Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

07/2/2023 12:32 pm  #1

Asghar's latest interview

Dear God.

We're doomed.

07/2/2023 1:50 pm  #2

Re: Asghar's latest interview

On a level where we are trying to sign players we can't afford? Good one!

So explain the 19yo from the Yorkshire giants at 11.45pm?

07/2/2023 2:09 pm  #3

my personal favourite is 'we need to stick with the process' - any danger of telling us what the process is?

And the bit about the fans getting answers through the DUSG and the AGM, I can honestly say the responses to questions I have seen on here, other forums and official feedback has never been anything more than delivering platitudes or avoiding any detail in responses; i severely doubt this time will be any different.

My view is that for all the courses and qualifications he has forgotten the key to any successful business or organisation is to put you customer at the centre of everything you do especially how you communicate.  And thats just not the way we are working at the moment

07/2/2023 3:19 pm  #4

Lancashire-Arab wrote:

my personal favourite is 'we need to stick with the process' - any danger of telling us what the process is?

And the bit about the fans getting answers through the DUSG and the AGM, I can honestly say the responses to questions I have seen on here, other forums and official feedback has never been anything more than delivering platitudes or avoiding any detail in responses; i severely doubt this time will be any different.

My view is that for all the courses and qualifications he has forgotten the key to any successful business or organisation is to put you customer at the centre of everything you do especially how you communicate.  And thats just not the way we are working at the moment

I disagree, Tony puts his only customer at the centre of everything he does.  

Listened to it in full now.  My he's not the brightest is he...eloquent he is not....and therein lies the issue....

He seems to think this is only about the fact the team are bottom of the league.  What about all the money he has clearly 'pissed against a wall'.  Tony I was wanting you 'away ta feck' when we finished 4th last year.  Tony it's not the players or Fox we have an issue with, per se, it's you.  You don't know what you are doing and, if I was being charitable, unfortunately don't seem bright enough to understand you are deluding yourself.  Clock ticking surely?  Mr Ogren?

We have 4 or 5 people working around the clock trying to bring in players we can't afford!  Can I suggest we save some money then?  Maybe if we only employed one person to do that job we might have some extra cash to push the boat out.  But we are competing with others for those players - no shit sherlock.

He should have spoken to a criminal lawyer - they'd have advised him not to put himself on the stand.  Glorius ineptitude...

Last edited by Finn Seemann (07/2/2023 3:58 pm)

07/2/2023 6:22 pm  #5

Why did Asghar consider Fox whose record indicated absolutely nothing special in inferior leagues ? Because Tony said he worked with folk who got top 6 in this league and knows the players.
Thats not good enough, the  job is too big for him, his tactics aren’t working and the sooner he goes the better.
Asghar is a con man nothing more, he absolutely needs to face the fans.
More banners needed as I have lost faith in the process.
Ogren has to cop on sooner rather than later.

Asghar out

07/2/2023 7:07 pm  #6

He was dammed if he did and dammed if he didn't.

In reality, folk have made up their mind already and nothing he says or does will change their opinion.

I don't agree with everything he said but equally, don't get the uproar.

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

07/2/2023 7:57 pm  #7

This forum has been full of people complaining about a lack of communication.

Mr Asghar has given a no-holds barred interview where he was asked some genuinely difficult questions and he answered every one.

Its a decent start.

07/2/2023 8:09 pm  #8

Tangy wrote:

In reality, folk have made up their mind already and nothing he says or does will change their opinion.

- Wins might help.
- Don't get the uproar !!!    Is that sarcasm or what ?

More banners please.

Last edited by Shakey Isles Arab (07/2/2023 8:10 pm)

07/2/2023 8:36 pm  #9

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Mr Asghar has given a no-holds barred interview where he was asked some genuinely difficult questions and he answered every one.

Its a decent start.

You just don't stop do you?

07/2/2023 8:39 pm  #10

Tangy wrote:

Agree with that Tangy. Many fans have a fixed mindset when it comes to TA.
Dosent matter what he says.
One things for sure painted bedsheets and negativity inside the stadium won't help the team pick up the points we desperately need.

Leave the pitchforks for the end of the season.

07/2/2023 8:41 pm  #11

Stillliving wrote:

Tangy wrote:

Agree with that Tangy. Many fans have a fixed mindset when it comes to TA.
Dosent matter what he says.
One things for sure painted bedsheets and negativity inside the stadium won't help the team pick up the points we desperately need.

Leave the pitchforks for the end of the season.

Leave the pitchforks for the end of the season when it’s too late.

07/2/2023 8:42 pm  #12

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Its a decent start.

Wasn’t asked any difficult questions about Lewis Neilson though.

