Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

14/5/2023 3:00 am  #1

Livi vs Utd - Saturday 20/5/23

......................Birighitti......
Freeman....Ayina...Graham..Behich
Niskanen..McGrath..Levitt...Sibbald
............Middleton..Fletcher..

Subs - Newman, Edwards, McLeod, Cudjoe
Fotheringham, Djoum, Harkes, Heenan, Thomson

Strongest XI and every single player must give absolutely EVERY ounce of energy and fight for every ball.

This is a Cup Final for the club. It's a War.

Last edited by Tek (14/5/2023 3:02 am)

14/5/2023 6:35 am  #2

Re: Livi vs Utd - Saturday 20/5/23

Tek wrote:

......................Birighitti......
Freeman....Ayina...Graham..Behich
Niskanen..McGrath..Levitt...Sibbald
............Middleton..Fletcher..

Subs - Newman, Edwards, McLeod, Cudjoe
Fotheringham, Djoum, Harkes, Heenan, Thomson

Strongest XI and every single player must give absolutely EVERY ounce of energy and fight for every ball.

This is a Cup Final for the club. It's a War.

These cunts have no fight in them, they will do all the press talk this week about the right reaction and how much they owe it to the fans and come match day they will dribble on and off the pitch like a fucking wet fart giving nothing but shyte. An absolute embarrassment to the shirt every one of them.

It's painful enough for folk like me that don't get to so many games but my heart goes out to poor fucking Arabs that empty their pockets week in week out to be let down by this bunch of gutless bastards.

Honestly can't bring myself to name a team because none of them are worth a place.

Oh and Edwards might as well give his shirt to his missus and let her play while he changes the fucking nappies!

Last edited by Arabdownsouth (14/5/2023 6:38 am)

14/5/2023 9:26 pm  #3

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Oh and Edwards might as well give his shirt to his missus and let her play while he changes the fucking nappies!

Should never have played for the club again after the 0-9 game, where he 100% chucked it.

FACT

14/5/2023 10:45 pm  #4

Dont know if this should be posted here, but if you check out this page, you will see 8 of our current squad will be at the end of their contracts in 17 days. (sort it by Contract Date)

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/dundee-united-fc/kader/verein/1519/saison_id/2022

Last edited by Billy_Hainey (14/5/2023 10:49 pm)

15/5/2023 11:47 am  #5

Birrighitti
Freeman ayina Graham behich
Harkes sibbald djoum
McGrath Fletcher Middleton

Depth in the squad is pathetic, options to come on and change the game are non existent

Only playing djoum as we have absolutely no one else

15/5/2023 1:08 pm  #6

Can't see this rabble getting anything out of the game. The gloss has well and truly worn off the new "manager".

May as well play the youth team.

15/5/2023 1:40 pm  #7

SuperMario wrote:

Birrighitti
Freeman ayina Graham behich
Harkes sibbald djoum
McGrath Fletcher Middleton

Depth in the squad is pathetic, options to come on and change the game are non existent

Only playing djoum as we have absolutely no one else

Can't see Djoum getting any minutes SM, don't think Goodwin has given him one single minute of game time so far.

Previous managers and SD have left Goodwin with a squad of very average at best so called football players as you point out.

Still hopeful though that Jim can get us out of it but he's has got his work cut out.

Last edited by CCX2 2010 (15/5/2023 1:40 pm)

15/5/2023 3:07 pm  #8

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Can't see this rabble getting anything out of the game. The gloss has well and truly worn off the new "manager".

It's the same fucking rabble your hero brought in, you really do talk fucking shite!

Amazed you're still here tbh

15/5/2023 4:31 pm  #9

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Which one out of Fox or Asghar are you reeming?

Too much commotion

15/5/2023 5:34 pm  #10

People calling for Freeman and Graham to be in the team shows how completely f###ked this squad is.
Both dreadful players

15/5/2023 6:15 pm  #11

lifesanocean wrote:

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Which one out of Fox or Asghar are you reeming?

AU definitely a taker not a giver mate.

15/5/2023 8:47 pm  #12

Stillliving wrote:

People calling for Freeman and Graham to be in the team shows how completely f###ked this squad is.
Both dreadful players

I agree with your assessment of Freeman and Graham.

What's the alternative though?

4 at back is what brought us a little success and we as a premiership football team only have 1 right back.

We have a captain who is anything but a leader and fuckin hopeless at football. Graham in my opinion is better than Edwards, he can't play any worse. He had one job to do last week and although not solely to blame his opposite number scored 3 go.

What's worse is that we have lost the midfield battle for the second week running and again he can't change it, they center mids aren't strong enough in a 4 and we only have three of reasonable quality that are fit.

Putting that and the fact we have one striker and a boy who should still be a school show as you say have a squad that is completely fucked.

I am not even going to start with the goalies.

That said I still think the manager can win the next two games and keep us up but that says more about the standard of the opposition.

