbald although not very vocal, never hides, always available,  puts in a shift, tackles and looks like it hurts when we lose goals.

19/11/2023 9:30 am  #44

BMT wrote:

I thought all the senior players were terrible on Friday.

19/11/2023 11:11 am  #45

Captain leads from the front no from hes erse.

19/11/2023 6:31 pm  #46

Tek wrote:

dufc2019 wrote:

Tore us apart tonight.

Yep, looks like a player definitely. One we ought to be looking at after that performance.

19/11/2023 7:31 pm  #47

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Tek wrote:

dufc2019 wrote:

Tore us apart tonight.

Yep, looks like a player definitely. One we ought to be looking at after that performance.

Dundee were looking at him last season

20/11/2023 4:21 am  #48

BMT wrote:

Like the look of the Falkirk right back Yeats.

Thought he looked very good too.

20/11/2023 4:30 am  #49

CCX2 2010 wrote:

Agree with 90% however your observations with Tilson are miles off imo.

The team had been brutal up until he came on and you can't blame him for the free kick or both CHs gifting goals away.

I would agrue that we missed what Tilson has brought to the team was missed.

And i subsequently agree with about 90% of your reply. Particularly regarding Tony Watt (though to me it was just his standard, lazy performance in my book).

But please do tell me, because i am genuinely none the wiser here.

What exactly does Jordan Tillson bring to the team?

20/11/2023 9:16 am  #50

If Docherty isn't fit and you have a choice of Tilson/Mochrie/Glass then for me it's Tilson.

Organising,  tackling and competing in midfield is better than Mochrie or Glass (its a low bar albeit) and when we have two sitters its Sibbaldand Tilson. You can't blame him for Friday. None of the goals from memory ( I ain't watching it back) we're his fault, and when he came on we were hanging on desperately.

Why did Goodwin put him on, because the other two (not Sibbald) can't do the defensive side as was shown on Friday.

Tilson for me is a stop gap until January where hopefully we can get someone better in but whilst he's here, if Docherty is out he should step in.

FWIW, Glass should replace Watt after that last week, he's not a 6 or an 8 for me.

Board footera