Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

13/11/2023 12:32 am  #1

Falkirk vs Utd - SPFL Trust Quarter Final

Game is live on ALBA at 7.40PM

Kai Fotheringham will be away on Scotland U21 duty.

Are Owen Stirton and Scott Constable also away or are they available?

Be good to have Ross Docherty back for what will be a tough game.

13/11/2023 2:47 am  #2

Re: Falkirk vs Utd - SPFL Trust Quarter Final

Tek wrote:

Ross Docherty should be nowhere near this game.

13/11/2023 4:12 am  #3

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Tek wrote:

Disagree.

Wouldn't have played a 90 in 3 weeks. Good time to bring him back.

Whatever you think of this tournament, Goodwin hasn't won a trophy in his Managerial career and clearly wants to win this one. I reckon he plays him.

13/11/2023 8:21 am  #4

Tek wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Tek wrote:

Disagree.

Whatever you think of this tournament, Goodwin hasn't won a trophy in his Managerial career and clearly wants to win this one. I reckon he plays him.

So you'd put this trophy above the Scottish Cup tie? Both games on plastic, absolute madness risking our injury plagued captain in this nonsense cup.

2 games back to back on plastic before a massive month of league action that matters more than anything else, crazy stuff.

Also, fuck Jim Goodwin’s CV mate, I care only about Dundee United.

Last edited by Arabdownsouth (13/11/2023 8:28 am)

13/11/2023 1:02 pm  #5

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Tek wrote:

His next game will be at Cappielow.

13/11/2023 2:33 pm  #6

dufc5 wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Tek wrote:

His next game will be at Cappielow.

And so it should be.

Agree with ADS, need him back but only when he has fuly recovered.

December will be crucial for us to try and shakeboff these pesky 6 fingered Fife's.

13/11/2023 11:04 pm  #7

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Both games on plastic, absolute madness risking our injury plagued captain in this nonsense cup.

2 games back to back on plastic before a massive month of league action that matters more than anything else, crazy stuff.

Time and again plastic trumps football and disadvantages away team.

14/11/2023 10:36 am  #8

Tek wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Tek wrote:

Disagree.

I’d play him but not the full 90.

14/11/2023 11:12 am  #9

Should be treated as just another game given it is being played on a weekend without a mid week game either side.  Full squad unless Goodwin wants to try a couple of things that he wouldn't risk in the league

14/11/2023 1:14 pm  #10

I’m going to trust Jim on who he picks  for this one as what ever team goes out should have enough about them to beat Falkirk and if not I’d be asking questions as to why not.

14/11/2023 1:17 pm  #11

Finn Seemann wrote:

Should be treated as just another game given it is being played on a weekend without a mid week game either side.  Full squad unless Goodwin wants to try a couple of things that he wouldn't risk in the league

I think thats the way he see's it

15/11/2023 11:54 am  #12

Read elsewhere that Goodwin said about Docherty 

“He is not a player who has ever been injury-prone so we want to make sure when he comes back, he is back for good.

“I certainly won’t be rushing him for Friday. If he feels that he’s good to go in the next couple of days, then we’ll make a decision. But the league is the priority for this season and we need to make sure we have Doc for the duration. We’ll be patient.”

Last edited by kdyteejay (15/11/2023 11:57 am)

15/11/2023 5:48 pm  #13

kdyteejay wrote:

“He is not a player who has ever been injury-prone so we want to make sure when he comes back, he is back for good.

“I certainly won’t be rushing him for Friday. If he feels that he’s good to go in the next couple of days, then we’ll make a decision. But the league is the priority for this season and we need to make sure we have Doc for the duration. We’ll be patient.”

Glad to hear it.

16/11/2023 2:50 am  #14

kdyteejay wrote:

Sensible.

If he is 100% though i would still play him, for an hour anyway.

Hasn't played a 90 for a few weeks, so good to get him back sharp.

Also, sounds like Declan Gallagher has picked up some kind of injury so we don't want the spine of the team too affected.

I know a lot of people don't care about this Cup and i totally get it btw, but not many Managers get the chance to win two trophies in a season. I reckon Goodwin see's this as a good opportunity to do so. And again, that looks good on any Manager's C.V.

16/11/2023 5:06 am  #15

Tek wrote:

kdyteejay wrote:

Sensible.

Also, sounds like Declan Gallagher has picked up some kind of injury so we don't want the spine of the team too affected.

I know a lot of people don't care about this Cup and i totally get it btw, but not many Managers get the chance to win two trophies in a season. I reckon Goodwin see's this as a good opportunity to do so. And again, that looks good on any Manager's C.V.

It's not just that I don't care about this cup, it's just that there is a far far more important objective this season and nothing but nothing should be getting in the way of that, least of all the managers CV.

16/11/2023 7:52 am  #16

Anyone know if seating is unallocated again?

16/11/2023 11:30 am  #17

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Tek wrote:

kdyteejay wrote:

Sensible.

It's not just that I don't care about this cup, it's just that there is a far far more important objective this season and nothing but nothing should be getting in the way of that, least of all the managers CV.

Yeah mate, you've said.

16/11/2023 2:11 pm  #18

Tek wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Tek wrote:

Sensible.

Yeah mate, you've said.

Yep, just reiterating the point that he should be nowhere near tomorrow nights squad, fit or not. Thankfully it sounds like the manager agrees.

16/11/2023 3:13 pm  #19

looks like its Mochrie Glass and Sibs, all ball players who want to play forward

16/11/2023 8:39 pm  #20

dufc2019 wrote:

looks like its Mochrie Glass and Sibs, all ball players who want to play forward

Be good to see that, Middleton, Watt and Cudjoe up front?

17/11/2023 9:18 am  #21

It will be interesting tonight. They have virtually an identical record to us this season in the league although one league lower than us. They have got home advantage and a plastic pitch though.

17/11/2023 9:22 am  #22

kdyteejay wrote:

It will be interesting tonight. They have virtually an identical record to us this season in the league although one league lower than us. They have got home advantage and a plastic pitch though.

They also have Coll Donaldson 🤣

17/11/2023 12:30 pm  #23

kdyteejay wrote:

I can see this being a very hard game if they put out their entire first team, we will have a strong team too but still 3/4 fringe players in. 

both teams will try and play football thou

17/11/2023 3:15 pm  #24

dufc2019 wrote:

kdyteejay wrote:

I can see this being a very hard game if they put out their entire first team, we will have a strong team too but still 3/4 fringe players in. 

Apart from Donaldson and Rab C I've never heard of a single player of theirs, not including the lad we have on loan there who I'm assuming won't be involved anyway.

17/11/2023 3:23 pm  #25

Arabdownsouth wrote:

dufc2019 wrote:

kdyteejay wrote:

Apart from Donaldson and Rab C I've never heard of a single player of theirs, not including the lad we have on loan there who I'm assuming won't be involved anyway.

morrison the winger is good on his day

Board footera