Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

23/6/2023 11:11 pm  #126

Re: Rebuilding United in the Championship

Mulgrew and Fletcher also undecided apparently.

Mulgrew’s got a hard neck, good luck to him if he thinks a Premiership team would be interested in him at this point. The cunt is done, his only use now would be if they melted him down for glue. Also, he’s obviously committed to his coaching career eh? You’d think he’d be in with Jim before pre-season started, planning for the season ahead, no playing tennis abroad the day before the team’s due back for pre-season. Sums up the cunt’s attitude for me.

Fletcher you can’t fault for his efforts last season, but do we really want to be paying 3/4k a week for him to score 10-12 goals in the Championship next season? If someone wants him, let him go, and go get Akinyemi in. Surely the money saved by binning Mulgrew, Fletcher, Behich and Djoum would allow us to throw 100/150k at Ayr for him?

24/6/2023 3:47 am  #127

JerryDungle wrote:

Hopefully get a wee few for Behich and use it to get Harry Milne in from PartickThistle, would be much more useful at LB than Behich has ever been for us

Partick had/have 3 good players - Tiffoney, Turner and MacMillan.

If we sign 3 of their average one's then we really are Donald Ducked.

24/6/2023 4:07 am  #128

Tek wrote:

JerryDungle wrote:

Hopefully get a wee few for Behich and use it to get Harry Milne in from PartickThistle, would be much more useful at LB than Behich has ever been for us

Partick had/have 3 good players - Tiffoney, Turner and MacMillan.

If we sign 3 of their average one's then we really are Donald Ducked.

Signing loads of so called big names last season didn't really work out so it might just be the way to go, time will tell.

24/6/2023 9:21 am  #129

To be fair to behich, he did a fair chunk going forward... probably not having the impact you'd have hoped for from an experienced international....but far from his fault. Goes with my best wishes if true

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

24/6/2023 9:33 am  #130

Behich is a good example of our scouting and signing policy being poor over last few years.

As a left winger, he created opportunities.

As a left wing back, he created opportunities and helped us move the ball up the park. However, he got found out defensively

Jack Ross came in and wanted to play a flat back four, with Behich at left back.  The AZ game was a nightmare,  he looked miles out of position.

Who signed him and why?

Last edited by kiwiarab (24/6/2023 9:38 am)

24/6/2023 1:39 pm  #131

I'm not fussed if any of last years squad left and was encouraged when Goodwin said he wouldn't be hard to deal with if any wanted to leave.

It's still raw some of the performances from last season, get them tae fuck.

24/6/2023 2:13 pm  #132

Some players were more culpable than others.
However it became apparent that during 9-0 game collectively the 'team' did not give a fuck what the final score was was.
We need as big a turnover of players this summer as possible. 
Anyone who is not 100% committed should leave immediately.

24/6/2023 2:29 pm  #133

CCX2 2010 wrote:

I'm not fussed if any of last years squad left and was encouraged when Goodwin said he wouldn't be hard to deal with if any wanted to leave.

It's still raw some of the performances from last season, get them tae fuck.

This is where I'm at too.

24/6/2023 2:39 pm  #134

Stillliving wrote:

Some players were more culpable than others.
However it became apparent that during 9-0 game collectively the 'team' did not give a fuck what the final score was was.
We need as big a turnover of players this summer as possible. 
Anyone who is not 100% committed should leave immediately.

Absolutely,  they demonstrated as a collective group that they couldn't have given one single fuck about us on quite a few occasions.

Marches, flag displays, record season ticket sales the lot and most of that lot chucked it.

One thing I would like to see though is a bit of movement on the keeper. I know it's early doors and im impatient but I would like to see confirmation that he is either off or cutting the grass but definitely not to even turn up for training.

26/6/2023 7:46 pm  #135

“Fletcher away”

26/6/2023 8:02 pm  #136

Djoum away.

26/6/2023 8:02 pm  #137

Heard Fletch may be joining him.

26/6/2023 8:06 pm  #138

I'm not fussed about Fletcher going, purely because I wasn't expecting him to stay anyway.

26/6/2023 8:35 pm  #139

With Fletcher’s wages, we should be able to bring in 2 decent players for this season. Hopefully a keeper and a target man.

26/6/2023 8:45 pm  #140

Behich wants away also. Sell him for as much as we can get and use whatever money he generates to reinvest in the squad.

27/6/2023 7:50 am  #141

Apparently we've had a bid of £100k rejected by Ayr for Akinyemi. Ayr want £150k

27/6/2023 9:41 am  #142

Arab87 wrote:

Apparently we've had a bid of £100k rejected by Ayr for Akinyemi. Ayr want £150k

No messing about, just get this done.

27/6/2023 10:30 am  #143

RogerTheAlien wrote:

Arab87 wrote:

Agreed, I'd offer £120k plus Birighitti and Chalmers going to Ayr.

27/6/2023 10:54 am  #144

Arab87 wrote:

RogerTheAlien wrote:

Arab87 wrote:

Agreed, I'd offer £120k plus Birighitti and Chalmers going to Ayr.

No idea at all why Ayr or anyone else would touch Birighitti with a fucking barge pole.

27/6/2023 11:19 am  #145

If Fletch/Levitt/Behich want to go then so be it. They were all part of a relegated team that threw 3 managers under the bus. I want them gone and new signings in by August 3rd so we’re ready for the league.

27/6/2023 11:37 am  #146

RogerTheAlien wrote:

If Fletch/Levitt/Behich want to go then so be it. They were all part of a relegated team that threw 3 managers under the bus. I want them gone and new signings in by August 3rd so we’re ready for the league.

This

27/6/2023 11:42 am  #147

RogerTheAlien wrote:

Getting players in over the next week or two is key to a good start.

Last season we were far too late in bringing guys in and then the horror down at Fleetwood when most of us that were there realised that most were rank (particularly the keeper).

The biggest hurdle we have is getting these guys out the door and pronto, have we approached Walkabout to see if they need someone to pour pints (need to be plastic tumblers all the same).

27/6/2023 12:38 pm  #148

Mulgrew and Birrighitti training today

27/6/2023 3:05 pm  #149

SuperMario wrote:

Mulgrew and Birrighitti training today

I don't usually post unless I have something constructive to add.

But FFS!

27/6/2023 4:18 pm  #150

Trevor Carson has seemingly fallen out with Robinson at the Buddies and hasn’t been taken on their pre-season tour to NI. Whispers that we’re interested, as well as The Fun.

Board footera