Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

14/2/2023 4:56 am  #1

DUFC v St. Johnstone 18/2/23

Few rumours there is gonna be some kind of protest before (and possibly after the game).

Whether it will go ahead on 'Legends Day', remains to be seen.

If Ogrens in town this weekend (and for a limited amount of time) it definitely does feel like the type of thing he needs to see in person tbh.

I genuinely think he is naive to the fans feelings online and offline, and is almost blissfully aware to the supports feelings over everything that have taken place this season, our record European loss, our record Tannadice loss, our Sporting Directors Puppet dictatorship, our Puppet Manager, our dire form that has seen us rooted to bottom of the table for almost the entire campaign, our disgraceful (NON) January transfer window and finally our massive collective fear of relegation and it's dire consequences this time round.

It's on the younger generation of Utd fans to mobilise, lads who get to games a lot more way often than i can these days, sadly.

But you can both protest and back the players. Don't buy into this rhetoric that it's back the players or nothing.

Bollocks.

14/2/2023 8:54 am  #2

Re: DUFC v St. Johnstone 18/2/23

I really hope the special day isn't tarred by protests, at least not in the stadium itself.

Saturday is about two things, paying tribute to the title winning team of 1983 (the first time the surviving players have all been together in one place in many years) and also backing the players to the hilt against a local rival.

Chanting, banners etc will take away from the occasion massively and won't help the team one bit.

14/2/2023 10:38 am  #3

Dinna ken if there's any way oe checking, but dinna think we've beat the rubber Johnnies at hame since September 2014?

14/2/2023 11:13 am  #4

AlwaysUnited wrote:

I really hope the special day isn't tarred by protests, at least not in the stadium itself.

Saturday is about two things, paying tribute to the title winning team of 1983 (the first time the surviving players have all been together in one place in many years) and also backing the players to the hilt against a local rival.

Chanting, banners etc will take away from the occasion massively and won't help the team one bit.

How about we give the legends the reception they deserve and show the current players what would await if they also cared and bust a gut.
Fox and this squad should then go about their business and earn the right to be in the same postcode after this happens.

As for Tony, him being there won't help the team one jot and will be the cause of any unrest, he should stay away, ideally for good.

14/2/2023 3:01 pm  #5

Legends day in February? Utter nonsense.

Hopefully there’s protests in and out of the stadium. Time for Asghar and his merry men to be punted out the club before it’s too late.

14/2/2023 3:08 pm  #6

RogerTheAlien wrote:

Legends day in February? Utter nonsense.

Hopefully there’s protests in and out of the stadium. Time for Asghar and his merry men to be punted out the club before it’s too late.

Almost like it was planned for when Ogren was over in order to minimise any protests. Fuck them let’s make Saturday as uncomfortable as possible for Asghar and Fox. By all means give the legends the reception they deserve but before and after that we need to be vocal.

15/2/2023 8:33 am  #7

Rumour doing the rounds that Middleton done his hammy in training.

15/2/2023 2:22 pm  #8

Tek wrote:

Rumour doing the rounds that Middleton done his hammy in training.

Quality

16/2/2023 10:15 am  #9

I am unfortunately not going to this one, I would have loved to have seen our greatest team and show my appreciation before the match.

This is it!

This is the match where we will find out if we have any chance of survival under he current leadership at the club. Everyone around us for the past month has strengthened and picked up points whilst we have undeniably went back the way. Lose and its black bin bag time.

Off the park, it's a riot an absolute shit show. We as a club are in the mire and the guys at the top take the blame for that.

In the stands, I really hope we are given something to cheer and get behind. Start with a bit of tempo and intent to win. Anyone who was at Perth 5 weeks ago will testify just how shite they are.

Crunch time for this squad and Fox. I have nae idea what side he will pick, hopefully Fletcher is fit and the only keeper we have hasn't got his superman pyjamas on.

16/2/2023 11:51 am  #10

So, with no Edwards, McGrath, Harkes, Pawlett or possibly (if rumours are to be believed) Middleton, what team and formation would you select on Saturday for this massive match? Our hand is really forced here given just how thin our squad now is.

I think i'd go.

..........................Birighitti.................
            Smith....Mulgrew...McMann
   Freeman                                Behich
               Levitt    Djoum   Sibbald
                    Anaku   Fletcher 

Subs - Newman, Graham, Ayina, Niskanen
MacLeod, Cudjoe, Thomson, Fotheringham, Heenan

16/2/2023 4:59 pm  #11

Based on the players who could be present on Saturday, I'd go with:

McAlpine
Gough             Hegarty     Narey              Malpas
Sturrock          Holt             Kirkwood        Bannon
                     Reilly                Dodds

They are all still signed under a Wee Jim contract, AFAIK.
Ralphie will be there in spirit and I'd probably still put him on the team sheet ahead of some of the current squad.

