Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

13/9/2023 8:07 am  #1

Utd v Morton - 16th September

What team for Saturday?

13/9/2023 8:14 am  #2

Re: Utd v Morton - 16th September

On the basis that Sibbald and Docherty are both still out injured

Walton

Grimshaw
Holt
Gallacher
McMann

Cudjoe
Tilson
Glass
Fotheringham

Watt
Moult

I could be persuaded to drop Watt and play Fotheringham there with Middleton coming in to play out wide.

Last edited by Macho Man (13/9/2023 8:15 am)

Oooooohhhh yeeeeeaaaaaah!!

13/9/2023 9:38 am  #3

Macho Man wrote:

Walton

Grimshaw
Holt
Gallacher
McMann

Cudjoe
Tilson
Glass
Fotheringham

Watt
Moult

I could be persuaded to drop Watt and play Fotheringham there with Middleton coming in to play out wide.

is this the Team we think he will play or the Team we want him to play ?  as we dont play 4-4-2 im assuming its the later

13/9/2023 9:39 am  #4

Walton

Grimshaw
Holt
Gallacher
McMann

Tilson
Glass

Cudjoe
Watt
middleton

Moult

4-2-3-1 this is the team i think he will play, for me, i'd drop Middleton and watt being a big name shouldnt get you starts if your not performing but it seems to..

He wont Drop Watt thou in fear of how toxic he will get

Last edited by dufc2019 (13/9/2023 9:41 am)

13/9/2023 11:53 am  #5

Walton

Grimshaw, Holt, Gallagher and McMann

Docherty & Tilson

Cudjoe, Glass & Middleton

The King

13/9/2023 1:06 pm  #6

dufc2019 wrote:

Macho Man wrote:

Walton

Grimshaw
Holt
Gallacher
McMann

Cudjoe
Tilson
Glass
Fotheringham

Watt
Moult

is this the Team we think he will play or the Team we want him to play ?  as we dont play 4-4-2 im assuming its the later

its what I'd like to see us play as I'm a fan of 4-4-2.

Oooooohhhh yeeeeeaaaaaah!!

13/9/2023 7:38 pm  #7

Walton
Grimshaw Gallagher holt mcmann
Tillson glass
Cudjoe Middleton watt
Moult

13/9/2023 9:09 pm  #8

SuperMario wrote:

Walton
Grimshaw Gallagher holt mcmann
Tillson glass
Cudjoe Middleton watt
Moult

Sibbald and Docherty both training this week so plenty of options hopefully.

13/9/2023 11:43 pm  #9

Walton

Grimshaw
Holt
Gallacher
McMann

Cudjoe
Tilson
Glass
Middleton

Fotheringham
Moult

14/9/2023 1:16 am  #10

Checked the score the last time we played Morton at Tannadice.

Was just a few weeks before Covid hit.

January 25th 2020

1-1 draw

Lawrence Shankland 90th minute equaliser rescuing a point at the death.

Shows a bit how much the wheels came off that season, as we'd beat them 6-0 at Tannadice (going on 10) earlier in the season.

14/9/2023 11:52 am  #11

Going by the formation we’ve been using…
Walton
Grimshaw Gallagher Holt McMann
Tillson Glass
Middleton Kai Cudjoe
Moult

Watt needs dropped imo, so does Middleton but we’re a bit light in options and Middleton tracks back slightly more.

KTF

14/9/2023 11:53 am  #12

Tek wrote:

Checked the score the last time we played Morton at Tannadice.

Was just a few weeks before Covid hit.

January 25th 2020

1-1 draw

Lawrence Shankland 90th minute equaliser rescuing a point at the death.

Shows a bit how much the wheels came off that season, as we'd beat them 6-0 at Tannadice (going on 10) earlier in the season.

That 6-0 was funny. Seen the line up and formation knew it was 4231 and hated it. Thought we’d get beat off of that. Was wrong within 60 seconds 😂

KTF

14/9/2023 12:25 pm  #13

GFL wrote:

Walton
Tillson Glass
Middleton Kai Cudjoe
Moult

Watt needs dropped imo, so does Middleton but we’re a bit light in options and Middleton tracks back slightly more.

As I've said previously, Docherty and Sibbald both trained this week so maybe not that light on options, play Glass in number 10 role?

14/9/2023 1:59 pm  #14

Arabdownsouth wrote:

GFL wrote:

Walton
Tillson Glass
Middleton Kai Cudjoe
Moult

As I've said previously, Docherty and Sibbald both trained this week so maybe not that light on options, play Glass in number 10 role?

