Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

18/2/2023 11:18 pm  #1

Ogren

Many saying comments from the owner, sounds like TA & LF aren't going anywhere. We just need to ‘keep the faith’, club is ‘working hard’ & …..’Go United!’

If true, time is up. You are just as culpable, sell up. I want our club back.

So angry! Im logging out. Wont give the club another cent until TA is away

Last edited by UniDundee (18/2/2023 11:24 pm)

18/2/2023 11:40 pm  #2

Re: Ogren

Any idea where we can read the Chairman’s comments?

18/2/2023 11:41 pm  #3

I seen the speech by our owner. It seemed a man who looked very nervous, lost for words and lacking the leadership that the supporters in attendance were i'm sure craving. Polite applause was given regardless.

He won't be so lucky at the clubs AGM, i don't think.

Part of me thinks Ogren is just grossly naive to football and the inherent passion that supporters of European football sides have in their DNA. Club sides really are the fabric of communities, towns and cities, and whether they win or lose very much has an impact on the said communities and their inhabitants.

American sports are different. They don't tend to sack their Managers or 'coaches', and a bad season seems to often be met with an attitude of 'it wasn't our year'. Part of the reason i've never taken to American sports. Any of them.

They all seem so sterile compared to our great sport. Even their version of football is a pale imitation.

19/2/2023 12:33 am  #4

Tek wrote:

I seen the speech by our owner. It seemed a man who looked very nervous, lost for words and lacking the leadership that the supporters in attendance were i'm sure craving. Polite applause was given regardless.

He won't be so lucky at the clubs AGM, i don't think.

Part of me thinks Ogren is just grossly naive to football and the inherent passion that supporters of European football sides have in their DNA. Club sides really are the fabric of communities, towns and cities, and whether they win or lose very much has an impact on the said communities and their inhabitants.

American sports are different. They don't tend to sack their Managers or 'coaches', and a bad season seems to often be met with an attitude of 'it wasn't our year'. Part of the reason i've never taken to American sports. Any of them.

They all seem so sterile compared to our great sport. Even their version of football is a pale imitation.

My thoughts exactly. Look at Gordon at Hibs or Keyes next door or even prodigal son, Cormack at Aberdeen. They all make a hash of it because they don’t understand clubs are inextricably linked to the communities surrounding them. Even big clubs like ManU or Everton.

The American franchise model doesn’t work here. They all talk about increasing revenue streams, branding this and ARPU.

Is it so ridiculous to suggest, we, the supporters collectively try to buy “our” club back? The fact of the matter is whoever might want to buy our club in the future will it not be for altruistic motives

19/2/2023 12:39 am  #5

Macbonzo wrote:

Is it so ridiculous to suggest, we, the supporters collectively try to buy “our” club back? The fact of the matter is whoever might want to buy our club in the future will it not be for altruistic motives

Take perhaps with a huge pinch of salt.

But there's a rumour doing the rounds that the boys who sold Digital Goldfish (both Utd supporters) are tipped to buy out Ogren.

We can but hope.

19/2/2023 8:14 am  #6

Tek wrote:

Macbonzo wrote:

But there's a rumour doing the rounds that the boys who sold Digital Goldfish (both Utd supporters) are tipped to buy out Ogren.

We can but hope.

Last edited by JerryDungle (19/2/2023 4:38 pm)

19/2/2023 2:06 pm  #7

JerryDungle wrote:

Tek wrote:

Macbonzo wrote:

We can but hope.

Don’t know where you’ve heard that, but as a mate of both of them, I can tell you there’s absolutely no chance of that happening anytime soon, if ever.

Just group chat rumours and folk putting 2+2 together and getting 5, it would seem.👍

19/2/2023 2:13 pm  #8

2-0 well, will that panic ogren in to a decision?

Pull the trigger and hopefully get the “new manager bounce”

19/2/2023 3:31 pm  #9

SuperMario wrote:

2-0 well, will that panic ogren in to a decision?

Pull the trigger and hopefully get the “new manager bounce”

Even Klopp would struggle with our squad, he'd probably play in goal himself out of fucking desperation.

