Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

08/10/2022 6:32 pm  #26

Re: Utd v Aberdeen - Saturday 8th October (6PM)

Erikson geeez me the absolute fucking fear

08/10/2022 8:34 pm  #27

What a performance. I knew we'd win today.

Watt - IMMENSE
Eriksson - IMMENSE
The Team - IMMENSE

08/10/2022 8:36 pm  #28

Shedtastic wrote:

AlwaysUnited wrote:

I think Birighitti (why do so many people here call him "The Aussie", by the way? Is it too much effort to type out his name?) is a great keeper and the potential to be our long term number one, but right now Eriksson is the man in possession and has done nothing wrong, so I'd stick with him.

I'd like to see Sibbald back into the team to add some much needed bite, and also Tony Watt to play as an out and out striker.

I believe we can and will win this game.

Wanna bet?
We're getting pumped.

Are we, aye?

Have a bit more trust, we have great players, for whatever reason things haven't gone to plan this season but the quality is there for all to see. We have to follow this up with a win on Tuesday, but I'm 100% confident we will.

What a night.

08/10/2022 9:07 pm  #29

A number of candidates for Mom tonight.
Mcgrath, Watt , Edwards, Behich,Mcmann, Sibbald all could have got the honour.

Wise words from Fox at the end; a good performance but still plenty to work on and a very difficult game on Tuesday.

08/10/2022 9:54 pm  #30

What a magnificent night. To a man we were excellent. Love shoving it up they bastards.

MOTM talk in the car home: McMann, Sibbald, Edwards and McGrath were the 4 choices and tbh none were wrong they were all excellent.

08/10/2022 10:25 pm  #31

Absolutely brilliant to watch tonight! Great to see utd hitting the byline for the first two goals.

Here's hoping this will kick-start utd's season!

08/10/2022 10:26 pm  #32

Fucking brilliant

Only thing I’ll say, how has it took this long for sibbald to get back in team ??? 🤣🤣

What a win against them minks though, I thought levitt was MILES better with sibbald beside home doing the dirty work, sibbald is also a very very tidy player how often does he lose the ball? Very little

Watt massive improvement, he’s finally standing between the sticks instead of getting the ball at every opportunity from the the centre halves

08/10/2022 10:27 pm  #33

I thought McGrath was our best player tonight, immense performance from him.

Sibbald and Behich also very good.

Edwards more like his old self again too.

Great night.

08/10/2022 10:49 pm  #34

Fantastic performance just a couple of negatives, still look a bit slack, should have been a lot more and just where has that commitment been all season.

Right that's the negatives oot the way.

Get it right up they Aberdeen Hun bastards, fuckin despise they cunts with a passion. They were at the usual shit with Middleton chanting ' hun hun hun' at him. They have a hell of a lot more in common than they realise with that mob from Govan.

They smelt blood tonight and 4000 glory hunting prices came down expecting an easy win, the only blood they smelt was from their own snib.

Police everywhere in the build up to the game.

On the pitch we battered them but we should have eaten into the goal difference a but more.

I thought McGrath was class tonight and Sibbald impressed me. That is the sort of tacking and fight we have been missing.

Happy as fuck.

09/10/2022 3:54 am  #35

I rarely get to games these days (for a variety of personal reasons).

Decided just before kick off, to just turn my phone off today, spend time with my family and just watch the game 'as live' on BBC ALBA later on tonight at 11PM. Not an easy decision as i'd been thinking non-stop about the game for days.

Well, what can i say about that? I never, ever expected a thumping Utd win (i hoped, prayed for a gritty, backs to the wall draw or 1-0 win).

The pressing and (most of all) aggression from the team tonight, seemed spot-on from the first whistle.

I said in my earlier post in this thread (when selecting my Utd starting XI) that i felt it was an absolute must that we stopped opposition crosses coming into our box, and i would like us to 'double up' on both flanks with double full backs, to stop crosses into our box ,and i have to give praise to Liam Fox that he done just this (Freeman in front of Smith and Behich in front of McMann). It worked a treat.

Aberdeen had a number of forays in and around our box (and actually dominated possession), but only ever created 'half chances', due to us being much more prolific in stopping the supply line, so to speak.

First two goals very similar in ways. Both came from us non-stop pressing Aberdeen's left hand side of defence around the corner flag and making an opportunity for a dragged back ball across their box.

We were clinical in both situations. Utterly superb.

3rd Utd goal, the penalty, is, let's be completely honest, a 'dive' from Sibbald. and 4th goal is a freak og.

So, 4-0 is perhaps a flattering score line, but we definitely deserved the win. We wanted it more on the night.

And that's what was, most of all, so pleasing to see on the night. More than anything else. Desire.

Absolutely delighted, buzzing, elated and ecstatic at that win.

That's the first time i've watched Tony Watt play for Utd and really thought 'Yeah, you'll do for me kid'.

Going forward from now, he either has to play through the middle, or not at all. I couldn't give a flying fuck where he played for Motherwell. That's two games in a row he has played as an 'in the box' Striker, and twice he's smashed in the two chances that have fell to him.

High time we started playing to our strengths and put square pegs in square holes, etc etc.

