Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

23/5/2023 9:17 am  #51

Re: Livi vs Utd - Saturday 20/5/23

japanarab wrote:

How much is down to the Jack Ross situation too? If all is to be believed (Mulgrew etc calling shots, spitting the dummy etc) then should those responsible/involved be binned in the summer? The GK coach also needs looking at. That’s twice now he’s been there during a relegation season where a lot of the blame was put on the keeper. Should Goodwin be kept on? Tough call, he must be livid at that defence/keeper after the last 3 games, we are literally a goal down before a ball is kicked with that clown in the sticks—I thought he might come good but all faith has been obliterated. 

This was another failing of the Sporting Director.  Ross should have been given more time.  Asghar should have put Mulgrew in his place whilst also forcing Ross to take on board what the players were saying.  Instead Asghar clearly took this opportunity to offload Ross who would otherwise have eventually got Ogren's trust and made it clear that the Fat Charlatan was the problem.

We need a right royal clear out at the end of the season, but who we keep will depend what division we are in.  The problem is our much vaunted Academy seems to have produced very little so its not as if we can even bring in youth to replace the failures.  Asghar has rookied us for seasons.

23/5/2023 11:01 am  #52

Finn Seemann wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Finn Seemann wrote:

There are only two 'men' to blame.  The Fat Charlatan and the baldy American fool.  In that order.

Some blame also has to go to the Thompson, the outgoing directors and gullible idiots like Always and many others who thought that those two would do anything positive for our club.  The whole episode has been catastrophic and has set us back years.  

I have known this since the Partick Thistle game in March 2019, but few people were willing to listen.

The keeper is definitely also to blame, as are the rest of the team. Not been anywhere near good enough. AU is a fucking balloon but he's hardly responsible for team performance, likewise any other poster.

My point is the happy clapper brigade prolonged this regime - it has being obvious we were doomed to failure since the beginning.  People pointed to the false dawn of 4th last year when pretty much everyone knew that was a massive fluke held together by a couple of key players.  

The keeper is shite.  He was shite before he came and with our hopeless keeper coach he remains shite or possibly even more shite.  The point is our clown of a Sporting Director should never have bought him.  Should never have let Carson go.  Should  never have been allowed to ruin our club.

I hope people make it quite clear to Ogren what his future is at United.

Most of us acknowledged that you were right about certain things, but how many times are you going to say I told you so? You've made your point.

Last edited by Arabdownsouth (23/5/2023 11:02 am)

23/5/2023 12:23 pm  #53

Canadian Arab wrote:

Whether we stay up or drop tom the Fizzy Pop, it's a MASSIVE rebuild, starting from almost nothing.

I have no idea where we'll be in a year.

This has to cover everyone responsible or else no matter what we change we may have the same next season

23/5/2023 1:42 pm  #54

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Finn Seemann wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

The keeper is definitely also to blame, as are the rest of the team. Not been anywhere near good enough. AU is a fucking balloon but he's hardly responsible for team performance, likewise any other poster.

My point is the happy clapper brigade prolonged this regime - it has being obvious we were doomed to failure since the beginning.  People pointed to the false dawn of 4th last year when pretty much everyone knew that was a massive fluke held together by a couple of key players.  

The keeper is shite.  He was shite before he came and with our hopeless keeper coach he remains shite or possibly even more shite.  The point is our clown of a Sporting Director should never have bought him.  Should never have let Carson go.  Should  never have been allowed to ruin our club.

Most of us acknowledged that you were right about certain things, but how many times are you going to say I told you so? You've made your point.

Fair point - just annoyed mate!

23/5/2023 3:14 pm  #55

Finn Seemann wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Finn Seemann wrote:

Fair point - just annoyed mate!

Understandably mate👍

Board footera