19/2/2023 3:50 pm  #10

2nd win in 5 days for Motherwell. I was looking back and we have managed 13 wins in the league since the start of November 2021 !

19/2/2023 4:29 pm  #11

JerryDungle wrote:

Tek wrote:

Macbonzo wrote:

We can but hope.

Don’t know where you’ve heard that, but as a mate of both of them, I can tell you there’s absolutely no chance of that happening anytime soon, if ever.

Last edited by JerryDungle (19/2/2023 4:38 pm)

19/2/2023 4:32 pm  #12

JerryDungle wrote:

JerryDungle wrote:

Tek wrote:

We can but hope.

Maybe spoke too soon… 👀

Spill!

19/2/2023 4:37 pm  #13

JerryDungle wrote:

JerryDungle wrote:

Tek wrote:

We can but hope.

Maybe spoke too soon… 👀

👀

19/2/2023 4:58 pm  #14

Think they sponsored the shorts of our kit about 10 years ago.  Bit of a jump to then buying the club, but if they have the money and are Utd fans then good luck to them!

19/2/2023 5:13 pm  #15

Snacks94 wrote:

Think they sponsored the shorts of our kit about 10 years ago.  Bit of a jump to then buying the club, but if they have the money and are Utd fans then good luck to them!

You can Google how much NinjaKiwi sold for a couple year ago.

19/2/2023 5:26 pm  #16

JerryDungle wrote:

Snacks94 wrote:

You can Google how much NinjaKiwi sold for a couple year ago.

I did. Would certainly have been able to cover the cost of a new keeper and striker last month.

19/2/2023 5:48 pm  #17

Banners outside the Apex Malmaison last night apparently 

19/2/2023 5:50 pm  #18

Protest against Asghar being organised before sheep game in a fortnight.

19/2/2023 9:17 pm  #19

UniDundee wrote:

Banners outside the Apex Malmaison last night apparently 

Aye, there was, walked past it. "Ashgar out" on a white sheet

19/2/2023 11:45 pm  #20

So Ogren grabbing more money, seemingly agreed a 6 figure sun with Fulham for Rory

Meanwhile, tick feckin tock

Last edited by Danzaa (19/2/2023 11:45 pm)

20/2/2023 3:37 am  #21

Was there no talk of 3million from newcastle?

20/2/2023 9:47 pm  #22

I think Ogren would do something if he knew what to do.

Where does he get 100% of his football advice from? If he cans Asghar, who does he confide in on what to do next? He doesn't know anyone here.

20/2/2023 10:39 pm  #23

Canadian Arab wrote:

Where does he get 100% of his football advice from? If he cans Asghar, who does he confide in on what to do next? He doesn't know anyone here.

A certain Mr Levein who’s currently helping out at Brechin? The new role - Sporting Director/ Head of Recruitment and “Talent ID” (FFS) / Football Operations Manager and importantly MANAGER.  4 wages saved towards a real manager in the job. Any chance? Maybe Asghar can make himself useful and gie him Craig’s number. 

20/2/2023 10:44 pm  #24

TangerineDream wrote:

Canadian Arab wrote:

A certain Mr Levein who’s currently helping out at Brechin? The new role - Sporting Director/ Head of Recruitment and “Talent ID” (FFS) / Football Operations Manager and importantly MANAGER.  4 wages saved towards a real manager in the job. Any chance? Maybe Asghar can make himself useful and gie him Craig’s number. 

Won't happen - too simple

22/2/2023 9:02 am  #25

After yesterday, Asghar isn't even on my radar anymore.

Ogren is the problem and needs driven out the club. 

Only then can we remove the Revolution Sports crew and all other incompetents.

There needs to be a hostile takeover and it needs to happen NOW. The potential buyers should only offer what he paid for the club. He will need to be realistic and underwrite any debt he amassed through financial incompetence. That's not on any outside bussinesman.

And certainly not on the support. Who have stepped up time after time, like no other support in the country.

Board footera