Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/7/2023 1:13 am  #276

Re: Rebuilding United in the Championship

Tek wrote:

Stillliving wrote:

Tek wrote:

I think if signings are at a minimum then signing a Right Back is a waste of a wage.

We already have Grimshaw and Freeman there who will both be fine at this level. And probably someone from Academy as cover.

I'd much rather we sign TWO Goalkeepers and TWO Strikers.

That is where we are really starved of options.

Freeman won't be fine at any level. When he gets emptied from Tannadice he will be heading for the Juniors. Him and Birighitti are two of the worst players I've seen at Tannadice.

Harsh. Still young enough to come good.

Not old enough to remember Dillon, Durnan, Donaldson, Duff and that's jusr the D's

"Don't F*cking ever offer me that again!"

10/7/2023 1:59 am  #277

David_Blunkett wrote:

Tek wrote:

Stillliving wrote:

Freeman won't be fine at any level. When he gets emptied from Tannadice he will be heading for the Juniors. Him and Birighitti are two of the worst players I've seen at Tannadice.

Not old enough to remember Dillon, Durnan, Donaldson, Duff and that's jusr the D's

Dillon had plenty of good games for us too and was a great servant to the club.

10/7/2023 8:49 am  #278

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/gallery/6-joe-lewis-post-aberdeen-27286561?utm_source=linkCopy&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar#12345680

Whoever these jobbers are trying to whore out Joe Lewis. Us, St. Mirren, Livi and Forest Green, coaching and just out right retirement.

KTF

10/7/2023 9:12 am  #279

Tek wrote:

Stillliving wrote:

Tek wrote:

I think if signings are at a minimum then signing a Right Back is a waste of a wage.

We already have Grimshaw and Freeman there who will both be fine at this level. And probably someone from Academy as cover.

What annoys me most about him is he is a coward in possession.  As soon as he receives the ball he just passes it straight (ish) back to the man. Never takes the pass on the half turn, dosent have a trick to get past a man, sits yards off a winger, is poor in the air. Just a shirt filler.

10/7/2023 9:22 am  #280

David_Blunkett wrote:

Tek wrote:

Stillliving wrote:

Over 50 years (so far) at Tannadice behind me.
Dilton shouldn't be anywhere near a list of worst players.
Durnan,Donaldson& ?Duff were all poor players at Utd.  However all 3 had career's before and after Their time at Tannadice. I try not to be negative about United players but wirh Freeman I find it impossible.

10/7/2023 10:20 am  #281

Tek wrote:

Stillliving wrote:

Tek wrote:

Age has nothing to do with it, you’ve still got to have ability to come good. There is not one single aspect of the game that Freeman is particularly good at. He’s not overly quick, he doesn’t have the confidence to take boys on, hence the turning back and playing a safe pass 50 times a game, he’s prone to getting bullied defensively, doesn’t make a great job of blocking crosses into the box and doesn’t ever like to make crosses himself, again, preferring to turn around a play ball backwards.

Freeman is our version of Cammy Kerr. If we let him go, he’d find his level at Forfar/Brechin.

10/7/2023 10:33 am  #282

Confirmed in The Courier that Mulgrew has been told to find a new club. And that if he can’t, United will try and settle his contract.

I like that Goodwin has shown himself to be ruthless, at the very least, he sees things the same as we see them. More or less every player I outlined to leave in the first post of this thread has left us, bar Watt, Behich and Birighitti. The latter two will go, I’ve no doubt about that. Watt I can understand holding onto, as he is at least capable of actually scoring goals if Goodwin can coax it out of him and if his head is screwed on,  is probably a better option than most strikers we can attract at this level.

10/7/2023 10:34 am  #283

Seriously? We are comparing Kieran freeman to our worst ever players?

Very very harsh, he is 23 years old ffs

He has the making of a good player. Maybe a spell in lower league could be good for him, like Mark Perry or Robbie Winters in 95/96

10/7/2023 11:05 am  #284

Jack Walton signed and confirmed as new No1.

10/7/2023 11:05 am  #285

Jack Walton signed on loan till end of season from Luton

A keeper finally, thank the lord

10/7/2023 11:11 am  #286

A keeper comes in. Might take a half day to celebrate.

KTF

10/7/2023 11:17 am  #287

10/7/2023 12:07 pm  #288

Ollie Denham signing from Cardiff City as well. Right footed centre half.

10/7/2023 12:19 pm  #289

young thou, id prefer experience in that position

10/7/2023 12:38 pm  #290

dufc2019 wrote:

young thou, id prefer experience in that position

I’d imagine we’ll still be looking for one more right sided centre half.

10/7/2023 1:01 pm  #291

Thank phuck.

10/7/2023 2:54 pm  #292

Delighted we have a goalkeeper in the squad, can't believe he can be any worse that last season's clown.

Happy we have also brought in a RCB but would like to bring in a bitb of experience to coach the young lads through.  Mental that we have a 36 year old with 40 odd caps for Scotland and we are chasing him out the door, but for me Mulgrew needs to go. Attending Celtic rally's in the league run in and chucking it against RC away last season were just too much for me.

Experience CB, Another GK and two Strikers.

10/7/2023 3:01 pm  #293

We won’t sign another keeper now, Newman and Adams will be back up and  Birighitti will surely f**k off

A striker now is absolutely the priority

After that if we can strengthen in any other area that would be good, personally would like to see us sign a better right back than Freeman - shouldn’t be too difficult!

10/7/2023 3:26 pm  #294

I think if we bring in Parish or Carson as coach, he will be registered as a player too.

10/7/2023 3:53 pm  #295

CCX2 2010 wrote:

Delighted we have a goalkeeper in the squad, can't believe he can be any worse that last season's clown.

Happy we have also brought in a RCB but would like to bring in a bitb of experience to coach the young lads through.  Mental that we have a 36 year old with 40 odd caps for Scotland and we are chasing him out the door, but for me Mulgrew needs to go. Attending Celtic rally's in the league run in and chucking it against RC away last season were just too much for me.

37 year old Mulgrew is on a mental wage for the level we are now at, add to that his legs have gone and also the other stuff you've mentioned and it's an absolute no brainier for me.

10/7/2023 4:21 pm  #296

Arabdownsouth wrote:

CCX2 2010 wrote:

Happy we have also brought in a RCB but would like to bring in a bitb of experience to coach the young lads through. Mental that we have a 36 year old with 40 odd caps for Scotland and we are chasing him out the door, but for me Mulgrew needs to go. Attending Celtic rally's in the league run in and chucking it against RC away last season were just too much for me.

37 year old Mulgrew is on a mental wage for the level we are now at, add to that his legs have gone and also the other stuff you've mentioned and it's an absolute no brainier for me.

Also not someone I would want around our younger players as a coach

10/7/2023 5:22 pm  #297

I personally don’t like the idea of multiple loan signings but I’ll just have to get used to the fact that is currently the state of affairs that Utd find themselves in and hopefully can’t be much worse than last season.

10/7/2023 7:10 pm  #298

Birighitti back at training today

10/7/2023 7:57 pm  #299

Snacks94 wrote:

Birighitti back at training today

Fuck sake you're like the football forums answer to the grim reaper 🤣🤣

10/7/2023 9:01 pm  #300

CCX2 2010 wrote:

Not convinced we need 5 keepers, we have 4 as off today.

Board footera