Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

17/7/2023 11:51 am  #351

Re: Rebuilding United in the Championship

Finn Seemann wrote:

We do really need to see some movement on the CF front.  If that is the final piece of the jigsaw in the Goodwin masterplan then we need him in now so we can judge if Goodwin has any clue or not.  Personally, I am not sure if a peak Duncan Ferguson would make any noticeable difference to this lot.

He'd batter the fucking lot of them 🤣🤣

17/7/2023 12:43 pm  #352

Finn Seemann wrote:

We do really need to see some movement on the CF front.  If that is the final piece of the jigsaw in the Goodwin masterplan then we need him in now so we can judge if Goodwin has any clue or not.  Personally, I am not sure if a peak Duncan Ferguson would make any noticeable difference to this lot.

Sorry if this is an obvious question but who is "CF"?

17/7/2023 12:45 pm  #353

Arabassy wrote:

Finn Seemann wrote:

Center forward

17/7/2023 2:15 pm  #354

dufc2019 wrote:

Arabassy wrote:

Finn Seemann wrote:

Center forward

, although I prefer 'centre' as I am not a septic

Last edited by Finn Seemann (17/7/2023 2:16 pm)

17/7/2023 7:45 pm  #355

New striker expected tomorrow

17/7/2023 7:55 pm  #356

Snacks94 wrote:

Louis Moult apparently.

17/7/2023 8:12 pm  #357

KdyArab wrote:

Snacks94 wrote:

Louis Moult apparently.

As I said to the Homeless Guy in the travel agents "Beggars can't be cruisers!"

"Don't F*cking ever offer me that again!"

17/7/2023 8:33 pm  #358

KdyArab wrote:

Snacks94 wrote:

Louis Moult apparently.

If he stays fit, he’ll bang in the goals.

17/7/2023 9:37 pm  #359

RogerTheAlien wrote:

KdyArab wrote:

Snacks94 wrote:

Louis Moult apparently.

If he stays fit, he’ll bang in the goals.

Is he match fit now? Fucking needs to be

17/7/2023 9:59 pm  #360

Moult is a start hopefully some more creative players to follow.

Just not having that pish that Goodwin said at the weekend,  still need a winger and some creativity from the middle of the park.

18/7/2023 12:35 am  #361

KdyArab wrote:

Snacks94 wrote:

Louis Moult apparently.

For me this is monumental in it's stupidity.

Utd haven't signed a Striker in OVER A YEAR. And now when Goodwin finally decides to sign one we sign a boy who has been injured on and off for FIVE YEARS. He's scored 3 goals in 4 seasons ffs.

Yes, he was a very decent player a few years back, but then so were guys like GMS and Leigh Griffiths, and i wouldn't sign either of them also.

I just can't believe that after two months that is Goodwin's big signing. Could at least have signed him early doors and made sure he got a full pre-season under his belt given his injury history.

Absolute nonsense. Goodwin doesn't have a clue imo.

I mean just look at this below. Moult's injury history since season 16/17. 

18/7/2023 6:26 am  #362

Tek wrote:

KdyArab wrote:

Snacks94 wrote:

Louis Moult apparently.

Utd haven't signed a Striker in OVER A YEAR. And now when Goodwin finally decides to sign one we sign a boy who has been injured on and off for FIVE YEARS. He's scored 3 goals in 4 seasons ffs.

Yes, he was a very decent player a few years back, but then so were guys like GMS and Leigh Griffiths, and i wouldn't sign either of them also.

I just can't believe that after two months that is Goodwin's big signing. Could at least have signed him early doors and made sure he got a full pre-season under his belt given his injury history.

There is no doubt  it would be a gamble to sign Moult. However players can have long periods out and come back successfully.  Wilkie , Andy Webster both did OK Tannadice.
Writing a player off before he has even stepped on the park is the act of an angry man.

18/7/2023 7:48 am  #363

Tek wrote:

KdyArab wrote:

Snacks94 wrote:

Louis Moult apparently.

FFS wasn't aware he was the injury prone, just got rid of Pawlett with a similar record.

Reminds me of a funny story of my amateur football days. Playing against a team and they make a sub, guy next to me says ' fuck sake here comes Melman'. I asked why is he called Melman and he told me because he was always injured like the Giraffe in Madagascar 🤣

18/7/2023 8:48 am  #364

Stillliving wrote:

Tek wrote:

KdyArab wrote:

Louis Moult apparently.

