Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

04/7/2023 12:38 pm  #201

Re: Rebuilding United in the Championship

Rocky Raccoon wrote:

I don't mind Doidge, he always gave United problems, not just last year when our defence was shite . . . The few before that when it was passable.

I'd still want cash on top of him plus a massive sell on clause.

I'd be happy with 500k + 30% sell on clause with Doidge and Daniel MacKay coming to us (target man and pacey winger).

04/7/2023 3:00 pm  #202

Arab87 wrote:

Rocky Raccoon wrote:

I don't mind Doidge, he always gave United problems, not just last year when our defence was shite . . . The few before that when it was passable.

I'd be happy with 500k + 30% sell on clause with Doidge and Daniel MacKay coming to us (target man and pacey winger).

Is Cheryl Tweedy driving Doidge and the money to Tannadice then doing the spilts on a Newcastle Brown bottle on the centre spot at halftime of the first home game?

04/7/2023 9:04 pm  #203

Rocky Raccoon wrote:

Arab87 wrote:

Rocky Raccoon wrote:

Is Cheryl Tweedy driving Doidge and the money to Tannadice then doing the spilts on a Newcastle Brown bottle on the centre spot at halftime of the first home game?

Aye she is, is that okay with you?

04/7/2023 11:17 pm  #204

Rumour is that Levitt is away to sign for Hibs but Doidge ain't part of the deal. Supposedly he turned us down.

Hope to fuck we don't take Melkerson instead. 

04/7/2023 11:23 pm  #205

Tek wrote:

Rumour is that Levitt is away to sign for Hibs but Doidge ain't part of the deal. Supposedly he turned us down.

350K apparently.

Fucking pathetic.

04/7/2023 11:37 pm  #206

RogerTheAlien wrote:

Tek wrote:

350K apparently.

Fucking pathetic.

If we get more than we paid for him, with a year left and given how disappointing he was last season, combined with the time spend out injured that's not too bad.

He was never staying with us and given how fragile he seems to be, how long before he was missing games?

Much rather he moves now than starting the season and then we are left with a gap.

Also fuck every single player from last season. Spineless cunts.

"Don't F*cking ever offer me that again!"

05/7/2023 2:02 am  #207

David_Blunkett wrote:

RogerTheAlien wrote:

Tek wrote:

350K apparently.

Fucking pathetic.

If we get more than we paid for him, with a year left and given how disappointing he was last season, combined with the time spend out injured that's not too bad.

He was never staying with us and given how fragile he seems to be, how long before he was missing games?

Much rather he moves now than starting the season and then we are left with a gap.

This...

Especially the last part!

05/7/2023 6:49 am  #208

Tek wrote:

Agreed. Melkerson has pace, something that we're badly lacking going forward. He is also young and has a point to prove.

05/7/2023 7:14 am  #209

Arab87 wrote:

Tek wrote:

Agreed. Melkerson has pace, something that we're badly lacking going forward. He is also young and has a point to prove.

Surely then you'd be disagreeing with Tek? 🤣

05/7/2023 10:02 am  #210

David_Blunkett wrote:

RogerTheAlien wrote:

Tek wrote:

350K apparently.

Fucking pathetic.

This, never gonna get more than that if that what the fee is, hopefully included a hefty sell on

05/7/2023 10:29 am  #211

Fuck Levitt anyway.

05/7/2023 11:33 am  #212

Much of a sell on % is the rumour Man United have? Surely we’ve lost a decent bulk of what we’ve paid for him if 350k is true.
All leads back to the workings of Asghar and his vanity projects of last season.
Need some incomings badly, but not just those to fill gaps those who want to fight for us.

KTF

05/7/2023 12:24 pm  #213

GFL wrote:

Much of a sell on % is the rumour Man United have? Surely we’ve lost a decent bulk of what we’ve paid for him if 350k is true.
All leads back to the workings of Asghar and his vanity projects of last season.
Need some incomings badly, but not just those to fill gaps those who want to fight for us.

30% apparently Man United have.

05/7/2023 12:41 pm  #214

So Levitt and Fletcher gone and our one other established player with any sort of talent (Behich) is nowhere to be seen and most probably not be seen at Tannadice again. 

