Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

15/9/2022 9:51 pm  #51

Re: Who do you want as next Utd Manager?

Jesus

Cove away here we come

15/9/2022 10:07 pm  #52

Tek wrote:

Word on the street is Fox is getting the job with Stevie Crawford as his No.2

I absolutely despair.

What the actual fcuk

15/9/2022 10:34 pm  #53

Tek wrote:

Word on the street is Fox is getting the job with Stevie Crawford as his No.2

I absolutely despair.

was going to rant at Tony but hes not to blame according to some so no point.
Fast becoming Fun mark 2, a minter yo-yo club.

15/9/2022 10:34 pm  #54

If it is Fox he has just as much of a  chance of making a success of the job as any other possible manager in our price range.
A bit of over reaction and drama from some.

15/9/2022 11:08 pm  #55

Haven't even heard any rumours of who applied, apart from Big Dunc, who was reportedly way out of our price range.

I wouldn't be too surprised to be told that nobody "decent" applied. Maybe our structure is now well-known in football circles and it puts people off?

Neilson had a bit of managerial pedigree and got us out of a shitey league but did nothing to excite the fans. Mellon had experience but not at a high level, and likely didn't have much of a budget, but he kept us up comfortably. Courts was nobody at all, but got us to 4th (albeit in possibly the weakest Premier league ever). Ross was high profile and supposedly at a different level from recent hires, but I've gone for shites that lasted longer than he did. So if it's Fox and Crawford - might as well pull out the old "Magic 8 Ball" to predict how they might do.

16/9/2022 1:00 am  #56

If true - mediocre, poor reflection on lack of initiative coming down from Mr O.
Can't understand why he'd let his investment drift. Can't understand why he's not seeing what's crystal, his present structure is not working.
Hope I'm wrong on all counts ...

16/9/2022 7:09 am  #57

Looks like the club have given up and it feels like most of the fans have too.

Granted there's a few fans who won't be a bit down about it but they probably applied for the position and why not. Has the bar ever been lower to get into the managers chair at Dundee United?

I feel this must have contributed to the long drawn out process of appointing what most of us feared weeks ago and this is because most managers even at non-league level will think they have a chance of getting the gig.

Please spare us the "outstanding candidate " pish, please!

Hopefully he gets the support that some think he never got when he got at Cowdenbeath.

Will get behind all the same, what choice do we have.

Good luck Fox, I hope you make me eat my words.

16/9/2022 9:15 am  #58

I wish Liam Fox all the best and really hope it works out.

Stevie Crawford - is this a joke? One of the laziest united players i have ever seen.

16/9/2022 9:50 am  #59

If this is true, pretty happy with the appointment. He's an outstanding young coach that has served his apprenticeship, and more than earned a shot at the big time.

Last edited by AlwaysUnited (16/9/2022 9:51 am)

16/9/2022 10:46 am  #60

AlwaysUnited wrote:

If this is true, pretty happy with the appointment. He's an outstanding young coach that has served his apprenticeship, and more than earned a shot at the big time.

What a load of shite. There is nothing "outstanding" about any of his credentials. Nor has he earned a shot at the bigtime.

His record at Cowdenbeath, in League 1, was P30 W6 D4 L20 Hardly inspiring stuff.

He's been at the club as a first team coach for over a year, I can't see anything other than more of the same dull as fuck football being served up and all because he's the cheap and easy option.

16/9/2022 10:55 am  #61

AlwaysUnited wrote:

I could have put money on you posting something like this, you are not an Arab, just a wind up merchant who will probably be creaming himself about getting a reply or two, so sad.

16/9/2022 10:55 am  #62

I'm not sure why anyone is surprised by this 'news'.  The cheap option is the only one we can afford and it suits the Tony model of promoting from within, growth mindset bollocks etc. etc.

Until people wake up and accept that Tony Asghar is slowly killing our club this is the future...

16/9/2022 1:21 pm  #63

AlwaysUnited wrote:

drop the gimmick please

16/9/2022 4:11 pm  #64

Not impressed by Fox's appointment if true but in the same breath I've seen enough of football to know that there are very few certain things when it comes to managerial appointments. Experienced managers you think will do well fail and people you've never heard of do well etc.

Good luck to him if so, more than a little underwhelming though.

16/9/2022 4:22 pm  #65

So the Courier is running with the story that Kevin Thompson is set for an interview. Not that I even care who gets the gig right now, but does this not make a nonsense of the myth that we aren't looking externally? People just have to blame Tony Asghar for everything, if tomorrow's porridge is cold it'll be his fault no doubt.

Cue the ' Tony never leaves his porridge long enough to get cold' gags 🤣

16/9/2022 4:43 pm  #66

Heard one of the four is Austin McPhee (currently at Villa and also on Scotland’s coaching team)

Still think it’s 100% going to be Fox

16/9/2022 4:58 pm  #67

Snacks94 wrote:

Heard one of the four is Austin McPhee (currently at Villa and also on Scotland’s coaching team)

Still think it’s 100% going to be Fox

From memory, if anyone wants a good laugh, check out McPhees official job title when he started at Villa.

16/9/2022 5:17 pm  #68

A dark horse candidate is John McGlynn from Falkirk. Consistently did a good job with Raith Rovers, experience at the highest level with Hearts, and has a bit of a United connection as he was linked previously.

I expect he is in the picture.

16/9/2022 5:45 pm  #69

Arabdownsouth wrote:

So the Courier is running with the story that Kevin Thompson is set for an interview. Not that I even care who gets the gig right now, but does this not make a nonsense of the myth that we aren't looking externally? People just have to blame Tony Asghar for everything, if tomorrow's porridge is cold it'll be his fault no doubt.

I suspect we are looking externally, but we have no budget and anyone with half a brain is going to question coming along to work under Tony.  So that means the best we are going to get (other than Fox) is nobody anyone wants anyway.  We are in a mess and people need to open their eyes as to why...

16/9/2022 6:11 pm  #70

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Tony put these same stories in the press when it became common knowledge that Tam was being given the job without anyone else being considered. He gave it two weeks then announced him as manager anyway.

Re John Mcglynn, lower league is his level and besides we aren't paying compo for any manager. If miraculously not Liam Fox it will be someone out of work. We're not in the position of poaching managers anymore.

16/9/2022 6:45 pm  #71

Finn Seemann wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

I suspect we are looking externally, but we have no budget and anyone with half a brain is going to question coming along to work under Tony.  So that means the best we are going to get (other than Fox) is nobody anyone wants anyway.  We are in a mess and people need to open their eyes as to why...

Are you trying to say that you're not keen on Ashgar, you kept that quiet.

16/9/2022 6:47 pm  #72

Rick Dagless wrote:

Arabdownsouth wrote:

Tony put these same stories in the press when it became common knowledge that Tam was being given the job without anyone else being considered. He gave it two weeks then announced him as manager anyway.

Re John Mcglynn, lower league is his level and besides we aren't paying compo for any manager. If miraculously not Liam Fox it will be someone out of work. We're not in the position of poaching managers anymore.

Tam did OK though, no?

16/9/2022 6:54 pm  #73

Rumours of Barry robson getting interviewed also

16/9/2022 7:02 pm  #74

SuperMario wrote:

Austin Macphee also.

16/9/2022 7:35 pm  #75

SuperMario wrote:

I don't know why but i've always fancied him for the Utd job.

Board footera