There is no doubt it would be a gamble to sign Moult. However players can have long periods out and come back successfully. Wilkie , Andy Webster both did OK Tannadice.
Writing a player off before he has even stepped on the park is the act of an angry man.

Wilkie retired at 29.

Webster done ok post-injury but was injured mostly in his early 20s, was young enough to bounce back. Moults post 30 now.

Not 'writing him off'. Being realistic.

18/7/2023 8:54 am  #365

Tek wrote:

Stillliving wrote:

Tek wrote:

There is no doubt it would be a gamble to sign Moult. However players can have long periods out and come back successfully. Wilkie , Andy Webster both did OK Tannadice.

Wilkie retired at 29.

Webster done ok post-injury but was injured mostly in his early 20s, was young enough to bounce back. Moults post 30 now.

Not 'writing him off'. Being realistic.

Wilkie played almost 100 games for UTD after being out for almost 2years. Is he not also in our Hall of Fame.
History would suggest Moult would be unlikely to return to the player he was but he has to be given a chance.

18/7/2023 9:22 am  #366

Whether to sign  a guy with shocker of an injury history ?
Whether to sign somebody too old ?

- Don't do it.

Sometimes it works. More often it doesn't.
Always a lottery.

18/7/2023 9:25 am  #367

If Moult passed an independent medical then I think he'd be a decent player at this level, but he's not exactly one for future seasons.  Given his injury record, I think we'd still need back up so we are not looking at needing 3 strikers if he is one of them.  

If Goodwin thinks we only need one, then it shouldn't be a 30+ sicknote.

18/7/2023 10:44 am  #368

Tek wrote:

KdyArab wrote:

Snacks94 wrote:

Louis Moult apparently.

The good news is it looks like he’s over his knee injuries

KTF

18/7/2023 11:07 am  #369

Stillliving wrote:

Tek wrote:

KdyArab wrote:

Louis Moult apparently.

There is no doubt  it would be a gamble to sign Moult. However players can have long periods out and come back successfully.  Wilkie , Andy Webster both did OK Tannadice.

Not trying to dispute that he's injury prone but how the f**k did he manage to miss 488 days in one season?  🤔

18/7/2023 11:28 am  #370

Apparently Louis Moult paid for his own private operation to fix his problems and it’s worked well.

Let’s hope he’s ready.

18/7/2023 12:14 pm  #371

People are losing their shit about Moult being injury prone

People lost their shit about United selling Levitt.

Do people know have many weeks Levitt spent injured over the two years he was at Tannadice?

18/7/2023 1:20 pm  #372

Rocky Raccoon wrote:

Do people know have many weeks Levitt spent injured over the two years he was at Tannadice?

No one is losing their shit, people just ain't happy. It's a forum, opinions are allowed.

18/7/2023 1:33 pm  #373

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Rocky Raccoon wrote:

No one is losing their shit, people just ain't happy. It's a forum, opinions are allowed.

I'm not just talking about this forum, social media is also losing their shit, I am fully aware opinions are allowed, I never once said or insinuated it wasn't, thanks for letting me know though.

18/7/2023 1:40 pm  #374

Rocky Raccoon wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Rocky Raccoon wrote:

I'm not just talking about this forum, social media is also losing their shit, I am fully aware opinions are allowed, I never once said or insinuated it wasn't, thanks for letting me know though.

Cool

18/7/2023 3:14 pm  #375

Rocky Raccoon wrote:

People are losing their shit because he's injury prone. And that the best our recruitment team can come up with is a boy who's injury prone and scored something like 7 goals in 3 year? I hope to fuck he does a job for us and shuts pusses but after finally getting sick note Pawlett off the books the worry is we're bringing in another injury prone player who'll spend more time on the treatment table than the pitch.

Levitt was a decent player who could turn on the magic but as you say he was injured a lot. Fans are annoyed he went to Hibs and feel like he owed the club a bit of loyalty.

Personally I dont think hes a big loss. He was bang average after he signed for us on a permanent deal. He never looked like he actually wanted to be back here, puss was tripping him all the time. Just wanted the game time to get in the Wales WC squad. He was even less interested after he came back.

Last edited by Rick Dagless (18/7/2023 3:14 pm)

Board footera