Last edited by CCX2 2010 (15/5/2023 8:48 pm)

15/5/2023 9:36 pm  #13

Stillliving wrote:

Both dreadful players

Graham was excellent last season, no idea what's gone wrong but he's hardly played at all this season so to call him dreadful is a bit unfair.

15/5/2023 11:00 pm  #14

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Stillliving wrote:

Both dreadful players

Graham was excellent last season, no idea what's gone wrong but he's hardly played at all this season so to call him dreadful is a bit unfair.

Aye he had a good 8-10 game spell that filled me with hope. Kieron Freeman has been lucky to play 8-10 mins of good football.

17/5/2023 10:58 am  #15

AlwaysUnited wrote:

You've changed your tune. Interesting.

18/5/2023 7:41 pm  #16

Says on the BBC (I know) that Mulgrew is to return from suspension to play against Livi on Saturday.

Fingers crossed this auld fella can muster up another couple of performances and keep us up.

I have been very critical of him this season but he is our only hope in my opinion.

Return of a back 4 is our best option and Freeman will need to revisit the place where he took an almighty doing and reverse the tales.

18/5/2023 10:45 pm  #17

Fletcher is out, and Harkes is a risk. It will be a weakened team.

19/5/2023 12:30 am  #18

Rumours all over Twitter that Fletcher will miss the remaining games after getting injured in training (groin).

Sorry, but this was ALWAYS gonna happen and i stand by what i said weeks ago. Goodwin has played his own small part in taking us down by failing to sign a Goalie and a Striker from the free agent market. Absolutely suicidal decision.

19/5/2023 8:30 am  #19

Down to money mibbee Tek ?

19/5/2023 10:16 am  #20

Tek wrote:

Rumours all over Twitter that Fletcher will miss the remaining games after getting injured in training (groin).

Sorry, but this was ALWAYS gonna happen and i stand by what i said weeks ago. Goodwin has played his own small part in taking us down by failing to sign a Goalie and a Striker from the free agent market. Absolutely suicidal decision.

I know off topic slightly but this is part of a wider issue, as I see it ,of player recruitment, we have people who's role it is specifically to recruit and ID talent and you have to say they have a poor track record.

Back to the game If Fletcher is out then who is our option, cant expect a 17 year old to lead the line in such a crucial match but what other options do we have as Anaku has yet to convince.

Only hope is Livi are all on the beach or not committing so they don't injure themselves before the end of season.

19/5/2023 10:18 am  #21

Lancashire-Arab wrote:

Tek wrote:

I know off topic slightly but this is part of a wider issue, as I see it ,of player recruitment, we have people who's role it is specifically to recruit and ID talent and you have to say they have a poor track record.

Back to the game If Fletcher is out then who is our option, cant expect a 17 year old to lead the line in such a crucial match but what other options do we have as Anaku has yet to convince.

Only hope is Livi are all on the beach or not committing so they don't injure themselves before the end of season.

Anaku is also out of contention anyway, done his cruciate couple of weeks ago. We are properly fucked tbh

19/5/2023 10:36 am  #22

Billy_Hainey wrote:

Goodwin said there was a budget there for a player or two Bill.

He only had one game in his first month at the club. He totally fucked it not bringing anyone in.

19/5/2023 1:18 pm  #23

Tek wrote:

Billy_Hainey wrote:

Goodwin said there was a budget there for a player or two Bill.

He only had one game in his first month at the club. He totally fucked it not bringing anyone in.

I disagree, I doubt there was anything out there.

If we are looking for someone to point the finger at, look no further than the man at the top. The buck stops with him.

Ogren didn't listen at the end of last year and compounded it at the AGM by declaring Tony Ashgar to be the man.

I have no sympathy for that man or his investment in our club, guys a fuckin idiot.

One guy who has done OK and can hold his head up is Goodwin, not many within the club can say that about 22/23.

19/5/2023 2:16 pm  #24

Fletcher saying on Insta that he's not had a scan yet and hopes to still play. But regardless he's confirmed he's injured. So won't be 100% tomorrow IF he plays. Which is huge risk on that shitty pitch at the pasta dome.

I'm not going to slate Goodwin too much for failing to get a player in, I doubt there was much available at that point. The buck stops with the club on that one.
Allowing Nicky Clark to go to St Johnstone and not bother to replace him either at the time or in January was fucking insane.

19/5/2023 2:39 pm  #25

Rick Dagless wrote:

Fletcher saying on Insta that he's not had a scan yet and hopes to still play. But regardless he's confirmed he's injured. So won't be 100% tomorrow IF he plays. Which is huge risk on that shitty pitch at the pasta dome.

I'm not going to slate Goodwin too much for failing to get a player in, I doubt there was much available at that point. The buck stops with the club on that one.
Allowing Nicky Clark to go to St Johnstone and not bother to replace him either at the time or in January was fucking insane.

Fingers crossed for Fletcher, he will know himself if he can play tomorrow and weigh it up with how desperate the situation is.

I agree with your other point above.

Board footera