Tekel Towers - DUFC Fans Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/8/2022 1:38 am  #26

Re: AZ Alkmaar V's Dundee United - Thursday 11/8/22 (8PM)

Who is making the signings? Did the manager know of these players that are coming here from the other side of the world? It is a head scratcher! The world cup break will probably fall at a good time for us. 

We are now in a situation where the manager is under pressure

12/8/2022 2:01 am  #27

douglas arab wrote:

Who is making the signings? Did the manager know of these players that are coming here from the other side of the world? It is a head scratcher! The world cup break will probably fall at a good time for us. 

The world Cup is 3 months away

12/8/2022 2:49 am  #28

douglas arab wrote:

A fair question (regards the two Ozzies).

Though he did make the decision to sign Sibbald and Middleton. Can't say i have ever been convinced by either, or see them as the type of player to keep us as a Top 4/Euro side.

Hope i'm wrong.

If we sign anymore this window it will be very interesting to see if they are known to Jack Ross or complete leftfield signings like the Ozzies.

12/8/2022 9:10 am  #29

Can't add anything else to what every one else has said, just embarrassing and the majority of them seems to just give up after the 2nd goal.  Hertz and Celtic up next we could be rooted to the bottom of the table after 4 games.

12/8/2022 9:24 am  #30

Utterly pathetic. A disgrace.

Sort it out, players and management.

That is all.

12/8/2022 9:40 am  #31

SlatefordArab wrote:

Can't add anything else to what every one else has said, just embarrassing and the majority of them seems to just give up after the 2nd goal.  Hertz and Celtic up next we could be rooted to the bottom of the table after 4 games.

St Mirren at home follows the Hearts game but don't let the facts slow you down

12/8/2022 10:51 am  #32

In a way I'm glad that we've quickly gotten over the praise for Tony's summer recruitment.  I'll admit that last week I thought that we might have stumbled across a solution for the midfield with the hard work and rotation of Harkes, Sibbald and Levitt.  Last week the difference was that AZ just didn't exploit the massive gap between our midfield and defence and our players just didn't keep their concentration and luck that they had the week before.

If anyone at the club was in doubt that we need a couple of ball winning defensive midfielders (which anyone with half a footballing brain has seen since Butcher and Fuchs departure) surely last night brought the fact home to them with a bang.  One of my mates (Rangers fan) only caught the second half and his comment was "have your midfield been sent off?"

Doing our business so late was always risking not being able to give this tie our best shot as I have moaned about all summer.  Last week I hesitated to think I might be wrong.  Last night brought me back to my senses.  McGrath was a total passenger, why Middleton was hooked for him I'll never know.  He totally let their left back (helluva player by the way) rip us apart.  If he thinks he can swan about in their half and not work back he's joined the wrong club.  Hopefully he's just not match fit - in which case why did we start him Jack?  Our Aussie left back had an absolute stinker.  We would have been better with Kieran on the wrong side.  Again Jack, why chuck him in?  You've now put so much pressure on him.

Levitt doesn't look fit.  Fletcher looks his age.  Watt lost all composure.  Cudjoe looks like a 12 year old.

I hope the keeper has some resolve as that is a display that is difficult to come back from.  The boy Eriksson must be totally gash if this boy is immediately first pick.

Now, all that said, they played really well and everything they did pretty much ended in the back of the net.  They looked a decent team at Tannadice but not one that could give us 7 (seven) unless we contributed to our own downfall, which we did in spades.  Sunday is a massive game for us.  If the Jambos win comfortably Ross's coat is already on a shoogly peg.

Ross, Asghar, Ogren sort it out.  Plug the obvious gaps before the window shuts and give our deserving fans some sort of apology for the utter shambles that was last night.

And finally, which total knob-end at the club decided that it was a good idea to sell a canvas of the 'iconic' winning team from last Thursday?  That's Dee-esque and looks even more pathetic now.  Ours is a club with some history and a lot of self respect.  The current custodians need to understand that we take last night's shambles very seriously indeed and 'celebrating' a narrow 'win' at half time is not the kind of club that we want to support.  Getting into Europe again has been a great achievement, but if they really think a narrow hard fought first half win is the height of our ambition and expectation they need to think again.

12/8/2022 10:58 am  #33

Interestingly Sibbald has been involved in two of the worst performances I have seen from a United team.  Last night and 6-1 Falkirk.  I don't think he is a world beater, but I'm fairly confident that he can play a part for us going forward.  IF we can get in a competent CDM, which he isn't.

12/8/2022 1:44 pm  #34

Arabdownsouth wrote:

SlatefordArab wrote:

St Mirren at home follows the Hearts game but don't let the facts slow you down

Aye ok, sorry I got the fixtures wrong.

12/8/2022 3:40 pm  #35

Tek wrote:

douglas arab wrote:

Though he did make the decision to sign Sibbald and Middleton. Can't say i have ever been convinced by either, or see them as the type of player to keep us as a Top 4/Euro side.

