Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

17/9/2022 4:55 pm  #26

Re: Rangers v Utd

Billy_Hainey wrote:

Purportedly United supporters have made an @rse of themselves during the minutes silence.

They did. A really, really low moment for the club.

You don't have to agree with a minutes silence, you can wait in the concourse or turn your back if you don't want to take part.

To chant and jeer is really disappointing.

17/9/2022 4:56 pm  #27

Much better performance than I expected

Clancy was a joke as usual

Anaku looks a good player

17/9/2022 5:06 pm  #28

Canna believe I'm saying this, but that's gotta be about our best performance this Season.

Just needed a wee bit luck to get an equaliser.

Cudjoe shoulda been on 15 mins earlier.

Brilliantly worked goal.

MOTM Anaku.

Canna believe I'm saying this either, but on this occasion hae to agree we AU. Irrespective oe yer feelings aboot Royalty, there was nae need fir that. Couldna believe what I was actually hearing being sung beh some oe oor Support.  Just hope it doesna back to bite the Club in the erse, we a fine.

17/9/2022 5:27 pm  #29

Thought after the initial 10 minutes when we were all over the place (and could have been 3 goals down), we grew into the match and in the end were unlucky not to grab an unlikely draw.

Sadat Anaku looked very good indeed when he came on.

But for the love of God, please no more Tony Watt. He is killing this team (in an attacking sense).

How he got 88 minutes today i'll never know. So many counters fall apart because of him.

17/9/2022 5:30 pm  #30

Billy_Hainey wrote:

Canna believe I'm saying this, but that's gotta be about our best performance this Season.

Brilliantly worked goal.

MOTM Anaku.

Canna believe I'm saying this either, but on this occasion hae to agree we AU. Irrespective oe yer feelings aboot Royalty, there was nae need fir that. Couldna believe what I was actually hearing being sung beh some oe oor Support.  Just hope it doesna back to bite the Club in the erse, we a fine.

Celtic fans get away with flying 'fuck the crown' flags though.

17/9/2022 5:34 pm  #31

Btw i thought Utd fans singing what they did during the minutes silence was (ironically) Old Firm type behaviour.

Poor stuff.

17/9/2022 5:36 pm  #32

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Billy_Hainey wrote:

Brilliantly worked goal.

MOTM Anaku.

Firstly, they didn't "get away" with it - their game was under UEFA auspices, and Celtic have been charged because of it, with some sort of sanction likely.

Secondly, 'Whatsboutery' is a poor defence for any type of offence.

Last edited by AlwaysUnited (17/9/2022 5:37 pm)

17/9/2022 6:16 pm  #33

In some parts of today we looked decent and need to keep it up funny to see them wasting time at the end of the game as we were getting more opportunities.

Really need to sort the early concentration on, how many early goals are we losing from kick off and the start of the second half.  Too many for it to be a coincidence, 

Also feel the defence is becoming more used to the keeper and building that confidence can only help.

17/9/2022 6:24 pm  #34

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Billy_Hainey wrote:

Brilliantly worked goal.

MOTM Anaku.

Firstly, they didn't "get away" with it - their game was under UEFA auspices, and Celtic have been charged because of it, with some sort of sanction likely.

Secondly, 'Whatsboutery' is a poor defence for any type of offence.

Really not interested in your opinion tbh

17/9/2022 8:11 pm  #35

17/9/2022 9:12 pm  #36

Billy_Hainey wrote:

Statement from the Club.

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/7499/CLUB-STATEMENT.html

Good statement. Quite well balanced, whilst making it clear that the club had no part in what happened.

Time to move on now.

19/9/2022 3:18 pm  #37

Keeper still gives me the fear - seems to make the save but push the ball into the middle and not out wide.

Defence still leaving a big hole around the pen spot too. Amount of times they had a boy there in yards of space.... guess it comes from midfield runners abd lack of from our midfield

Good result all things considered

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

19/9/2022 3:43 pm  #38

Tangy wrote:

Keeper still gives me the fear - seems to make the save but push the ball into the middle and not out wide.

Defence still leaving a big hole around the pen spot too. Amount of times they had a boy there in yards of space.... guess it comes from midfield runners abd lack of from our midfield

I actually thought we did a better job of getting central midfielders back into that hole - McGrath, Levitt and Harkes were all in there regularly and they made quite a few blocks and interceptions in that area. I thought it looked like we had been working on that shape in training (about time!). We got caught out for the first goal but to be fair, that was on a breakaway that shouldn't have happened and we just couldn't get enough people back to cover.

19/9/2022 4:15 pm  #39

Tangy wrote:

The keepers fucking terrible, I actually think the Aussie is a lot better than him

20/9/2022 2:42 pm  #40

Surprising score line and also surprising praise for the 2nd half performance.  Not sure if that says more about how bad Rangers are or whether we have turned a corner (but either (or both) is welcomed).

As for ruining the minute's silence, I want to try to like the idea of winding up the bigots by holding a mirror up at them, but ultimately it's just dropping to their level and therefore is embarrassing for the club and the majority of fans who behave themselves.  I thought the club statement was a cop out too.

20/9/2022 2:48 pm  #41

The minutes silence was always going to be a shit show and they knew it was well with all their phones out to capture it.
I still don't understand why we are getting piled on when other clubs did similar at the the weekend.

Not sure why they required another minutes silence and rendition of the UK anthem anyway, when they did all that Wednesday night.

Their weirdo obsession with monarchy is steeped in sectarian bile anyway.

I see the national team are doing a minutes applause tomorrow. Its getting to North Korea levels of state enforced adherence now. Time to move on.

20/9/2022 3:59 pm  #42

Rick Dagless wrote:

The minutes silence was always going to be a shit show and they knew it was well with all their phones out to capture it.
I still don't understand why we are getting piled on when other clubs did similar at the the weekend.

Not sure why they required another minutes silence and rendition of the UK anthem anyway, when they did all that Wednesday night.

Their weirdo obsession with monarchy is steeped in sectarian bile anyway.

I see the national team are doing a minutes applause tomorrow. Its getting to North Korea levels of state enforced adherence now. Time to move on.

Have always thought that minutes silences are daft at the football.  However, I am not sure that I'd call it state enforced adherence.  As AU correctly mentioned earlier there was always the option to stay in the concourse or simply turn your back on it if you want to protest respectfully.  I've never understood why people think it is their right to trump someone else's right of peaceful contemplation.  Time and place.

Of course, I'd always be sorely tempted to 'get it up' the bigots, but I fear we simply sink to their level in doing what our fans did.  Of course, worth saying that the blanket media coverage was totally OTT and disrespectful to those who may be interested in other news.  Glad it's over.

Last edited by Finn Seemann (20/9/2022 4:01 pm)

Board footera