Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/9/2022 3:14 am  #1

Rangers v Utd

Assuming this goes ahead.

I hope our attending supporters don't disrupt any minutes silence.

I understand the feeling of any anti-monarchy sentiment, particularly in these times of national hardship.

And perhaps the opportunity to provoke the Rangers support.

But (personally) i think it would just draw really bad press towards our club.

11/9/2022 10:13 am  #2

Re: Rangers v Utd

I entirely agree.

I would suggest that any United fans in attendance, who feel unable to stand in silence for a minute, recluse themselves to the concourse area during the tribute.

11/9/2022 11:02 am  #3

Totally agree with that. I'm pretty sure the players will do enough to embaress the club on the park without any disrespectful behaviour from our fans.

11/9/2022 11:42 am  #4

I don't go to Ibrox these days.  I do hope those that do can either show their respects by keeping schtum or if they can't, they stay away during that part.  Guaranteed The Rangers will go over the score though.

13/9/2022 9:52 am  #5

Do we go ultra-defensive and try and sit in for a point?

Not sure we can play any other way tbh.

Can maybe see us go 4-5-1

13/9/2022 10:09 am  #6

Tek wrote:

Yes, given recent results against decent opposition, it's common sense football.  4-5-1 or 5-4-1, I have no real preference.

13/9/2022 10:41 am  #7

I think with the Liam Fox turnaround, we can go to Ibrox with a degree of confidence.

It'll be hard, but a 1-1 draw is possible.

13/9/2022 11:46 am  #8

Erikkson

Smith
Mulgrew
Edwards
Graham
Aziz

Middleton
Harkes
McGrath
Immi

Fletcher

Boring and defensive as fuck please. 0-0 would be brilliant. Watt and Levitt on the bench, they don’t work hard enough for these games.

Last edited by RogerTheAlien (13/9/2022 11:47 am)

13/9/2022 1:49 pm  #9

AlwaysUnited wrote:

I think with the Liam Fox turnaround, we can go to Ibrox with a degree of confidence.

I'd hardly call it a turnaround. Did you see the Motherwell game?

13/9/2022 4:54 pm  #10

Massive improvements in every single department after our fortunate point that we managed to gain vs Motherwell.

I have the fear, however the Rangers fans that I know ain't to impressed with their manager either, hopefully we can get through to the second half goalless and turn the horrible bastards against their own team.

I can't see it though with our spineless squad and fear another pumping.

4-5-1 with as many defenders as we can squeeze in the starting 11.

Last edited by CCX2 2010 (13/9/2022 4:55 pm)

13/9/2022 5:15 pm  #11

Rick Dagless wrote:

AlwaysUnited wrote:

A clean sheet after losing 7, 4, 3 and 9 is a turnaround.

13/9/2022 5:23 pm  #12

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Rick Dagless wrote:

AlwaysUnited wrote:

We were very lucky to not lose by a few goals, offered absolutely nothing going forward and the midfield was non existent but don't let that interfere with your view at all.

13/9/2022 9:18 pm  #13

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Rick Dagless wrote:

AlwaysUnited wrote:

On paper it does Always, however anyone that was there will tell you that it doesn't tell the story of the game.

Here's hoping for the same luck again on Saturday.

13/9/2022 10:49 pm  #14

United Arab Emarite wrote:

kiwiarab wrote:

Tek wrote:

Yes, given recent results against decent opposition, it's common sense football. 4-5-1 or 5-4-1, I have no real preference.

5-5 perhaps?
That did get Levein the sack tho.
6-4 then?
Or 10-0?  Defence v Attack training game? Custer's Last Stand.
With the National Anthem on loop.

..... miraculous goal make me happy.
..... hate to say this but I have never in 60 yrs gone into a game so full of woe & trepidation.

15/9/2022 12:40 am  #15

The Huns have lost 11 goals in their last 3 games. Albeit against top opposition (Celtic, Ajax, Napoli).

I still think our best bet is to go defensive, but if we get in their final third let's be brave in getting players into their box and getting good deliveries in, as they definitely are vulnerable at the back these days (also lost goals to QotS and Hibs x2).

We must ensure they don't score in the first 20 minutes on Saturday, and try and turn their support against them, which can't be far away given their recent results.

My XI on Saturday would be -

........................Eriksson.........................
Smith......Edwards....Graham....McMann
Freeman...Harkes..Levitt...Mulgrew...Middleton
.........................Fletcher..................

Subs - Newman, Behich, McGrath, Sibbald
Anaku, Watt, Cudjoe, Niskanen, Meekison

16/9/2022 10:52 am  #16

I think we're going to get a doing there tomorrow. They are on a shocking run by their standards and what better way to put it right than giving the team their supporters  despise a hammering at home. We are probably the team most teams would want to play when on a bad run right now.

Think we need to go with a defensive line up because they are going to batter us from the start.

Like you say Tek if we can go the first 20 mins without conceding that could work in our favour.

Last edited by Rick Dagless (16/9/2022 10:53 am)

16/9/2022 11:04 am  #17

I genuinely think anything under 5 will be a decent result tomorrow.  WTAF - what have we become!!

A trip to Ibrox is always going to be a difficult day for us.  Arguably its a good time to go there.  They are not playing well at the moment, the new players haven't quite gelled and GVB is under a bit of pressure.  However, I have absolutely no confidence that we will suffer anything other than a hiding.  

Arguably we should have appointed Fox before tomorrow, as if we take the doing that I think we are going to take there is no way TA can then tell us all that LF is the outstanding candidate.

I genuinely hope I am wrong but I think we're holed below the waterline.

16/9/2022 11:07 am  #18

Can’t see anything other than a humping, if rangers go for it/get rub of the green it could be anything.

I’ll predict 6-0 and hope I’m way off.

16/9/2022 11:42 am  #19

Snacks94 wrote:

Can’t see anything other than a humping, if rangers go for it/get rub of the green it could be anything.

I’ll predict 6-0 and hope I’m way off.

I suspect if you are way off it will be because they have scored more.

16/9/2022 12:08 pm  #20

Can't see anything other than a right Royal(ahem) pumping. God save the king almost all match with a few rule britannias thrown in. An early goal from them and it's towel thrown in and 6 or 7 yet again. Hope I am miles wrong.

It's not where you're from it's where you're at.

17/9/2022 1:01 pm  #21

Fletcher injured.

Supposedly.

17/9/2022 2:06 pm  #22

Tek wrote:

Fletcher injured.

Supposedly.

Yip not in the squad. Twatt up front.

17/9/2022 2:57 pm  #23

Tek wrote:

Fletcher injured.

Supposedly.

On that note, begs the question why did we get rid of Clark without bringing in somedy to replace him. Utter phuckin madness.

17/9/2022 3:07 pm  #24

Purportedly United supporters have made an @rse of themselves during the minutes silence.

17/9/2022 3:14 pm  #25

1st Rangers goal. Harkes fault. Pathetic.

Also their players celebrate by standing jeering right in front oe the United supporters in the corner.

Board footera