Hope i'm wrong.

If we sign anymore this window it will be very interesting to see if they are known to Jack Ross or complete leftfield signings like the Ozzies.

Is this not the Sporting Director model of how the club is run? Obviously, I and as many others were utterly wrong on what happened last season. The model worked well and we exceeded expectations. If we finish outside the top 6, this season, the model will still be in place as long as Ogren owns the club.

For me, I can only watch and hope that last night was an aberration.

12/8/2022 3:43 pm  #36

Finn Seemann wrote:

Interestingly Sibbald has been involved in two of the worst performances I have seen from a United team.  Last night and 6-1 Falkirk.  I don't think he is a world beater, but I'm fairly confident that he can play a part for us going forward.  IF we can get in a competent CDM, which he isn't.

I get you point and agree with the cleary urgent need for someone in the middle to do the dirty stuff but last night🤷‍♂️.

That was like an under 10 team at times nobody alert, folk running off our guys so easy. Sibbald not at the races with or without the ball. Levitt needs to quickly learn that in the middle you need to more than pass the ball which I am confident he will.

But the most alarming thing for me last night was the lack of fight. Bad performances and off nights fair enough however for 16 players to play in a 7 nil defeat and not a yellow card is scary shit. Where is the pride/professionalism?

That was a very experienced side we pit out last night and they folded like the proverbial deck chair.

Stating the obvious but simply not good enough.

12/8/2022 3:54 pm  #37

CCX2 2010 wrote:

Finn Seemann wrote:

I get you point and agree with the cleary urgent need for someone in the middle to do the dirty stuff but last night🤷‍♂️.

That was like an under 10 team at times nobody alert, folk running off our guys so easy. Sibbald not at the races with or without the ball. Levitt needs to quickly learn that in the middle you need to more than pass the ball which I am confident he will.

But the most alarming thing for me last night was the lack of fight. Bad performances and off nights fair enough however for 16 players to play in a 7 nil defeat and not a yellow card is scary shit. Where is the pride/professionalism?

That was a very experienced side we pit out last night and they folded like the proverbial deck chair.

Agreed.  Willo Flood would have hospitalised someone...

12/8/2022 4:44 pm  #38

Gutless and spineless that lot last night, a complete disgrace, yes az are a decent side but that was genuinely pathetic

Big game Sunday, not confident at all

12/8/2022 5:57 pm  #39

CCX2 2010 wrote:

Finn Seemann wrote:

A very card happy ref too apparently 😲

13/8/2022 5:22 am  #40

Macbonzo wrote:

Tek wrote:

douglas arab wrote:

Hope i'm wrong.

Is this not the Sporting Director model of how the club is run?

You've lost me here Mac.

13/8/2022 6:36 am  #41

That performance has certainly brought the fans together in their criticism of a spineless defeat.
we were up against a team a level up from UTD however the way we just accepted a doing is very worrying for the season ahead.
When you're getting a kicking you get the guard the up, you try and land a few jabs, you hold on to a better opponent, throw one after the bell, maybe catch the below the belt. This UTD team nothing, effectively turned their backs and threw the towel in.

13/8/2022 11:22 am  #42

We let in a poor goal and they got lucky at the 2nd. From that point, our lads were rocked and everything az touched turned to gold.  (Albeit we suffered from individual mistakes)

I don't agree that I want our players to go out to injure opposition and get sent off. European refs wouldn't hesitate to put them off. Lose a player and it becomes an even worse evening.

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

13/8/2022 2:00 pm  #43

Tangy wrote:

We let in a poor goal and they got lucky at the 2nd. From that point, our lads were rocked and everything az touched turned to gold.  (Albeit we suffered from individual mistakes)

I don't agree that I want our players to go out to injure opposition and get sent off. European refs wouldn't hesitate to put them off. Lose a player and it becomes an even worse evening.

Nobody for a minute I believe is saying that and you are right the refs on the continent are a lot more switched on and will send you off if you are trying to injure a player.

What people are saying is there is a way to stop them either blocking, pulling shirts or general fouling. Also tackling is part if the game and that is what yellow cards are for.

You come across as someone has has never played the game in your life.

You can't always win playing the beautiful game.

Hopefully tomorrow the show a whole lot more desire than the last two games because if they don't it will be long afternoon again.

13/8/2022 3:20 pm  #44

Tek wrote:

Macbonzo wrote:

Tek wrote:

Hope i'm wrong.

Is this not the Sporting Director model of how the club is run?

You've lost me here Mac.

My understanding is that Asghar has the final say on player recruitment, so, although JR can request a signing, the buck stops with the Sporting Director. In other words players may be signed without JR’s input.

13/8/2022 6:17 pm  #45

Ccx.

For info, I was involved in football for years...

And it's exactly what people are saying. 'Leave one on them' 'land one under the belt' 'jab'.

I believe we need a butcher type - but we didn't have one. The match was fucking dreadful but in the cold light of day, I'm not going to lose my sh!t over it.

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

Board footera