Unfortunately I doubt they'll be considered so I'd go with:

Birighitti
         McMann    Edwards    Graham
Freeman                                      Niskanen
                 Djoum          Sibbald
                            Levitt
                Anaku             Fletcher

Just the 11 this week.
Subs will be whichever of our U16s weren't up until 4am on their play stations.

Edit - totally forgot Behich will be there. So I'd go:

Birighitti
         McMann    Edwards    Graham
Freeman                                         Behich
                            Sibbald
           Anaku                      Niskanen
                            Levitt
                            Fletcher

Feckin shambles!

Edit #2

Cheers Shedtastic. Forgot about Edwards. Also forgot about Mulgrew. Not even sure why I contribute to these team selection threads.

Anyway, I'd try:

Birighitti
         McMann    Mulgrew    Graham
Freeman                                         Behich
                            Sibbald
           Anaku                      Niskanen
                            Levitt
                          Fletcher

Last edited by Canadian Arab (16/2/2023 6:30 pm)

16/2/2023 5:17 pm  #12

Edwards is suspended.

16/2/2023 10:15 pm  #13

Birighitti
Freeman mulgrew Graham behich
Sibbald
Levitt djoum
McGrath
Fletcher anaku

Narrow 41212

16/2/2023 11:07 pm  #14

Suspect it will be usual formation with smith into centre back, behich wide left and either the finn or freeman wide right. Don't think they are great and are on a poor run. If GM is in injured he might be tempted to start JM in his place.

17/2/2023 8:29 am  #15

I'm actually looking forward to tomorrow. My 2 sons get to see a real team and experience why we are " Dundee United ".
As for the game itself I get the feeling that after all the " Talk is cheap " and the players are "up for the fight " stuff in the papers if they fail to show up tomorrow and get 3 points then we will know for sure what the rest of the season holds for us.

17/2/2023 8:53 am  #16

Time to walk the walk and ensure they leave the pitch to applause and cheers.

17/2/2023 5:21 pm  #17

Nearly 10000 tickets bought, unbelievable all things considering the amount of shite we have to watch.

Nobody could ever question our loyalty but certainly could question our sanity.

18/2/2023 1:41 pm  #18

Kai Fotheringham supposedly starting on the right wing today.

18/2/2023 6:04 pm  #19

Precursor to what we have to look forward to in diddy division.

18/2/2023 6:06 pm  #20

That’s us done

Goodbye premiership.

18/2/2023 6:10 pm  #21

A catastrophic mistake from Birighitti costs us.

An even bigger mistake signing him and not signing another Keeper or two in January.

#FoxOUT #AsgharOUT

18/2/2023 6:22 pm  #22

Tek wrote:

An even bigger mistake signing him and not signing another Keeper or two in January.

#FoxOUT #AsgharOUT

I heard a conspiracy theory today ....our Yank and the Fun's Yank conspiring to amalgamate. Surely not?

Last edited by orcajun (18/2/2023 6:23 pm)

18/2/2023 6:25 pm  #23

orcajun wrote:

Tek wrote:

#FoxOUT #AsgharOUT

I heard a conspiracy theory today ....our Yank and the Fun's Yank conspiring to amalgamate. Surely not?

Don't go making my day any fucking worse please 😡

18/2/2023 6:30 pm  #24

orcajun wrote:

Tek wrote:

#FoxOUT #AsgharOUT

Who knows if they've met and discussed it. But theres absolutely no way the clubs will amalgamate. Neither us or the fun support would accept it. An amalgamated club would have minimal support for decades. I know I wouldn't support an amalgamated club in Dundee.

Back to today and that was another shocker. I cannot remember the last time we took something from a game after conceding first. There's no heart in the team and Fox continues to be massively out his depth.

If Ogren still thinks top 6 is realistic then he needs to gtf as he is clueless. The only positive is that this league is unbelievably poor again this season and the teams around us are struggling for results too.

18/2/2023 6:39 pm  #25

Rick Dagless wrote:

orcajun wrote:

Tek wrote:

#FoxOUT #AsgharOUT

Who knows if they've met and discussed it. But theres absolutely no way the clubs will amalgamate. Neither us or the fun support would accept it. An amalgamated club would have minimal support for decades. I know I wouldn't support an amalgamated club in Dundee.

Back to today and that was another shocker. I cannot remember the last time we took something from a game after conceding first. There's no heart in the team and Fox continues to be massively out his depth.

If Ogren still thinks top 6 is realistic then he needs to gtf as he is clueless. The only positive is that this league is unbelievably poor again this season and the teams around us are struggling for results too.

Stirling University are the only team we have beaten this season in a Saturday 3pm kick off. We even struggled with that too.

Absolute fucking shambles of a club, laughing stock barely describes us.

These two incompetent fucking imposters need to be gone tonight.

We are going down, nothing can be done to sort out the squad now, the opportunity for that was in January. Never have I felt so utterly disillusioned with United than I do right now.

See if these two cunts come out with how they are feeling just as hurt as the rest of us 😡😡😡

Board footera