If either are fit I’d deffo push Glass up to drop Middleton. Cudjoe outwide Kai also outwide

KTF

15/9/2023 10:09 am  #15

Hopefully one of Doch or Sibbald can make it. If not i don’t mind Tillson and Glass.

Would like to see Kai in for Middleton.

15/9/2023 12:29 pm  #16

Walton

Grimshaw
Gallagher
Holt
McMann

Tillson
Glass

Cudjoe
Watt
Fotheringham

Moult

Too much commotion

15/9/2023 6:39 pm  #17

Think he’ll stick with Middleton as per. Fotheringham on from the bench.

16/9/2023 1:54 am  #18

kdyteejay wrote:

Think he’ll stick with Middleton as per. Fotheringham on from the bench.

It’ll be the same team, likely do the job.
But a change would throw them off. I can’t even remember at the moment if he has a back up formation. Then again do we have the players to play one?

KTF

16/9/2023 5:50 pm  #19

People moan about Watt (unfairly IMO) but Glenn Middleton needs to get so far to fuck and when he gets there get so far to fuck again.

As for people clapping Cudjoe off and singing his name what an embarrassment. Boy cost us.

16/9/2023 5:58 pm  #20

I don't think the moans about Watt are unjustified, he's scored 5 goals for us. Moults on that many already and he's played what half a dozen games? Piss poor for a striker. He slows up everything.

Last edited by Rick Dagless (16/9/2023 6:01 pm)

16/9/2023 6:08 pm  #21

Good start from Utd , Scored the goal then dropped right out of it. Never seen so many fouls not given but Utd should be more than capable of beating a poor Morton side. Thought the keeper should have come for the ball when Kevin was stretching to get a header on it for their goal. Louis dropping deep for the ball is a waste especially when Tony is just strolling around offering nothing for the team, I think Jim has been more than generous giving him the benefit of doubt and time for something different now as they can’t be much worse.

16/9/2023 6:56 pm  #22

Shocked beh the result, Was expectin 3 points the day. We never really pushed hard enough for a 2nd.

Didna think much oe Morton. Was enjoyin the gehm until the panto in the box gave Greengables thir goal. What a phuckup between Walton, Holt and Gallacher. Hae to see it again. Phuckin gift oe a goal.

That shitbag was fouling Cudjoe the ah thru the gehm. He got away we murder. and nothing the Ref did phuck all aboot it. No surprehsed that he got a crack. Cudjoe musta been gettin seek oe it.

The Bullsh1t Broadcasting Channel says we had 1 shot on target. Ay ? We scored in the 1st half, and we had atleast 1 cleared aff the line in extra time.

When we went doon to 10, Eh thought the gehm was goin doon the tubes, but TBH lost coont oe the number oe chances we had in extra time.

Ref was a useless chunt. Lost control oe the gehm totally.
Twa penalties. I mean, ye canna grab a boy in the box and haul him doon. Well ye could we this Ref.
Twa fouls in a row on the left wing, right efter ain anither, and he disna bla fir any oe them. Then he gees a free-kick to them. Total pr1ck.

And WTF was the Double booking in the Morton box ah aboot ?

Middleton shoulda been ta'en aff. Offered little the day.

MOTM for me Glass.

16/9/2023 6:58 pm  #23

A very frustrating afternoon where a 10 minute spell of madness cost us.

Never in any danger until we started chasing the ref looking for decisions we were never going to get.

Cannae blame Holt, Gallagher or Walton as its only the 2nd league goal we have conceded all season. Looking back I am sure the will be raging at the way the lost that one.

Positives for me, Tillson played well for the 90 and looks a decent addition for this level.

Glass looked decent for a spell in the 1st half but he needs to work on having that impact for longer and not drooping completely out of the game and being subbed. Good to see some of the promise coming through though.

McMann for me was MoM, decent game and a solid 8/10 for me.

Negatives

Like a stuck record but Watt needs to do more, some brilliant flashes and great we flick ons but he fell right out if the game for me.

Middleton,  christ I really want this guy to succeed but he needs to want it more. I feel as though he is hiding at times. Anyone else? Very lucky to get the full 90.

The manager should have had Fotheringham on earlier for Cudjoe who was anonymous for large parts today.

There will be more days like this to come this season but still confident we will win the league.

16/9/2023 7:10 pm  #24

Middleton was poor today but still significantly more effective than Cudjoe.
Glass crossed for the goal but contributed very little else.
I reckon Watt has lost a few kilos but unfortunately he also seems to have lost any ability he may have had.
This is not a particularly good UTD side so there will be many more frustrating days to come.

16/9/2023 10:10 pm  #25

Sat back and let them come at us, always dodgy at 1-0. Ref was a total knob but not unexpected. Middleton is a total passenger, get him out for Kai.

Board footera