07/2/2023 11:05 pm  #13

Tangy wrote:

And conversely there will always be guys like you, Always and Stilliving who seemingly can see no wrong in Asghar and will always have an excuse for his failure.

If you want to back the man that is of course, your perogative, but history will show that those who opposed Asghar will be proven right in time (to have voiced their concerns). Of that i am very confident.

08/2/2023 7:53 am  #14

Tek wrote:

Tangy wrote:

And conversely there will always be guys like you, Always and Stilliving who seemingly can see no wrong in Asghar and will always have an excuse for his failure.

If you want to back the man that is of course, your perogative, but history will show that those who opposed Asghar will be proven right in time (to have voiced their concerns). Of that i am very confident.

I'm not supporting or opposing him.
You dont need to be all in or all out.
I still feel this could go either way,

08/2/2023 8:00 am  #15

Stillliving wrote:

Tek wrote:

Tangy wrote:

Fair enough mate.

08/2/2023 10:08 am  #16

Stillliving wrote:

Tek wrote:

Tangy wrote:

I think the issue here is that some people only judge a club on what happens on the park.  Despite being bottom of the league, I do think it is more than possible that the current squad (even with its self-inflicted gaps) will turn it round and have us in a safe position before the split.  We have some really decent players and certainly ones that shouldn't be at the wrong end of the table.

But that, some might say bizarrely, is not the problem.  The problem is that the management of our club doesn't know what it is doing.  We have thrown someone else's money at the problem and if you do enough of that in this league success should not be difficult.  But because our management are genuinely hopeless, we are struggling whilst also seeming to have exhausted the supply of more 'daft' cash.  Tony Asghar is the problem.  Tony Asghar if left to his own devices will end our club.  Relative success last year is papering over very wide cracks.

I would like to be able to not care and sit on the fence here, but I, probably unfortunately, love Dundee United Football Club.

11/2/2023 1:53 am  #17

Asghar is appearing on Sportsound tomorrow at 2PM.

Questions have been put forward by Utd supporters at Kenny MacIntyre's request.
https://twitter.com/kennymacsport/status/1624152483374194696

11/2/2023 8:00 am  #18

Asghar out

'If you accept mediocrity that's most certainly what you'll get'

I swear there should be a photo of Tony which depicts what mediocre means

11/2/2023 8:02 am  #19

My main gripe with big Tony is he calls us Dindee United, can't stand that.

11/2/2023 8:54 am  #20

We will not properly progress until he leaves the club.
We won’t attract the type of manager we need until he leaves.

Unfortunately the owner, for now, fully believes in him. Which means he’s either extremely naive or a bit of a con man like his pal. Worrying either way.

Ogren can’t really sell as he bought a mess and he (and Asghar) made his own expensive mistakes along the way.

So we campaign for the removal of the SD, the chief decision maker. His removal, and a bit of a boardroom restructure is badly needed. Or we become a yo-yo club at best

11/2/2023 9:47 am  #21

To be clear, I don't wish any ill on Tony, I have been in his company and he does mean well, BUT he simply does not have the capability.
I feel sorry for him in a way because he will get found out, todays Q&A's will be interesting, I suspect this is the start of Ogren getting rid of him and hanging him out to dry.

Right now we're bottom and we will support the team but I find it bizarre that folk find reasons to defend this.

11/2/2023 10:13 am  #22

Completely agree Danzaa, been in his company a couple of times, all be it briefly, no personal grievance with him at all....But the league never has and never will lie, we are woefully short of where we should be....
And this is based on the clubs structure and costs and not the high high hopes of a fan...

11/2/2023 11:46 am  #23

Stillliving wrote:

My main gripe with big Tony is he calls us Dindee United, can't stand that.

Tbf I hate that when commentators come out with it

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

12/2/2023 2:38 am  #24

Did anyone listen to the Sportsound interview, if so, what did you make of it?

I thought it was a complete waste of time.

Usual politicians answers. Liam Fox (and Tam Courts before him) were the exact same. It seems to be the Dundee United way these days.

Why not just hold your hands up and be honest towards the support? It would be more appreciated.

If we are skint or (more likely) the owner has told us there isn't a budget for players in January, just say that. 

If you have fucked up over the Lewis Neilson situation, again hold your hands up. At least you would gain an iota of respect for being honest.

Rather than bullshitting your way through an interview and deflecting, telling half truths and downright lies.

12/2/2023 8:52 am  #25

Agree 100% Tek, be upfront, what have you got to lose by doing that?  No money for players due to previous manager pay-off?  Fine, just tell us that.   Lewis Neilson?  again, just admit what happened -  as I mentioned in another thread, Tam's fingerprints are all over that one too.

Coming out with all these rambling phrases and soundbites just alienates the fans even move against him.

Board footera