Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

02/5/2023 12:29 am  #1

St.Johnstone vs Utd - Saturday 6th May

Same team and formation as Livi at home?

Utd going for their 4th Premiership win on the trot.

Something we haven't achieved since season 13/14, the glorious wee period when we kept scoring 4 or more for 5/6 weeks (before the wheels fell off).

Last edited by Tek (02/5/2023 12:30 am)

02/5/2023 5:19 am  #2

Re: St.Johnstone vs Utd - Saturday 6th May

Same team if possible. Two more wins or a win and couple of draws should be enough to see us to safety. Something I thought impossible a few weeks ago. 

It's not where you're from it's where you're at.

02/5/2023 9:31 am  #3

Same team, with same work rate and desire.

Hopefully a stronger bench if guys like Liam Smith, Dylan Levitt, Glenn Middleton are fit. Any inside info?

02/5/2023 11:55 am  #4

I'd go for the same team, they are by now well drilled and are familiar with whats needed of them

If we have Glenn Middleton back on the bench it gives us another attacking option

02/5/2023 5:52 pm  #5

Same team, another 2 weeks of football coaching will hopefully have improved us further.

This will be a dog fight and again particularly in the middle where we must win every individual battles.

2-0 United and as always a clean bill of health and in particular Fletcher.

Any word on McGrath we niggle that he went off with vs the Livingston Olympic diving team?

02/5/2023 7:06 pm  #6

Same team, same fight.
Middleton on bench would be be big plus.
What CCX says re McGrath - glad he's had the 2 weeks.

Last edited by Shakey Isles Arab (02/5/2023 7:06 pm)

03/5/2023 11:54 am  #7

Full game on Alba 18.30pm

04/5/2023 4:10 pm  #8

I’m happy to leave the team selection to Jim as he’s done no bad so far.

05/5/2023 6:07 pm  #9

Interesting 17 minute presser with the manager.

Last edited by Tek (05/5/2023 9:11 pm)

06/5/2023 8:39 am  #10

Looks like Middleton is going to be back amongst the subs, good to have him back.

06/5/2023 6:16 pm  #11

Got exactly what we deserved from the game, nothing. I would be lying if I said the sending off changed the game as it didn’t. Really disappointed with that performance especially 2nd half as I thought we would come out fighting but both Jamie and Iain failed to turn up and Kieran was poor too.

06/5/2023 6:37 pm  #12

BMT wrote:

Got exactly what we deserved from the game, nothing. I would be lying if I said the sending off changed the game as it didn’t. Really disappointed with that performance especially 2nd half as I thought we would come out fighting but both Jamie and Iain failed to turn up and Kieran was poor too.

I agree with the first point you make, we never deserved anything today however I thought I thought we played better after the sending off.

Today highlights the ridiculous recruitment over the past few years, we are absolutely rank rotten down our right hand side and Jim has got nowt on the bench.

Three in the middle failed to dictate the match and poor defending at their goal.

Onwards to next week.

06/5/2023 8:51 pm  #13

“agree with the first point you make, we never deserved anything today however I thought I thought we played better after the sending off.”

We did play better after the sending off but the point I was making was even with 11 players on the the park we weren’t the better team and we didn’t lose the game because of the sending off we lost the game because we were terrible in possession and lacking ideas to break them down.

06/5/2023 10:28 pm  #14

Seek as phuckin doag. Absolutely gutted TBH.

Canna believe we never took anythin fae that gehm.

Nae need to tell ye how much I hate these fermer chunts.

Next week is a huge gehm.

06/5/2023 11:26 pm  #15

CCX2 2010 wrote:

BMT wrote:

I agree with the first point you make, we never deserved anything today however I thought I thought we played better after the sending off.

Today highlights the ridiculous recruitment over the past few years, we are absolutely rank rotten down our right hand side and Jim has got nowt on the bench.

Three in the middle failed to dictate the match and poor defending at their goal.

Onwards to next week.

Can't blame recruitment. Previous regime spent a lot and spent wisely. Poor management. Simple.

07/5/2023 12:54 am  #16

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Can't blame recruitment. Previous regime spent a lot and spent wisely.

Your tired parody act is seriously boring now. 

GTF.

Last edited by Tek (07/5/2023 12:55 am)

07/5/2023 3:39 am  #17

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Can't blame recruitment. Previous regime spent a lot and spent wisely. Poor management. Simple.

The previous regime spent a lot. You got that bit right. The rest - not so much.

07/5/2023 6:31 am  #18

AlwaysUnited wrote:

CCX2 2010 wrote:

BMT wrote:

Onwards to next week.

.... He's back.

- please please go away for next 4 matches with your attention seeking off topic drivel. 
.. make that forever.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
More importantly the game - we just seemed flat some way.
If Middleton was fit why was he no on after 60 mins ?

Last edited by Shakey Isles Arab (07/5/2023 6:35 am)

07/5/2023 10:24 am  #19

I said the same thing to my mate at the game about Glenn , we were needing a goal and he was the obvious choice to come on so why have him on the bench if he had no intention of actually playing him.

07/5/2023 10:52 am  #20

AU at the wind up should be a banning offence and agree with TEK that he needs to GTF

As for yday St J may put their feet up now they are pretty much guaranteed to survive, Ross Co and Killie benefit big time.
The only thing I'm happy with is that the club have to realise a complete reset is needed.
Whether it's for the Premiership time will tell but big results needed against both the 2 teams currently below us.
Too many of our squad show weaknesses which more than offset the little positives they occasionally come up with. Too many first teamers have a performance average of 4/10 or worse. Simply unacceptable and change needed next year on the playing front for sure.
With the current squad littered with rubbish I have resigned myself that being in bottom 2 is now more of a probability than a possibility.

We may get lucky and not only be in play off match but actually win it. I wont hold my breath though.

07/5/2023 3:55 pm  #21

Tek wrote:

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Can't blame recruitment. Previous regime spent a lot and spent wisely.

Your tired parody act is seriously boring now. 

GTF.

AlwaysBoring

Thought we'd seen the back of this clown tbh. Very strange that while we've been winning games since fat Tony fucked off we've heard zip from him but as soon as we lose he's back harping on about the old regime, time to fuck him off for good in my opinion, we all need to be singing from the same hymn sheet.

Board footera