Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

29/10/2023 11:06 pm  #1

Airdrie vs Dundee United - Tuesday 31st October

A tough test for us on Tuesday night. They have had some decent wins at home this season against Dundee, Partick Thistle, ICT and Raith Rovers.

Hopefully we can keep the unbeaten run going if nothing else, but 3 points would again be massive.

Despite our form, Raith Rovers are hanging on our coat tails and waiting for a slip-up. Have to give them credit for that. Was a bit of a gutter them scoring a 93rd minute winner on Saturday. Hopefully Tuesday is a chance to put a bit of breathing space between us.

Same XI? Has to be.

30/10/2023 7:28 am  #2

Re: Airdrie vs Dundee United - Tuesday 31st October

Unless there are any injuries, got to be the same team.

I am hoping complacency doesn't creep in, after last two results. We need to go there and win the battles and get a result, momentum is key.

30/10/2023 9:29 am  #3

I think the way we are not letting up in games and pushing for 4, 5 and six goals (when the situation allows) should be reflected in the team selection, especially for games like this that could be a potential banana skin.  No let up, no dropping/resting players unless required.

Same 11, please

Oooooohhhh yeeeeeaaaaaah!!

30/10/2023 10:54 am  #4

Will Moult be risked on the plastic?

30/10/2023 11:18 am  #5

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Got to be at least 60 mins out of him, hopefully be ahead when he gets subbed.

31/10/2023 1:39 am  #6

Would take any kind of win. We’re top scorers across all 8 UK leagues (?) and let in the least(I think) yet still Raith could pull within a point if they win games in hand. Surely they’ll drop off at some point you would hope. 

It's not where you're from it's where you're at.

31/10/2023 11:26 am  #7

Arabdownsouth wrote:

No

31/10/2023 1:28 pm  #8

Arabdownsouth wrote:

You would think maybe coming on as a subbie if required just like the game against the Rovers.

31/10/2023 1:52 pm  #9

kdyteejay wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

You would think maybe coming on as a subbie if required just like the game against the Rovers.

yeah and hopefully not needed

31/10/2023 3:00 pm  #10

Does Moult have an injury that is likely to aggravated on a plastic pitch or are we possibly being over cautious?

31/10/2023 3:17 pm  #11

Macho Man wrote:

Does Moult have an injury that is likely to aggravated on a plastic pitch or are we possibly being over cautious?

I think he is managing him, thats 3 games in a week remeber

31/10/2023 6:13 pm  #12

I reckon Moult will start, and if we’re 2 up at half time then he’s hooked off for Cudjoe or the like and Watt goes up top

31/10/2023 8:30 pm  #13

One change - Moult is on the bench, Declan Glass starts

31/10/2023 11:09 pm  #14

What a result.

Raith want to feck aff 😂

31/10/2023 11:23 pm  #15

Understandably looked a wee bit flat, but lots of steady performances throughout.
Good to see Kai continuing scoring ways.
Edit: goood to see Walton come through good workout net unscathed.
MOTM Sibbald.

Last edited by Shakey Isles Arab (01/11/2023 12:11 am)

31/10/2023 11:29 pm  #16

Another solid professional performance tonight.

Walton with a great stop, Fotheringham with two goals,Middleton with another assist.

Agree with Shakey,.Sibbald was different gravy tonight.

Only negative was the Captain going off injured,hopefully it ain't to bad and we got him off before he got any worse.

Finally £4 for a pie, they need to give their heed a wobble. Robbin bastards.

31/10/2023 11:43 pm  #17

Thought Sibbald started quite slowly and have ball away couple of times but for the last hour he was absolutely superb.  Winning the ball back, gliding past players and driving the team on.  Really stepped up once Docherty had to go off.  Also thought that was Tillson’s best game - solid and kept things ticking over.  Didn’t think Fotheringham was great but not going to argue with two goals- think that’s 6 for the season now and 5 in the league, good few assists too.  Keeper and centre halves are the best in the league by a mile.  Good stuff Utd, not as swashbuckling as Friday but a very effective performance at a tricky venue. 3 points and up the road.

01/11/2023 3:28 am  #18

A cold night in North Lanarkshire, but another welcome win and 3 points.

Good to see Fotheringham score another two, but if i'm honest he was frustrating tonight. Quite wasteful often in the final third when we were in on goal. Though he wasn't the only one. Watt's two over weighted passes near the end criminal when Cudjoe was in for a simple finish both times. But perhaps i am being overly critical. It was after all another comfortable win, away from home, on plastic, and without our main man Moult.

Really disappointing to see Docherty go off injured yet again. To me there is a noticeable drop off in quality when Tilson is played in his position. It wont happen, but i'd rather Mochrie got a game beside Sibbald if Doc's unavailable.

Last word for Walton and the defence. All very solid. Gallagher and Holt strolled it.

Undefeated since mid-July and now in November. Not bad at all, long may it continue.

01/11/2023 5:08 am  #19

Another win, another clean sheet. I can forgive Kai for being wasteful if he bags a couple of goals all the same. Really would be nice if Raith could kindly fuck off though 🤣

01/11/2023 7:21 am  #20

Tek wrote:

A cold night in North Lanarkshire, but another welcome win and 3 points.

Good to see Fotheringham score another two, but if i'm honest he was frustrating tonight. Quite wasteful often in the final third when we were in on goal. Though he wasn't the only one. Watt's two over weighted passes near the end criminal when Cudjoe was in for a simple finish both times. But perhaps i am being overly critical. It was after all another comfortable win, away from home, on plastic, and without our main man Moult.

Really disappointing to see Docherty go off injured yet again. To me there is a noticeable drop off in quality when Tilson is played in his position. It wont happen, but i'd rather Mochrie got a game beside Sibbald if Doc's unavailable.

Last word for Walton and the defence. All very solid. Gallagher and Holt strolled it.

Undefeated since mid-July and now in November. Not bad at all, long may it continue.

I agree with everything you said there

01/11/2023 10:30 am  #21

Agree that Kai was not great apart from his goals but I honesty think the pitch was a factor on that.  A couple of times he got into good positions to take on the full back and he got the ball stuck in his feet.  Same for Doc, I think the pitch played a part in his knock and also noticed that Glass hurt himself when he tried to lob the keeper from the halfway line - his foot clearly got stuck in the "grass" when he did that.  Get these artificial pitches to fuck!

Anyway, a very professional performance at a tough venue and keeps the ball rolling.  Big Dunc seems to be turning ICT around so it will be another tough one but we have to look to win it.

01/11/2023 10:54 am  #22

SlatefordArab wrote:

Agree that Kai was not great apart from his goals but I honesty think the pitch was a factor on that.  A couple of times he got into good positions to take on the full back and he got the ball stuck in his feet.  Same for Doc, I think the pitch played a part in his knock and also noticed that Glass hurt himself when he tried to lob the keeper from the halfway line - his foot clearly got stuck in the "grass" when he did that.  Get these artificial pitches to fuck!

Anyway, a very professional performance at a tough venue and keeps the ball rolling.  Big Dunc seems to be turning ICT around so it will be another tough one but we have to look to win it.

I like Kai and his numbers at the end of the day are good but he is pretty poor on the ball at times

01/11/2023 11:43 am  #23

5 goals in 10 league games and 3 assists, so far this season.

According to the BBC he has the best goal to minutes played ration in the club.  Dundee United Top Scorers - BBC Sport

I don't care if he has the first touch of Fred West, if he keep that return up, then I'll be happy

Board footera