Yes, we are still bottom of the league, but last night we played like a team and that to me was the real Dundee United.

A team that works hard for each other, plays for the badge, has a shape, a discipline and a desire to win.

I really, really hope (pray) we take this same spirit and determination into Hibs on Tuesday.

If we do, we have nothing to fear.

09/10/2022 4:32 am  #36

AlwaysUnited wrote:

What a performance. I knew we'd win today.

Eriksson - IMMENSE

Mon' now AU.

He was generally 'ok' last night and handled most of what came his way to an acceptable standard.

But Aberdeen never really made a proper save of him and in actual fact their best chance of the match came around the 15th minute when he inexplicably waded in to 'no-man's land' to follow a cross, a Utd player had covered, and  in doing so, came off his goal line, giving the Aberdeen Striker what should have been an open goal to tap in to, if he was more alert.

It was a 6/10/ performance.

No more.

I reckon we still  need a new No.1 in January or asap.

09/10/2022 5:42 am  #37

I’m telling everyone here, birighitti is MILES better than the Erikson

There was twice today where Erikson couldn’t deal with a cross, one time he completely turned his back on the ball and the other one’s absolutely no where near it and nearly cost a tap in

When everyone first seen the Aussie we thought he was a good goalie, get him back in the goal I’m 100% confident he’ll be good!

09/10/2022 8:45 am  #38

SuperMario wrote:

I’m telling everyone here, birighitti is MILES better than the Erikson

There was twice today where Erikson couldn’t deal with a cross, one time he completely turned his back on the ball and the other one’s absolutely no where near it and nearly cost a tap in

When everyone first seen the Aussie we thought he was a good goalie, get him back in the goal I’m 100% confident he’ll be good!

SM first time I seen the aussie down at Fleetwood I am sure that everyone thought he wanted far too long on the ball and could have done better for their winner.

Forward that to the next time I seen him against the dutch mob and his passing nearly cost us early on.

I agree about big Eriksson also yesterday, looks a bag of nerves and as you point out he was in no man's land. It is only fair to say though he read the game well at times and between him and Edwards made a great block in the second half.

Much of a much if you ask me, both aren't good enough.

09/10/2022 11:51 am  #39

Well. We a sare haed this moarnin efter a night on the p1sh, Eh ask whar did they pull that oot the hat.

The Sly Old Mr Fox.

Have the squad been on sleeping tablets for last 3 month.

Jist shows what ye can dae when thirs nae pusy-in aboot at the back.

Eh thought the Sheepsh@ggers had maest oe the ba, but did meh eyes deceive me.  They only had ONE shot on target, and we had EIGHT. And they only got 1 coarner. Singing hun sangs tae. Thir keeper should get a joab on the boats. Mibbee treh catching fish.

Anychunt ken what Freeman got booked fir?

Ericksson had a couple oe minor faux-pas. But canna in mak my mind up if Birighitti is the better option.

Hope that'll shut the pus oe they chunts moaning aboot the 6 o'clock kick aff. (sarc)

MOTM for me. The boy we the Oor Wullie haircut. Sibbald. Massive difference we him on.

09/10/2022 11:56 am  #40

McGrath man of the match for me, closely followed by Sibbald. Keeper still very unconvincing and wasn't really tested but still had a couple of very hairy moments. Well done Liam Fox for his excellent game plan, let's see if he can keep it up on Tuesday. Really worried about the keeper situation though as neither is good enough and one is a total prick to boot.

Last edited by Arabdownsouth (09/10/2022 11:57 am)

09/10/2022 12:41 pm  #41

Sibbabld was brilliant, full of running, putting in tackles and clever on the ball.  How he's been bombed out the team until now is beyond me.   No faults last night from any player apart from Erikson almost gifting that boy up front for them that open goal.

10/10/2022 1:45 am  #42

Didn't see that performance coming, not because I thought we didn't have the ability but because I thought we didn't have the mentality. MoTM for me was McGrath, and Sibbald also had a huge impact. Been saying all season I thought we needed to get the ball wide, get guys to the byline and either drive it low and hard across, or look for a cut back. We did that on Saturday and what a difference - even before we scored our first, I thought we looked like scoring, compared with most weeks recently when it looks like we could play all day and not get a shot on target. Credit to Fox for making the positional and tactical changes that allowed Watt, McGrath and Levitt in particular to play in areas of the pitch where they could make more of an impact. Would have liked to have seen Archie on for Levitt for the last 15 or 20 minutes and Imme on for Watt and playing wide rather than putting Watt there when Behich went off for Sadat. Horrible decision from Eriksson to come wide for that ball that got squared back across for a tap-in, but it's possible Behich was telling him to come and get it. That said, Eriksson should have told Behich to feck off and deal with it himself - 4 times out of 5 we would have been a goal down there. But Eriksson did pretty well apart from that.

This is the same positivity I felt after the home game vs Alkmaar and am actually looking forward to the Hibs game. You'd think we would learn.

10/10/2022 8:51 am  #43

10/10/2022 3:10 pm  #44

he was there for our only two wins at home this season - can we all chip in and buy him a season ticket!

Board footera