We still have the worst player in the club’s history as our goalkeeper.  We have signed 3 players from championship clubs.  Our striking options are an injured, moody Tony Watt, a 17 year old who’s never scored a senior goal and an injured Ugandan who’s never scored a senior goal.  We have no right sided centre back.  We have one right back who is pretty shite.  A load of attacking midfielders who have never shown anything other than flashes of potential…

Season starts a week on Saturday.  I’m getting a bit concerned to be honest.

05/7/2023 12:51 pm  #215

Snacks94 wrote:

So Levitt and Fletcher gone and our one other established player with any sort of talent (Behich) is nowhere to be seen and most probably not be seen at Tannadice again. 

We still have the worst player in the club’s history as our goalkeeper.  We have signed 3 players from championship clubs.  Our striking options are an injured, moody Tony Watt, a 17 year old who’s never scored a senior goal and an injured Ugandan who’s never scored a senior goal.  We have no right sided centre back.  We have one right back who is pretty shite.  A load of attacking midfielders who have never shown anything other than flashes of potential…

If Levitt is gone then I’m really hoping this is what is needed now to start bringing in players. If we’re back to big wages off before any in then so be it, sadly. But he is/was on big wage, so potentially that’s 2-4 players that can hopefully do something in this league

KTF

05/7/2023 1:32 pm  #216

Snacks94 wrote:

This 100%.

05/7/2023 1:47 pm  #217

Hopefully with saving Levitt and Fletchers wages (gotta be 8K a week) that’ll free up some budget for signings, preferably a goalkeeper and a striker.

05/7/2023 4:44 pm  #218

United posting some amount of nonsense on Twitter usually means something or someone is coming. Better not be we’ve signed x shite player from Hibs while quietly sneaking in Levitt went the other way.

Last edited by GFL (05/7/2023 4:44 pm)

KTF

05/7/2023 5:56 pm  #219

If he could get himself fit enough to play and train full time, I’d be thinking about giving Scott Allan a deal to fill the creative gap left by Levitt. He’s the only realistic, affordable player for this level that is even close to being as talented as Levitt, and will cost us next to nothing wage-wise.

His health problems might mean it’s a non-starter, and I know folk will point to him not really getting much game time at Arbroath, but there could be many reasons for this.

A fit Scott Allan is a top-six Premiership footballer, and would give us a bit of magic and that vision and creativity that we’ll likely lack, given the amount of cloggers we’re likely gonna be signing.

Last edited by JerryDungle (05/7/2023 5:56 pm)

05/7/2023 6:14 pm  #220

Absolutely seek he’s left not gonna lie, special player which hibs have got on the cheap due to the owner/sporting director making a absolute Noel hunt of last season

Season starts next Saturday, Birrighitti is still the number 1, no right footed centre halves, 1 terrible right back, nae wingers of real quality and Rory McLeod as our only fit striker, Jesus wept

05/7/2023 7:14 pm  #221

As soon as the Levitt money hits the bank account, we should be offering money for Lee Bonis. Natural goalscorer, would absolutely romp this league.

05/7/2023 7:14 pm  #222

Birighitti

Freeman
Mulgrew
Holt
McMann

Grimshaw
Docherty
Sibbald

Middleton
Macleod
Watt

Our current strongest team.

Need a keeper, right sided defender and goalscorer before i’m comfortable.

05/7/2023 7:34 pm  #223

RogerTheAlien wrote:

Birighitti

Freeman
Mulgrew
Holt
McMann

Grimshaw
Docherty
Sibbald

Middleton
Macleod
Watt

A good keeper.
A decent RB unless he thinks Bisland is ready
A solid CH
A goalscorer

05/7/2023 7:57 pm  #224

Levitt to Hibs is confirmed now.

Hoping this means we can bring in the 4-5 players we all know we need, over the next week

05/7/2023 8:32 pm  #225

RogerTheAlien wrote:

Birighitti

Freeman
Mulgrew
Holt
McMann

Grimshaw
Docherty
Sibbald

Middleton
Macleod
Watt

Grimshaw RB, Mochrie as an outlet in Midfield.

KTF

Board footera