Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

07/8/2023 4:04 pm  #476

Re: Rebuilding United in the Championship

KdyArab wrote:

The signing of Gallagher took us over budget but we knew Mulgrew and Behich were going so Ogren was happy to sanction it. Would be very surprised to see as many as 3 coming in. 1 maybe but not 3.

he is 100% worth it. with 1 maybe coming in, I would like to see a ball playing attacking mid.

07/8/2023 8:22 pm  #477

Around about the time of the Gallagher signing, I did hear we still had to shave £10k a week off the wage bill.

I’d imagine Mulgrew, Behich, Birighitti and Niskanen would more than cover that. Possibly Chalmers. Add fee(s) in, you’d think there’s scope to get 2/3 in

08/8/2023 1:24 pm  #478

Niskanen apparently away for a fee to england

Need a winger in to replace leaves us a bit short esp if the rumours are true chalmers is away also

08/8/2023 3:15 pm  #479

Exeter apparently

08/8/2023 5:31 pm  #480

Still think we need another Moult type striker to give us different options up top.

08/8/2023 6:54 pm  #481

MockChop wrote:

Exeter apparently

Sad day when Exeter City is a better option to further his international career.

That said, good luck to the boy and we'll done to whoever has convinced Exeter to part with cash for him.

Last edited by CCX2 2010 (08/8/2023 6:54 pm)

08/8/2023 10:56 pm  #482

Arab87 wrote:

Still think we need another Moult type striker to give us different options up top.

Tin hat on.

If i'm Goodwin i'm reaching out to Steven Fletcher's agent and saying the offer of a United contract on reduced terms is still on the table.

Think him and Moult together would rip-up the league.

08/8/2023 11:16 pm  #483

I think with Niskanen leaving we will definitely bring another one player at least.  Centre forward back up is probably the priority, wouldn’t be surprised to see a loan from down south towards the end of the window.

09/8/2023 12:23 am  #484

Tek wrote:

Arab87 wrote:

Tin hat on.

If i'm Goodwin i'm reaching out to Steven Fletcher's agent and saying the offer of a United contract on reduced terms is still on the table.

I’d welcome this. Lighter training schedule / travel, reduced terms.

09/8/2023 1:13 am  #485

Lighter schedule = discontent.
Guy who left the club I'd question.
Solid pro and example when trainining & on the park.
How much is that going to be ?
Maybe bench warmer/impact player/ backup for Moult.
Suspect Goodwin has settled on Moult/Watt.

On the other hand Goodwin's stated aim is to bring in guys for a year to get us back where we belong.

Get rid of Denhan, Chalmers free up more cash + couple of laddies on loan, we're 101% ahead of the fat philanderers woeful efforts.

Just thinking out loud like...

09/8/2023 8:18 am  #486

In my opinion we still need 3 more bodies in, the bench is weak as fuck.

09/8/2023 9:56 am  #487

Fletcher has said it wasn't playing in the championship that made want to leave, it was four hours traveling every day.

He said he really liked his time at United.

Fuck knows why???

09/8/2023 10:28 am  #488

Rocky Raccoon wrote:

Fletcher has said it wasn't playing in the championship that made want to leave, it was four hours traveling every day.

Fuck knows why???

We defo need a backup Striker to Moult, if he is out its a big dropoff to Watt who cant play up front on his own IMO.

Also like a bit of Pace, I Think Cudjoe has good acceleration and Mochrie seems to have a bit of pace but thats about it.
people say Middleton has pace but i dont think he has

09/8/2023 10:34 am  #489

Rocky Raccoon wrote:

Fuck knows why???

For the reported wedge he was on I’d travel 4 hours a day.

KTF

09/8/2023 11:36 am  #490

Rocky Raccoon wrote:

Fuck knows why???

Personally I think he's talking shite. If he didn't want two years of travelling 4 hours a day then why did he sign a two year deal in the first place?  It's 100% about not fancying playing in the championship in my opinion, but he's probably realising now that he's not getting better offers.

09/8/2023 12:09 pm  #491

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Rocky Raccoon wrote:

Fuck knows why???

Personally I think he's talking shite. If he didn't want two years of travelling 4 hours a day then why did he sign a two year deal in the first place? It's 100% about not fancying playing in the championship in my opinion, but he's probably realising now that he's not getting better offers.

there is a massive shortage of No.9's in football  id be amazed if he dosnt get good offers

09/8/2023 1:08 pm  #492

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Rocky Raccoon wrote:

Fuck knows why???

Personally I think he's talking shite. If he didn't want two years of travelling 4 hours a day then why did he sign a two year deal in the first place? It's 100% about not fancying playing in the championship in my opinion, but he's probably realising now that he's not getting better offers.

It's easy to sign up and think that 4 hrs travelling a day wont be an issue and after a while it grinds you down, no reason to doubt his motives, he also says that if he WAS to play in the championship then United are the only club he would do it for.

09/8/2023 1:20 pm  #493

Shedtastic wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Rocky Raccoon wrote:

Fuck knows why???

It's easy to sign up and think that 4 hrs travelling a day wont be an issue and after a while it grinds you down, no reason to doubt his motives, he also says that if he WAS to play in the championship then United are the only club he would do it for.

Bang on, travelling doesn't seem so bad at first, after a while it's a fucking chore.

Cammy Bell done it every day from fucking Dumfries before chucking it . .   That was practically the end of his football career, played very little since.

09/8/2023 2:54 pm  #494

If Fletcher didn't want to play for United in the Championship, it might've been a good idea to score that pen v Killie away or kick the ball between the posts instead of over the bar.

"Don't F*cking ever offer me that again!"

09/8/2023 6:18 pm  #495

Tek wrote:

Arab87 wrote:

Tin hat on.

Personally I would like us to offer Gary Madine a deal. 32, experienced, target man that can ragdoll defenders. He is also a poacher.

09/8/2023 10:32 pm  #496

We can do better - simple.

11/8/2023 1:42 pm  #497

Has anyone heard anything more on the Niskanen sale, has went very quiet after the initial news?

11/8/2023 1:47 pm  #498

I’d like to think the incoming fee for Niskanen could be used to send the GK packing

11/8/2023 2:54 pm  #499

Lancashire-Arab wrote:

Has anyone heard anything more on the Niskanen sale, has went very quiet after the initial news?

I seen a post on Twitter of him giving his boots to a United fan who stays near Tannadice.

Mentioned that he was travelling south yesterday/today.

11/8/2023 3:28 pm  #500

Lancashire-Arab wrote:

Waiting on a work permit

Board footera