Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

31/5/2023 7:22 am  #1

Summer Transfer Window Rumours - Thread

With us going into June in a few hours it's time to start the Summer Transfer Rumours thread.

Hearing David Wotherspoon from St.Johnstone is gaining a bit of legs Perth way.

31/5/2023 8:08 am  #2

Re: Summer Transfer Window Rumours - Thread

Tek wrote:

With us going into June in a few hours it's time to start the Summer Transfer Rumours thread.

Hearing David Wotherspoon from St.Johnstone is gaining a bit of legs Perth way.

unlike him then

31/5/2023 9:28 am  #3

There is a rumour doing the rounds of Allan McGregor coming in on a 1 year deal with a view to then becoming our goalie coach... 

31/5/2023 9:39 am  #4

Arabassy wrote:

There is a rumour doing the rounds of Allan McGregor coming in on a 1 year deal with a view to then becoming our goalie coach... 

No chance.

He absolutely hates us. And the feelings mutual.

31/5/2023 9:48 am  #5

Tek wrote:

Arabassy wrote:

No chance.

He absolutely hates us. And the feelings mutual.

He'd probably turn into Birighitti just to spite us 🤣

31/5/2023 9:58 am  #6

Arabassy wrote:

Not convinced he'd be any good as a coach. Wouldn't want my keepers to play with his attitude

31/5/2023 10:01 am  #7

Allan McGregor would be a cracking signing regardless of him being a wanker. No chance though.

31/5/2023 10:20 am  #8

I can see both sides if the McGregor thing.

First thought, this reeks of a Mulgrew situation where an old player wants another pay day, but is more interested in open goal stuff with his mates than united.

On the other hand, if it was a choice between Birighitti in goal and Hinchcliffe as coach, or McGregor for both roles, its an easy choice.

31/5/2023 11:58 am  #9

Not a rumour but I can see us going for Michael smith from hearts, fits the bill that Goodwin was speaking about after Motherwell in his presser

31/5/2023 12:06 pm  #10

SuperMario wrote:

Not a rumour but I can see us going for Michael smith from hearts, fits the bill that Goodwin was speaking about after Motherwell in his presser

Agreed. He is arguably better than both Smith and Freeman. Think he could be a good experienced head who could possibly bring Freeman's game on too - he has been far too inconsistent over the last few years. 

Also think we may take a look at Richard Tait at St Mirren - can play fullback on either side. He has also worked under Goodwin previously and enjoyed a good spell at St Mirren. 

Would love us to take a look at Omeonga, just released by Livi- always looked tidy against us. 

31/5/2023 12:50 pm  #11

Was just gonna say Richard Tait, solid at Motherwell and Goodwin signed him for St Mirren so you’d reckon Goodwin will be looking at him. Better than what we have and any other right back in the championship.

Matty Kennedy the winger also, appeared 26 times for Goodwin at Aberdeen this season in the league and cups, he’s already hinted at leaving so he may be another.

31/5/2023 2:16 pm  #12

RogerTheAlien wrote:

Was just gonna say Richard Tait, solid at Motherwell and Goodwin signed him for St Mirren so you’d reckon Goodwin will be looking at him. Better than what we have and any other right back in the championship.

Matty Kennedy the winger also, appeared 26 times for Goodwin at Aberdeen this season in the league and cups, he’s already hinted at leaving so he may be another.

Kennedy deal expires today according to TransferMarkt so could be a shout. Goodwin liked him. 
Interesting to see if he's on their retained list

31/5/2023 3:17 pm  #13

McMullan leaving Dundee according to Scott Burns...?

31/5/2023 3:31 pm  #14

SuperMario wrote:

He'd be a very good signing.

31/5/2023 3:32 pm  #15

Arabassy wrote:

Funnily enough i heard weeks back that he wanted back at Utd.

31/5/2023 3:56 pm  #16

Tek wrote:

Arabassy wrote:

Funnily enough i heard weeks back that he wanted back at Utd.

Signing for Dunfermline

Last edited by SuperMario (31/5/2023 4:00 pm)

31/5/2023 8:50 pm  #17

Kevin Dabrowski (GK) just been released by Hibs. Seems to be unpopular among their fans, worth a punt?

31/5/2023 9:15 pm  #18

The ex-player rumours in full swing. That's McMullan, GMS and Fuchs mentioned now.

Just waiting on the now obligatory Safranko rumour.

01/6/2023 6:42 am  #19

Arabassy wrote:

SuperMario wrote:

Agreed. He is arguably better than both Smith and Freeman. Think he could be a good experienced head who could possibly bring Freeman's game on too - he has been far too inconsistent over the last few years. 

Also think we may take a look at Richard Tait at St Mirren - can play fullback on either side. He has also worked under Goodwin previously and enjoyed a good spell at St Mirren. 

Would love us to take a look at Omeonga, just released by Livi- always looked tidy against us. 

Michael Smith's legs have gone. No from me.

Last edited by lifesanocean (01/6/2023 6:42 am)

Too much commotion

01/6/2023 7:06 am  #20

Arabassy wrote:

Kevin Dabrowski (GK) just been released by Hibs. Seems to be unpopular among their fans, worth a punt?

No more unpopular than any other player can be I feel.

He seemed to do ok on loan and the odd first team appearance but in my opinion not a sufficient upgrade on Newman considering the age gap on them. You'd take a risk on him being first choice

01/6/2023 8:02 am  #21

I can only imagine how different this thread would be if we knew the wage demands of these players and what we could reasonably afford.

I assume 90% of the players who would be interesting signings mentioned would be out of our league, and probably over 50% of the ones we would turn our noses up at too.

I assume next year will end up similar to every other year, where we will end up a blend of untried youths, experienced journeymen, and a few more interesting players we can only afford due to them having recent past issues, such as injuries , where we are willing to take a punt on them where more fortunate teams would not

I think our chances of signing anyone decent who knows the Scottish game must be as low as it has been in the last 50 yrs given all the crap that has gone on at the club.

Hopefully Goodwin has a few good relationships with players from his previous clubs who are now out of favour and looking to push on with their careers, as that seems our most likely avenue.

I for one am prepared for a pretty turgid pre-season, let's just hope we manage to offload anyone who has contributed to the apparent terrible team spirit in the dressing room, and build a squad who can be greater than the sum of their parts for once.

01/6/2023 12:51 pm  #22

Unlike previous Fatso transfer windows which are history, and best forgotten (fat bastard! ), we now need to move on not just in terms of signings but in terms of the timing of signings.
Not just as best quality as can be afforded, but adequate time to bed in , get all of the team 100& match fit, give the team to gel and team up and running from minute 1 game 1. 
Goodwin knows this,

On terms of signings, we're going to be faced with oppositions happy to put 10 men behind the ball and frustrate. So no just positions already mentioned but width pace on both flanks please.

01/6/2023 5:31 pm  #23

Just want to put on record that we should not be considering any move for the Irish International Aiden McGeedy.

Released by Hibs today.

02/6/2023 1:04 am  #24

CCX2 2010 wrote:

Just want to put on record that we should not be considering any move for the Irish International Aiden McGeedy.

Released by Hibs today.

Goodwin might go for him so Charlie mulgrew has company to head to celtic events

02/6/2023 1:29 pm  #25

Reading from the DUSG meeting last night:

It’s likely upwards of 4 players Jim has personal knowledge on will arrive.

Board footera