Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

07/2/2023 3:58 am  #1

Out of contract signings

Hearing a couple of trialists arrived yesterday. No names though.

Will need to be a quick decision. Don't have weeks to get players up to speed.

07/2/2023 11:16 am  #2

Re: Out of contract signings

have to be match fit or as close as possible we dont have time to wait.

Hoping there are some good players that can improve the squad but the cynic in me suspects it's a reaction to the supporters discontent at the January window - hope i am proved wrong 

07/2/2023 12:36 pm  #3

Even if we do bring in a couple it's not making us any stronger given the recent injury problems. Also the Behich situation won't have improved after yesterday's tragic events in Turkey.

We are currently 4 players down before we even take into account the failure to recruit in January. An absolute clusterfuck by the club.

Last edited by Arabdownsouth (07/2/2023 12:38 pm)

07/2/2023 4:25 pm  #4

We are in the unenviable situation of having holes in the team and no ability to bring in registered players.  If we can, against the odds, unearth an out of contract that can plug some of the gaps, even to an extent, then it would be worth doing so.

Those of a certain age won't remember this, but it is a bit like trawling the scrappy for a part for your car.  It might just get you another six months' out of it but if that is the only option then you've just got to hope you get lucky and you never know you might just get a couple of years.

Shockingly poor management given the management actually purport to lecture to others on how you go about it though!  The hitting the bar analogy is just a joke.  

10/2/2023 2:35 am  #5

Hearing the trialists aren't intended for the 1st team.

3 Ugandan kids and some kid from Salt Lake called Bobby Pierre. All training with the U18's.

10/2/2023 10:16 am  #6

No problem with bringing in prospects.  Clearly someone in recruitment is doing their bit.

The Pierre boy seems to be also known as 'black panther' and had a trial at Hibs.  He's 20 and 6'2" centre back.  The Hibs bit is a worry, but if he can hold a position and pass the ball then he might be worth a look.

12/2/2023 4:55 pm  #7

Tek wrote:

3 Ugandan kids and some kid from Salt Lake called Bobby Pierre. All training with the U18's.

Bringing in kids from around the world to bolster an academy that is producing very little. An academy which is had a sizeable chunk of money donated from the fans to improve the facilities. 

A lot of #academygraduates will be punted regardless if we stay up or not because they are not good enough or not been coached properly at United.

12/2/2023 5:20 pm  #8

douglas arab wrote:

Tek wrote:

Bringing in kids from around the world to bolster an academy that is producing very little. An academy which is had a sizeable chunk of money donated from the fans to improve the facilities. 

A lot of #academygraduates will be punted regardless if we stay up or not because they are not good enough or not been coached properly at United.

I think the last part is probably thee biggest failing at the club at present.

I struggle to think of any player that has walked through our doors since Neilson left and has actually improved.

There was notable improvements in Appere, Shankland and Big Benji but we had some decent coaches in Alexander and big Lee.

Since then some players are dropping back at an alarming rate. Graham, Freeman are the two I expected to be kicking on this season but so far have been more cold than hot.

12/2/2023 6:29 pm  #9

Graham is looking like a 6 month wonder, maybe the pars fans were right

23/2/2023 7:45 pm  #10

Bill Hamid.

Ex-US Internationalist Goalie seemingly close to signing.

23/2/2023 8:02 pm  #11

Tek wrote:

Bill Hamid.

Ex-US Internationalist Goalie seemingly close to signing.

Seems to fit our "DNA blueprint"

"He was back-up to [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesper_Hansen_(footballer,_born_1985)]Jesper Hansen[/url] in his first season, making only one league appearance on April 22 in a 3–3 draw at Aalborg, in which he made a mistake from a corner kick to give the opponents a 3–2 lead.[15]"

23/2/2023 8:02 pm  #12

Gonna be some party on the 4th July at Tannadice.

23/2/2023 9:53 pm  #13

Got ahin crossed he’s just a good solid goalkeeper

23/2/2023 10:10 pm  #14

I know our options are limited given the time of year but I'd have much preferred we got a keeper in with experience of the Scottish/English leagues. But still you'd like to think it wouldn't take much to be an improvement on what we currently have.

23/2/2023 11:29 pm  #15

Rick Dagless wrote:

I know our options are limited given the time of year but I'd have much preferred we got a keeper in with experience of the Scottish/English leagues. But still you'd like to think it wouldn't take much to be an improvement on what we currently have.

It seems a huge risk.

Not played since last May and hasn't trained presumably since December when he left DC United.

Surely we would have been better trying to get a fully fit Keeper on loan from somewhere.

Anyway, can only pray he's actually decent.

24/2/2023 11:16 am  #16

Has the same air as a Kawashima signing - I have no faith in our GK coach to spot someone capable and will have to be convinced

24/2/2023 4:19 pm  #17

Tek wrote:

It seems a huge risk.

Not played since last May and hasn't trained presumably since December when he left DC United.

Surely we would have been better trying to get a fully fit Keeper on loan from somewhere.

Anyway, can only pray he's actually decent.

Since Birighitti isn't injured, we probably don't qualify for an emergency loan. So the fact that we've brought in another keeper anyway suggests Birighitti's days are numbered.

24/2/2023 6:32 pm  #18

You would imagine that we would get him for next to nothing.  As has been noted not played first team football for some time, being foisted into a team lacking confidence at the bottom of the league. Sure he’ll hit the ground running.

25/2/2023 12:04 am  #19

Harkes has signed that keeper

01/3/2023 9:51 am  #20

With all the excitement this week  I presume the Hamid deal didn't happen?

Let's hope for bad weather if so.  I'm starting to remember Kelham O'Hanlon fondly

Board footera