Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

16/9/2022 7:39 pm  #76

Re: Who do you want as next Utd Manager?

Tek wrote:

SuperMario wrote:

Rumours of Barry robson getting interviewed also

I don't know why but i've always fancied him for the Utd job.

I also like the idea of him being our manager

16/9/2022 7:43 pm  #77

Tek wrote:

SuperMario wrote:

Maybe because ex players have such a high success rate for us?

Maybe his excellent coaching credentials?

I honestly don't care who gets the job at this point, but it's strange that people will support this kind of appointment but are up in arms at the thought of Liam Fox who was heavily involved in us reaching Europe.

16/9/2022 9:03 pm  #78

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Tek wrote:

SuperMario wrote:

I honestly don't care who gets the job at this point, but it's strange that people will support this kind of appointment but are up in arms at the thought of Liam Fox who was heavily involved in us reaching Europe.

Also been heavily involved in us winning 5 league games In 30?

16/9/2022 9:11 pm  #79

SuperMario wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Tek wrote:

Also been heavily involved in us winning 5 league games In 30?

See it how you like mate, it's all about opinions after all. I just don't really see what Barry Robson has to offer, other than he was a good player for us. Luggy was my boyhood hero but a total failure as a manager. Its a coin toss unless you have millions to spend on quality players.

16/9/2022 11:05 pm  #80

BBC say Dean Holden to be interviewed

17/9/2022 2:44 am  #81

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Maybe, because of his awful record as Cowdenbeath Manager.

Or maybe because in the season and a bit Fox has been at the club the football on offer has been largely awful to watch, despite more backing and a better budget than Mickey Mellon had.

Or maybe because no Utd player has noticeably improved in that said time.

Or perhaps because we just don't score goals and despite him having been an attacking player in his playing days, we just don't see anywhere near enough 'training ground' goals or even moves on the pitch.

Or maybe because he just doesn't arouse confidence or excitement in Utd supporters who listen to him speak.

Or maybe because he has been the No.2 in charge this season that's trained the players and overseen the RECORD Tannadice defeat in our 113 history and RECORD European defeat in our 56 years of European participation.

That enough reasons?

17/9/2022 6:53 am  #82

Tek wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Or maybe because in the season and a bit Fox has been at the club the football on offer has been largely awful to watch, despite more backing and a better budget than Mickey Mellon had.

Or perhaps because we just don't score goals and despite him having been an attacking player in his playing days, we just don't see anywhere near enough 'training ground' goals or even moves on the pitch.

Or maybe because he just doesn't arouse confidence or excitement in Utd supporters who listen to him speak.

Or maybe because he has been the No.2 in charge this season that's trained the players and overseen the RECORD Tannadice defeat in our 113 history and RECORD European defeat in our 56 years of European participation.

That enough reasons?

And Robsons done what exactly?

17/9/2022 7:22 am  #83

Whoever comes in has to work within a model which is broken. This model has filled the toolbox with old tools and ones not sharp enough.
A major rebuilding job is needed and choosing an unproven apprentice type to do it absolutely will result in us going down.
I said previously we have a run of games in October which we need to get a load of points from. Lets hope we do.

17/9/2022 1:03 pm  #84

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Tek wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

That enough reasons?

He's not done the above. That's a start.

He was also an out and out winner as a player.

But if you want Fox, that's your perogative.

17/9/2022 3:04 pm  #85

RogerTheAlien wrote:

SuperMario wrote:

Austin Macphee also.

Rumours put out by whom?

You know what happened to the little boy who cried ‘wolf’?

Does anyone care? If it is not Fox, it will be a cheap option.

17/9/2022 5:59 pm  #86

one thing for sure is that all of the names are a roll of the dice - lets hope we get it right and they hit the ground running.

17/9/2022 6:08 pm  #87

Tek wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Tek wrote:

That enough reasons?

He's not done the above. That's a start.

He was also an out and out winner as a player.

But if you want Fox, that's your perogative.

I honestly don't know but just want a bit of continuity which is our biggest problem in the manager department. No guarantee with any of them but at least Fox is getting better results and a better performance today by all accounts.

17/9/2022 9:21 pm  #88

Macbonzo wrote:

RogerTheAlien wrote:

SuperMario wrote:

Austin Macphee also.

Rumours put out by whom?

Are Rumours about potential new managers not the point of football forums?

17/9/2022 10:19 pm  #89

Rick Dagless wrote:

Macbonzo wrote:

RogerTheAlien wrote:

Austin Macphee also.

Rumours put out by whom?

Are Rumours about potential new managers not the point of football forums?

Certainly on a thread with the title ' who do you want as next Utd manager' 🤣

18/9/2022 12:15 pm  #90

Macbonzo wrote:

RogerTheAlien wrote:

SuperMario wrote:

Austin Macphee also.

Rumours put out by whom?

Does anyone care? If it is not Fox, it will be a cheap option.

Had seen it on Instagram, some United page. Not a concrete source by any means but also a weird thing to just make up.

20/9/2022 6:49 pm  #91

21 days have now passed since Ross got punted, I take it that Fox is not getting the job.

If he was he would have received the nod by now but who knows.

Our next match is crucial in my opinion for our survival chances this season and the new manager needs a wee bit of time to assess what will be left of the squad back in St Andrews.

Tomorrow is the day I think.

20/9/2022 10:33 pm  #92

Strong rumours it's gonna be Liam Fox appointed as Head Coach, with Stevie Crawford and Grant Murray appointed his backroom staff.

20/9/2022 11:06 pm  #93

Goes without saying that whoever is in the dugout gets our full support. We are Arabs, it’s what we do..

But, IMO, Fox / Crawford / Murray is a ridiculous state of affairs.

I really hope I’m proved wrong

20/9/2022 11:23 pm  #94

Tek wrote:

Strong rumours it's gonna be Liam Fox appointed as Head Coach, with Stevie Crawford and Grant Murray appointed his backroom staff.

Would take that. Liam has proven himself with recent results, and has earned the right to bring in his own backroom staff.

Now its our turn, the fans, to back him.

21/9/2022 8:05 am  #95

AU most football fans are guilty of taking a snapshot and going with that as the new norm, we lose 3 games we're down, win 3 games we're best since sliced loaf etc.
You really should come out of AU land more because nobody is proven after 3 games.
The lack of decent candidates tells us where the club is at, the list could have been manipulated so he seems the best placed. At best give him til end of season, then see what league we're in and decide over the summer.
October is huge we need wins and to move up table.
As for your last sentence, get over yourself, the fans don't need to be told to back the team to do this.
If he wants his name shouted he needs to make big calls, whether he has big enough balls to do that or is allowed to we'll soon find out.

21/9/2022 12:49 pm  #96

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Tek wrote:

Would take that. Liam has proven himself with recent results, and has earned the right to bring in his own backroom staff.

Of course you would take that!

21/9/2022 12:56 pm  #97

CCX2 2010 wrote:

AlwaysUnited wrote:

Tek wrote:

Of course you would take that!

To be fair, he'd happily take a glass of what Tony's serving for the festive season.  

22/9/2022 1:29 pm  #98

Fox and Crawford according to the Courier. Anyone want my season ticket?

22/9/2022 1:30 pm  #99

Courier now reporting Fox and Crawford getting the job. Shocker...

22/9/2022 1:37 pm  #100

Not sure why anyone would be surprised with this.  The chances of the new boss not being a Tony 'yes' man were beyond slim.  Tony, please leave my club.

Board footera